• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

David Morrell an anti?

Brin747

NES Member
Wow, I have always been a big fan of David Morrell's books. He is the author of First Blood, but also a whole lot of outstanding other books. This post was on his Facebook page today. Very disappointing...

"As the creator of Rambo in my novel FIRST BLOOD, as a gun owner and someone who has extensive training with firearms, I endorse stricter regulation. A thirty-day waiting period with a much more thorough background check is a good start. If someone is convicted twice of DWI, it's a sign of addiction and lack of control--no guns. If someone is convicted of domestic abuse--no guns. We don't need more guns in the US and certainly not in schools. What we need is more responsible owners. The weird NRA speech today made me wonder how a minority of extremists can dictate to the majority of citizens."

1. What does a 30 day wait accomplish?
2. How much more thorough does he think a background check could be? It gets checked through the FBI database - is there some kind of background more extensive than that?
3. The NRA doesn't represent a "minority of extremists." I've seen plenty of people who aren't even gun owners agreeing with adding security to schools.

1. What does a 30 day wait accomplish?
2. How much more thorough does he think a background check could be? It gets checked through the FBI database - is there some kind of background more extensive than that?
3. The NRA doesn't represent a "minority of extremists." I've seen plenty of people who aren't even gun owners agreeing with adding security to schools.

1. it means you die next month
2. doesn't matter when the gun you get shot with was stolen by the person who cleared the background check
3. the NRA to a moonbat is a KKK member without a sheet on their head

Back
Top Bottom