• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

At that range,

I've found the Northtac Ronin P series to be a great value, budget red dot. Auto on technology, I think 50k hour battery life for short money. I ordered a P11, but received a P10. After a complaint to customer service (had to stay on them), they shipped me the P11 and said to keep the P10 at no added cost. You might still be able to get 15% off with code - 704tactical

I repeat - budget red dot.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Sounds like you just really want a scope.. Just read your last reply where you do want a scope lol

Honestly, it comes down to how much you want to spend.

I have a 1-8 NF that cost a lot, and you can get a 1-8 that cost 1/10th of what a NF costs. You can also get a 1-8 that costs more than my NF.

In other words, get a LPVO and decide on your budget. Not really versed on cheap Chinese optics, but you can spend up to $4k on a LPVO, and on a budget I'm sure there would be something in the $300 range.

So I suggest a LPVO in 1-8 or 1-6, get the best glass you can afford. Full size scopes look ridiculous on an AR and aren't really practical unless maybe you are a competition target shooter or something.. LPVO is the best of both worlds IMO.

It's all about looks man :)
I couldn't agree more... if your running a 3x9... I do think less of you as a man

The eye box of a $300 1-8x LPVO will be razor thin. The 1-6x Strike Eagle is in that price range and shitty enough for range use.

You really are so much better off saving up and buying in the $500-1,000 LPVO space, used if possible. The quality of a $600 used LPVO is far far more than you will get from a $2-300 Chicom POS, in terms of glass, eye box, durability, and turrets.

The eye box of a $300 1-8x LPVO will be razor thin. The 1-6x Strike Eagle is in that price range and shitty enough for range use.

You really are so much better off saving up and buying in the $500-1,000 LPVO space, used if possible. The quality of a $600 used LPVO is far far more than you will get from a $2-300 Chicom POS, in terms of glass, eye box, durability, and turrets.
i really like the 1-6x viper pst2 i got, but, at 200yds it is a bit small to see a bullseye of a target. comparing to a glass in a $200 4-12x40 diamondback the quality difference is quite severe if you set them both at 5x and then look through both side by side. and diamondback is supposed to be a bit better then an eagle.

not sure what you expect in clarity from a $200 optic tbh
it is just a comment, not an expectation. i have some nikon prime lenses in that range that are quite fine clarity wise... but, it is what it is, in the scope of what $300 can buy conversation.

Needs an additional lock in the middle. It is too easy to open the middle, bend it a little without breaking or deformity the plastic and take a rifle out ...

How do I know? ... good question. I lost the key to one of my locks, was too lazy to cut it, so that's how I get my rifle in and out of the case.

Not the same case, but similar.

Is that a typo in the description of the link "$120 for a set"? Looks like its $120 per plate unless I'm missing something

Yeah that is per plate. Use the St. Paddies code from the site for an additional 10% off.

I own a pair purchased under a similar deal, total with tax/shipping to MA was $241

Edit: unless that Partisan website has a 50% off coupon for become a "patron."

🐯

just picked one up, presuming parts are gonna get harder and harder to get

just picked one up, presuming parts are gonna get harder and harder to get

I hope it works out for you, I have their 10.5” and think it is fine quality.

🐯

The entire line of Crimson Trace rifle scopes are on clearance at MidwayUSA. I grabbed two CTL-5108 1-8x at $650 each. These scopes are being discontinued by CT as you cannot find the model lineup on CT's website, but the comparable scopes newer lineup seems a notch down on specs compared to the outgoing models. The quality is excellent. I tried to organize a group buy from the OEM manufacturer for CT but the deal was blocked at Japan's export licensing process.

Last edited:
9mm dies

Completed the set now

Completed the set now
I recommend grabbing a crimp die so you can seat and crimp in separate steps. Though I think you’re using a single stage? Might be easier to have a crimp die already set up instead of readjusting your seater die to crimp.

Back
Top Bottom