• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

DaVinci Arms suppressors

VetteGirlMA

NES Member
There was a tiny story that squeaked by masslive.com yesterday about a company in Ludlow named DaVinci arms that is making sound suppressors. There is a video of it here:

Since we are talking about a MA company making a product in the state of MA that is illegal for us commoners to possess, has anyone thought of approaching DaVinci in helping to get suppressors made legal in this state? Maybe if they knew there was a well of untapped customers it might help make a case for them?

Last edited by a moderator:
If the bill passes this will probably be the biggest group buy in NES history

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the kind words!

This is the integrally suppressed upper that we developed under a small business innovation research grant (SBIR) for the marines running m855 on one of our endurance testing days. This design configured in a muzzle attached version was as quiet as AAC's M4-2000 however ours had a bore like their 30 cal version did. The technology created in that has allowed us to produce some insanely quiet suppressors for more commercial applications. The bambino was metered a day after that video was shot and metered at 114.2dB compared to the silencerco Spectre at 115.2dB. This was achieved in a shorter package than the spectre as well and a better price point. We are just small guys now but were coming out with some kick ass stuff every day. For instance I am prototyping a bipod design that locks better than an atlas and can bridge the price point between the best harris and the Atlas.

There was a tiny story that squeaked by masslive.com yesterday about a company in Ludlow named DaVinci arms that is making sound suppressors. There is a video of it here:

Since we are talking about a MA company making a product in the state of MA that is illegal for us commoners to possess, has anyone thought of approaching DaVinci in helping to get suppressors made legal in this state? Maybe if they knew there was a well of untapped customers it might help make a case for them?

I have also offered the folks at GOAL to bring my suppressors and ammo to host ANY event with the politicians and make the push for legalization. I've been pushing that side of things for about 3 years when they told me it wasn't worth pursuing because it would only bring more money against guns to the state. I think it took the push from the American Suppressor Association to make it happen. As a entrepreneurial startup here in the Springfield area we get to interact with a diverse group of people and many of the politicians love to hang their hat on the resurgence of the valley and the job creation so I get to bend their ears for all of this stuff more than most do. I wish I could have got a press release from goal that I could have tagged onto this article to show the direct impact on jobs of the bill as well but no one got back to me.

I have also offered the folks at GOAL to bring my suppressors and ammo to host ANY event with the politicians and make the push for legalization. I've been pushing that side of things for about 3 years when they told me it wasn't worth pursuing because it would only bring more money against guns to the state. I think it took the push from the American Suppressor Association to make it happen. As a entrepreneurial startup here in the Springfield area we get to interact with a diverse group of people and many of the politicians love to hang their hat on the resurgence of the valley and the job creation so I get to bend their ears for all of this stuff more than most do. I wish I could have got a press release from goal that I could have tagged onto this article to show the direct impact on jobs of the bill as well but no one got back to me.

What can the individual gun owner in MA do ahead of the May 2nd meeting? It is just the joint committee hearing it? Do we email/call those on the committee?

The bambino was metered a day after that video was shot and metered at 114.2dB compared to the silencerco Spectre at 115.2dB. This was achieved in a shorter package than the spectre as well and a better price point. We are just small guys now but were coming out with some kick ass stuff every day. For instance I am prototyping a bipod design that locks better than an atlas and can bridge the price point between the best harris and the Atlas.

A few questions. Who metered them, what meter, what standard was used,what ammo was the same host used? I see you supply only one number and not the numbers for each shot in the string. While I love to see new people in the market the stepped cone is not really innovative as they have been around a long time you're testing and numbers need to be fully explained.

A few questions. Who metered them, what meter, what standard was used,what ammo was the same host used? I see you supply only one number and not the numbers for each shot in the string. While I love to see new people in the market the stepped cone is not really innovative as they have been around a long time you're testing and numbers need to be fully explained.

CCI Standard velocity
Savage TRR-SR 22lr
Brüel & Kjær Pulse system sampling @ 102.4kHz calibrated on site by the B&K reps that were out that day
Sampling was 1m to the right of the muzzle @ 90° per MIL STD 1474D
Temp was ~66°F

Test was a 10 shot string same host with time to cool to ambient between tests.

Ill post the results when I'm back in the office of each string of fire.

The stepped baffle in itself isn't particularly novel and baffles for years have simply operated by choking off flow between each chamber with minimal focus on extracting energy from the flow itself. We have a different application of cross jetting in which the gasses hit the stepped face of the baffle and are redirected 90° to cross the axial gas flow in the suppressor. You can see the vent holes in the last stills of the video. Blast chamber is still a typical stepped and unvented baffle to capture the primary blast but all of the subsequent baffles are vented. I hope that helps with the detail I didn't have in the video.

Last edited:
I've been pushing that side of things for about 3 years when they told me it wasn't worth pursuing because it would only bring more money against guns to the state.
Well, GOAL told me that they would not even request action on the non-citizen LTC ban because there was no sentiment for it. I fear they made the correct call, and litigation was the only option.

As to silencers - the way the current proposed law is worded contains only "thou shalt nots", with the good stuff being buried in the fact that this would replace an existing, much worse, law. If you bring cans to the GOAL legislative day, it would serve to remind everyone that the law serves to enable people to buy silencers, and also galvanize opposition. It might be best to just let the bill fly under the radar as much as possible.

Back
Top Bottom