Deals and steals

I've purchased other items from Kentucky Gun Co... it's a solid site/store
Based on my order of those mags taking a solid week to just ship and then no updates on shipping since, I'm wary about this company. I've used Amend2's Glock mags without issue so I took a chance on their AR mags. Of course, I missed this current deal by about a day. 🤷‍♂️

One Billumen!!!!!! Yeahbaby Yeah!

Strange. It's 9am and I haven't gotten sixteen joke emails from cigar companies. I think Lew at JR started it many years ago. (He actually had people thinking they could pre-order soon-to-be-legal Cubans. Hahahahahahahaha!). Today?? Nada. The best I got was a discount Easter code from one retailer yesterday.

Mass Firearms has IWI Tavor X95's and SIG CROSS 6.5 Creed in stock! As usual, their prices are very reasonable. Good to see a business trying to do honest business.

Thats funny right there, I don’t care who you are. Even if you are a shill.
I actually got a great deal on my Ruger mark4 Hunter with carved grips at MFS. They had a typo in the ad (pricing was for standard) but when i called, they said if you get here in the next couple hours we will honor it, and they did.

Not cheap, but a deal none the less. One of the few FFP mRad scopes offering 0.025 mRad click adjustments (that’s 0.25 cm at 100 meters, or 0 .09 in at 100 yards). Allows you to very accurately zero in your long range rifle. For example, for 6.5 Creedmoor, this will let you adjust your POA at 100 meters by less than half your bullet diameter versus almost twice your bullet diameter with a normal .1 mRad scope.

Not cheap, but a deal none the less. One of the few FFP mRad scopes offering 0.025 mRad click adjustments (that’s 0.25 cm at 100 meters, or 0 .09 in at 100 yards). Allows you to very accurately zero in your long range rifle. For example, for 6.5 Creedmoor, this will let you adjust your POA at 100 meters by less than half your bullet diameter versus almost twice your bullet diameter with a normal .1 mRad scope.

Not cheap as you said but for an S&B scope it's not a bad price.

I used to buy stuff from sportsman's guide about 30 years ago. They would send anything here, that is when they had just a few pages in their catalog. It was a great place, haven't even thought of them in a very long time.

I also got a good # of things 20 or so years ago from them. Then they started with their "oh, this looks like someone could beat someone else with it, so it must be illegal in 8 states" bullspit. I had some nice brush jeans from there. That was a few sizes larger ago, though.

I used to buy stuff from sportsman's guide about 30 years ago. They would send anything here, that is when they had just a few pages in their catalog. It was a great place, haven't even thought of them in a very long time.
I bought a pair of insulated boots from them about a decade ago, and they immediately started sending me catalogs on a monthly basis and sold my name/info to about 10 other companies who did the same, offers for loan refinancing, replacement windows, and a bunch of other crap. I knew because my company paid for the boots but had them shipped to my house, and the send to name for the order was the company name. Cue 5+ years of junk mail coming in addressed to the company name at my address. It certainly made it easy to sort them into the trash can on my way back from the mailbox, but it certainly was eye-opening about how much junk mail addresses get sold.

how many spare bcg is enough? not a trick question. I try to buy uppers with bcg guessing I have unattached 5-7 uppers with bcg(yes i’ve lost count at this point) and have probably 3-4 spare bcg, plus spare internals. How many bcg’s has any one of us gone through?

how many spare bcg is enough? not a trick question. I try to buy uppers with bcg guessing I have unattached 5-7 uppers with bcg(yes i’ve lost count at this point) and have probably 3-4 spare bcg, plus spare internals. How many bcg’s has any one of us gone through?
Yeah I don’t hear of BCGs failing all that often. I’ve heard of extractors breaking and maybe an occasional bolt breaking? But I think it would take many shooters a lifetime of shooting to wear one out. And I’ve never heard of a carrier failing. I’ve got 2 5.56 uppers and only 3 BCGs. I’m not buying anymore lol.

I have one spare BCG in bubble wrap, and keep it in my kit, in an admin pouch. To me, it’s the fastest fix for a firing pin, extractor, ejector or gas key problem. All my BCGs are from bravo company, so the likelihood that they fail is low, but Murphy’s law is a bitch.

I have one spare BCG in bubble wrap, and keep it in my kit, in an admin pouch. To me, it’s the fastest fix for a firing pin, extractor, ejector or gas key problem. All my BCGs are from bravo company, so the likelihood that they fail is low, but Murphy’s law is a bitch.
Having a spare will prevent your primary from failing, just as buying a generator increased the reliability of the power to my house.

Do you do anything to your spare BCG such as test it before putting it in your pouch?

Do you do anything to your spare BCG such as test it before putting it in your pouch?
I ran about 50 rounds with my backup BCG before sticking it in my "range repair" pouch. I've also got a spare bolt/FP in the MIAD grip of my primary AR. It's sprayed with corrosion-block, but it's a nice "might need it" backup in the field. A quick wipe-off, drop it in, should be good to go.

Bereli is having a 20% off sale on certain Sig optics, use code SIG20. Just picked this up for $400 (that’s $50 less than I could find it anywhere else), free shipping and no tax outside of Florida.

Got it to go with the Sig Kilo2200BDX range finder I just picked from them (it’s still available on sale for $299). I have no idea what I’ll put this on, but it seems like fun combo to try. Might try it on my LR 308 build.

Bereli is having a 20% off sale on certain Sig optics, use code SIG20. Just picked this up for $400 (that’s $50 less than I could find it anywhere else), free shipping and no tax outside of Florida.

Got it to go with the Sig Kilo2200BDX range finder I just picked from them (it’s still available on sale for $299). I have no idea what I’ll put this on, but it seems like fun combo to try. Might try it on my LR 308 build.
How's the rangefinder. I saw a bunch of mixed reviews, so I didn't order it yet. Tell me you tried it out.

Back
Top Bottom