• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dealer to make rifle MA-compliant?

I live in the Lowell area and work around Burlington. I was looking to possibly get a (black) rifle off an auction site that comes with a collapsible stock and flash hider. Does anybody know of a FFL in the area that would accept the rifle, pin the stock, and put on a muzzle break that I supply prior to transferring it to me? Thank you.

Zero Hour Arms in Easton could probably do it for you. I'd call them and ask.

-Mike

You could get it sent to State Line Gun Shop in Mason NH. I bought a couple of rifles from them and they converted them over to MA config.

Some gun shops in MA will not even accept delivery of rifles that are not in proper MA AWB configuration.

Mason is probably closer to you than Remsport - I have been to both and the drive out to Remsport was longer. Plus State Line has a decent selection of stuff to look thru - Remsport is more of a manufacturer.

I don't see why they would choose not to... It's perfectly legal and they're only hurting themselves by losing business.

If I remember correctly it depended on WHOM the rifle actually belonged to. If the dealer had ordered the rifle with the intent of selling it out of state - that is one thing. If however you are an end user and you get a rifle sent to them with the intent of doing the transfer - that is potentially a different story. Don't know - just relaying what I have been told in the past

I would call a dealer first before expecting they can do the work or accept the rifle.

Back
Top Bottom