• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

https://www.classicfirearms.com/bearcreekarsenalupperar15assbly

Same item. It is a BearCreek. I have one. I know others that have them they work and are solid. Come headspaced with three fired cartridges.

Significantly less cost than Midway. Mueller Industries forged upper, good quality BCG, properly staked and assembled with extractor buffer assemly(which had been missing in previous iterations).

I paid a lot more than that for my Colt upper. That's a great deal.

I heard Walmart had American Eagle .223 or 5.56 on clearance, plus there was a rebate, so it came out like $4 for a box of 20.

Last edited:
Gosh! Anyone else remember oil at a dollar a quart? My Honda place does an entire oil change, including filter for $9.75.

Is that a current price or back in history price?

When oil changes were $19.00 at (competitive) dealers, it was close enough to break even for me to not want to get dirty and also have to deal with oil disposal.

After dec i will have to pay for oil changes again, and i'm scared to see what they want for 7.6 quarts of the GM certified oils. I'm expecting at least a $60 bill, likely more.

Last edited:
Is that a current price or back in history price?

When oil changes were $19.00 at (competitive) dealers, it was close enough to break even for me to not want to get dirty and also have to deal with oil disposal.

After dec i will have to pay for oil changes again, and i'm scared to see what they want for 7.6 quarts of the GM certified oils. I'm expecting at least a $60 bill, likely more.

The dollar a quart was back 10-12 years ago maybe. The $9.75 for the oil change is current. It is to get people in their garage. It is on Hondas/Acuras, and maybe some other Jap cars only, which kind of keeps it around 4 quarts. Makes it a no-brainer to just go there and do it. They also offer decent service on everything else.

With Black Friday 4 days away this better be a popular thread.

Anyways Best Buy is doing $200 off selected iMac and MacBooks. Pretty damn good deal.

Back
Top Bottom