• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

Damnit I just ordered from primary and would have to pay shipping again! And the NSTB25 coupon code doesn't work but NARescue.com offers free shipping.....

Last edited:
It’s pretty simple if you have any sort of rifle vise. You’ll normally be using two piece rings, so you mount the lower half of the rings on the rifle. Put the rifle in the vise and use the smaller level on the flat part of the ring base to get the rifle level. Then clamp the barrel level on the barrel with it close to level. Adjust the barrel level with the adjustment until the bubble is centered and matches the small level on the ring base. The barrel level is now aligned with the ring base. Take the level off the ring base and mount the scope. Put the small level on the top turret of the scope (depending on the scope I’ll remove the turret cover since the actual turret top usually will reflect the reticle better than the turret cap). Check the barrel level to make sure the gun hasn’t shifted in the vise and then level the scope using the small level on the turret. As you tighten things down, keep checking the level on the turret and the level on the barrel to make sure nothing is shifting. That’s it.

If the rings you are using don’t have a flat toped base, you’ll need to find a point on your rifle that is flat and parallel to the horizontal plane of the barrel. On some bolt actions there will be a flat spot on the receiver you can use. Sometimes you can remove the bolt and the ejection port will give you a flat spot. In any case you want to be able to level the rifle using the small level so that you can then mount the barrel level to accurately reflect when the gun is level. You use the barrel level since often the scope will be blocking what ever flat point you used to initially level the rifle.

On most AR types you really only need two small levels. One on the scope turret and one on the rifle’s top rail, since you generally won’t be blocking the entire rail when you mount the scope.
'Thank you!

Damnit I just ordered from primary and would have to pay shipping again! And the NSTB25 coupon code doesn't work but NARescue.com offers free shipping.....
NARescue usually has a coupon code going around, I use my HSA to buy my stuff from them too

Get the advanced.
Not a fan of the Rapid TQ. CAT or SOF-T are way better IME. It's better than nothing, but very difficult to get occlusion with the narrow band, plus you've got to wrap it several times.

Does anyone have a source for "cheap" throw levers for scopes with tight zoom rings? Specifically Primary Arms scopes, the real ones are $30+ and not worth it on such an inexpensive scope.

Maybe $1.99 Pinty throw levers?

Last edited:
Don't know if anyone has mentioned it but Brownells has had Polymer 80 frames for $99.99, today is the last day.

Only black available in the aggressive texture 17

FDE and Grey in the original texture 19

🐯

Does anyone have a source for "cheap" throw levers for scopes with tight zoom rings? Specifically Primary Arms scopes, the real ones are $30+ and not worth it on such an inexpensive scope.

Maybe $1.99 Pinty throw levers?
they all are comparable. the thing you need to look at is the diameter, obviously.
this one now does not show as in stock, but worked fine on my viper pst2 1-6x, was at $15. if you see one for a $2 - even better, i guess, as they are all made the same.
View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S8NCQRF

But are they any good or is it just throwing money away on garbage quality?
PSA kits there are not the best, and they are not the worst, and as all else in life - depends upon what is it you are after. From what i did read before they may even do 1 moa accuracy fine, depending upon your luck. just google it and read up on the ar15.com. and, it is just an upper, it is not a prohibited item in this country, yet.
Except of PSA to boycott MA and refusing to ship even a rusty nail to addresses here.

Last edited:
PSA kits there are not the best, and they are not the worst, and as all else in life - depends upon what is it you are after. From what i did read before they may even do 1 moa accuracy fine, depending upon your luck. just google it and read up on the ar15.com. and, it is just an upper, it is not a prohibited item in this country, yet.
Except of PSA to boycott MA and refusing to ship even a rusty nail to addresses here.
That's pretty shitty that they won't ship to MA. I intended to get an AR after I moved to NH but ended up holding off since I had just spent so much on the house down payment. Then I ended up getting more AKs. Then the world went nuts and prices along with it. I think I'll just go for this cheap PSA kit along with this carry handle. Then hunt down a lower, mags and ammo later.

That's pretty shitty that they won't ship to MA. I intended to get an AR after I moved to NH but ended up holding off since I had just spent so much on the house down payment. Then I ended up getting more AKs. Then the world went nuts and prices along with it. I think I'll just go for this cheap PSA kit along with this carry handle. Then hunt down a lower, mags and ammo later.

if you are in NH and can get it shipped to you - it is quite a deal. they have lowers in stock too - a complete lower for $199, it seems.

Last edited:
This is a pretty good deal also. $144 2-day shipped (with codes 2DAYAIR and GUNGUY5 for additional 5% off). We all know how CMC triggers are king, but this new combat curved shape is a perfect blend of the traditional curved and flat-face designs. And its a cool tungsten color to make it stand out on your build.

1622594261496.png

Back
Top Bottom