Day off and Four Seasons is closed.

So I have the day off and was thinking about picking up a new Ruger SR9c or an S&W M&P9 but it turns out the local gun store is closed on Monday's. Anyone have any suggestions for a store that would have one in stock and is open? I am pretty near Four Seasons and don't want to travel half way across the state.

So I have the day off and was thinking about picking up a new Ruger SR9c or an S&W M&P9 but it turns out the local gun store is closed on Monday's. Anyone have any suggestions for a store that would have one in stock and is open? I am pretty near Four Seasons and don't want to travel half way across the state.

There are only a handful of gun shops in MA that are NOT closed on Mondays. I think First Defense Firearms (Uxbridge) is probably open, maybe a few others. American Firearms School (Attleboro) is probably open. (because they run a pay range).

Bobs tactical (or whatever its called now) in Salisbury is probably open too (pay range) don't know if they stock Rugers or not. I would want to call before going up there.

-Mike

Also CLOSED on monday, Collectors in Stoneham, so don't bother going there today

Check Northshore Firearms and see if they are
Open.

According to their websites, NSF, FS, and Collectors are all closed on mondays. Monday is basically the sunday of the gun shop world in the northeast, for a lot of shops.

I can probably only think of like 5 shops that would be open today, and two of them aren't even in MA.

-Mike

but if you are in Woburn and want to bring me coffee I'll give you a tour of the radio station.

You can sit in my office and listen to the gunshots from MA Rifle, which is just on the other side of the berm in back of my building.

Nice echo's off the office buildings....

RR in Belchertown is usually open on Mondays so is MatchShot in Gardiner unless today is a make up for New Years Day.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the idea's. Looks like I will have to wait for the weekend. Gun & Sport North is open but they don't have the MA compliant guns in stock...

GFA Arms Tec in Natick 508-314-3094. He keeps odd hours but give him a call. He owns the VW shop next to the gun shop.

I still don't understand why many gun stores are closed on Sundays (is it against some MA law to sell guns or ammo on Sunday?). Every time I go into Four Seasons on a Saturday, I end up feeling like a sardine. I would imagine that the vast majority of their customers have the weekends off, and so it would make sense to be open both days.

Doh! Good to know! Saves me a trip :)
call and ask. their prices are not that bad. i guess it depends on the gun. They will order almost anything too. thats what i like about them.

call and ask. their prices are not that bad. i guess it depends on the gun. They will order almost anything too. thats what i like about them.

If you consider $600 for an M&P a "good price", I guess they aren't too bad. [thinking]

Pretty sure that their S&W 642s are $100+ more than FS.

IIRC, their S&W 1911s started out in the close to $900 mark.

I might be able to be a bit more definitive later, as I need to check them out for some ammo prices for a non-LTC student.

Prices do depend... I got a Puma M92 for $650 less 10% via their CC (I see prices of $800+ online depending, but maybe someone else here in MA carries it that someone knows of for comparison?). Some of their items I will definitely agree are much more expensive, but deals can be found. The worst part is actually how long it may take you to complete a transaction, depending on who you get. My salesperson was a nice enough guy, but it did take a long to time complete the sale.

but if you are in Woburn and want to bring me coffee I'll give you a tour of the radio station.

You can sit in my office and listen to the gunshots from MA Rifle, which is just on the other side of the berm in back of my building.

Nice echo's off the office buildings....

off topic, but years ago I used to work in the 500 building. Thankfully I had an understanding boss, for when, you know, I didn't want to drive back home. [wink]

I still don't understand why many gun stores are closed on Sundays (is it against some MA law to sell guns or ammo on Sunday?). Every time I go into Four Seasons on a Saturday, I end up feeling like a sardine. I would imagine that the vast majority of their customers have the weekends off, and so it would make sense to be open both days.

It's because of 40 hour work weeks. To cover Sundays and Mondays it means you need to hire more staff or pay the existing staff overtime. It makes more sense for most of them to close Sunday and Monday instead. The staff needs time off, too. It's hard to justify keeping a gun shop open 7 days unless you can justify it somehow. If you don't have extra management then that means some manager or the owner has to work that extra 16 hours, too. Iif you have to pay people overtime that destroys your bottom line. (A gun shop isn't exactly a high margin business, either. ) It's not like a car dealer where there is a ton of fluff in every sale.

Then again, a lot of places could justify it... like FS could probably still get sales on Sundays, but I'd bet Carl doesn't want to go through the BS of hiring even more people to cover that extra time.

-Mike

Last edited:

some people have lives...

[laugh] i remember when i worked the 4 x 10, i had mondays off. [rofl] yup, the only shop open on Mondays back then was A&G up in Lowell.

sucked for me because I shot at Mass Rifle back then, and Four Seasons is like a 5 min drive for me. [laugh]

I'm with you. My only day off is Sunday. Gun shops are still a retail business. Lot's of people would like to shop Sunday. I'm glad MM in Plymouth is open Sunday. I've bought 2 guns from them this year (oop's, I mean last year) on a Sunday. But it's their store and they can do what they want. I'd take Monday and Tuesday off if it was my store. I bet Sunday would be big sales days.

Last edited:
roaches in cambridge is open monday i have screwed myself trying to go down there on a sunday many times though

northshore is open sundays, they had i think 3 sr9c's in when i went yesterday, 1 in all black and wanted about 440, FS has them priced for 400 on their site

It's because of 40 hour work weeks
It's probably because the owner wants to have a weekend day off, combined with the special treatment given the state recognized sabbath.

To cover Sundays and Mondays it means you need to hire more staff or pay the existing staff overtime.

MA requires employers wih 7 or more employees to pay any hourly staff time and a half for Sunday work, even if it does not put the employee into "overtime" in excess of 40 hours per week. So much for separation of church and state.

Back
Top Bottom