• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

DB 750-X reading “busy” no audio. Troubleshooting.

Mr. Brownstone

NES Member
Hi there. Not a ham, but I listen. Anyway. I have a Powerwerx DB 750-X. Yesterday it made a little squeal then all sound cut out. It was showing “busy” on both channels, and was indicating that there was transmission, but no sound.

I performed a factory reset, and now it just says “busy” on both channels. Still no audio.

Reloaded programmed channels, and still busy.

Faceplate detaches and works as it should on second unit I have at my house.

The faceplate from that one reads busy on the affected unit.

It’s a $350 unit. Is there anyone who fixes these, or would it be easier/cheaper to just buy a new one.

Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks!

Have you checked the squelch? Jack.
Yessir. And the faceplate/read out portion works correctly when
i connect it to another known working unit.

These things are in 2 parts. Conected by 6pin jack. The memory bank/settings read out conects (faceplate) to a base that has the speaker/power/antenna conections.

The issue is in the base. There are no adjustments there. I need to get a small torx bit to open it. Im guessing something got fried. But unless its obvious, I won’t know what Im looking at.

If you strike out with the main unit, instead of getting another, consider looking around for a used Icom / Yaesu / Kenwood / Alinco (in that order, in my opinion) dual band mobile. They can be had at decent prices although not all are PC programmable. I’ve spent way too much money on the mid - tier Chinese radios and have pretty much given up on ‘em. If you need a loaner, let me know.

If you strike out with the main unit, instead of getting another, consider looking around for a used Icom / Yaesu / Kenwood / Alinco (in that order, in my opinion) dual band mobile. They can be had at decent prices although not all are PC programmable. I’ve spent way too much money on the mid - tier Chinese radios and have pretty much given up on ‘em. If you need a loaner, let me know.
Thank you! I’m gona ask my girlfriend’s father to take a look at it. If he cant fix, I may grab an Icom. I think I was looking at one when I bought this one.

Back
Top Bottom