DCJIS Recjection Notice (Info Needed)

Here is the scoop...

I bought a pistol from another NES member and he sent in a serialized FA10 form via mail. ( I know it was serialized because I provided it)

Anyway, got a rejection letter from DCJIS "warning" that the transaction has not been recorded and to submit via online. Looking for what is the best option to do.

1. go to the mircs website and use the registration option?
2. assume he got the same notice and did an e-fa10 transfer?

I'm not sure if I am responsible for doing anything or is it on him, being the seller?

This is my first time dealing with this so I am a little clueless about it and I don't feel like calling the FRB right now.

Thanks in advance, Im sure Ill get the right answer within 5 minutes

*UPDATE* I just realized when looking at it that the seller must have photocopied the real form and sent in the photo copy instead.

^ This
Don't worry about it.
Your requirement is to provide your name, address, LTC for the transfer.
As the buyer, you aren't required to submit anything.

Thanks for the info, that's what I figured. Anyway some how I managed to remember his NES ID after clearing my inbox months ago. Sent him a PM anyways though he probably got the same notice.

Thanks. I came across it about 10 seconds after posting my question. I was in a rush and didn't bother to search first like I usually do.

Thanks for the info, that's what I figured. Anyway some how I managed to remember his NES ID after clearing my inbox months ago. Sent him a PM anyways though he probably got the same notice.

I bet he didn't. They'd have to look up his address using his LTC # and that would take work.

I'd do as suggested as well, but I would also note that as a seller, the requirement is to furnish the info on a form as designed by (insert agency/office name here), if they change the form that changes the requirement, I would think.

I fail to see how the DCJIS can grant an exception to the time requirement (within 7 days from the date the transfer occurred) just by saying "We refuse to accept your form, please do XYZ within 7 days from the receipt of this letter".

I fail to see how the DCJIS can grant an exception to the time requirement (within 7 days from the date the transfer occurred) just by saying "We refuse to accept your form, please do XYZ within 7 days from the receipt of this letter".

They can do "whatever they want to whomever they want, at all times". [rofl]

Doesn't mean they'll actually get their way though, or the foot stomping will go anywhere, or that anything they suggest is legal, or that someone wasn't legal to begin with by filing. Hell, receipt of the rejection letter is proof that you complied with the spirit and intent of the law. I'm sure a judge is going to be really happy when your lawyer holds up a copy of the perfectly legible FA-10 form that was submitted. No wait a minute, what am I saying... none of this matters... because S128A/B issues rarely, if ever get that far.

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
They can do "whatever they want to whomever they want, at all times". [rofl]

Doesn't mean they'll actually get their way though, or the foot stomping will go anywhere, or that anything they suggest is legal, or that someone wasn't legal to begin with by filing. Hell, receipt of the rejection letter is proof that you complied with the spirit and intent of the law. I'm sure a judge is going to be really happy when your lawyer holds up a copy of the perfectly legible FA-10 form that was submitted. No wait a minute, what am I saying... none of this matters... because S128A/B issues rarely, if ever get that far.

-Mike

All probably true... but I wouldn't give them ammunition for what might be construed as a violation of the time requirement if one were to comply with their request and submit a new form (online or otherwise) that is backdated several months.

Back
Top Bottom