• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

David Lee Roth on WBCN

OK- Howard Stern isn't on WBCN anymore. So on my morning ride today I was listening to David Lee Roth, who is his replacement.

It turns out that he's a big gun guy. His topic for the day was gun control. He actually made some valid points and surprisingly his callers agreed that gun control just controls the law abiding citizens and doesn't prevent criminals from getting guns.

I was surprised that WBCN didn't yank his show or edit it up the wazoo.
I think that maybe he's not as completely retarded as I had always suspected.

However his one falling point was when he said that in order to have a license to carry you should be practicing at least 16 hours a week. Though I wish I had 16 hours a week to devote to shooting, I don't find that if I skip shooting for a few weeks I all of a sudden can't hit the paper at 35 feet.

I just thought it was interesting, and I was pleasantly surprised that the people who had valid points about gun control not being all that effective didn't get shut down. I wish I could have heard the whole show, not just the hour that I did.
Did anybody else hear it?

I didn't hear it this morning, but I've heard David Lee before. I knew he was a gun guy and pro 2nd A. Good to hear that the callers had some common sense.

DAMN!!!
I listened for about a minute or 2 yesterday and thought 'WOW What a TOOL'

Guess I will have to give him a second listen.

Adam

I listened to him for a few minutes on the gun control issue. He flip flopped 4 or 5 times in that short amount of time. He sounded as if he didn't know too much about guns or crime.

He also stated he's never had a job until 2 days ago. IMO I think he is a tool.

SiameseRat said:
However his one falling point was when he said that in order to have a license to carry you should be practicing at least 16 hours a week.

Damn! That pretty eliminates the FBI, Secret Service and every state and local PD in the country that I'm aware of. I'd love to have a job that left me enough time to practice that much (and paid well enough that I could afford the ammunition. [wink] )

Didn't hear it, but knew he was into guns.

Ken

SiameseRat said:
However his one falling point was when he said that in order to have a license to carry you should be practicing at least 16 hours a week.

If I were to practice 16 hours a week, I'd be a great shot and happy camper.

Moderator said:
SiameseRat said:

If I were to practice 16 hours a week, I'd be a great shot and happy camper.

Oh hell yeah. I just need a job to pay for the ammo. [lol]

Just think what you could do if you shot 60 hours a week for 4 months straight each summer... [wink]

I definitely agree that he's a tool, but at least he's a tool that is more or less on our side.

My major point was that his show actually got aired here and it was not at all anti-gun. Yay for him, tool or not [wink]

And wouldn't life be great if we could all quit our jobs and just go shooting. If I win the lottery I'm going to open a NEShooters free range...

Moderator said:
I like Diamond Dave's music, but I am a faithful Man Town disciple.
+1 to that

I tried to listening to Dave the past couple of days and I couldn't take 5 min. of it before I needed to change it. Maybe he will get better, at least he is a pro gunner in the media.
As for the 16 hrs. a week of practice. I would need a second job to pay for all that ammo. Then there wouldn't be any time for sleeping

I have Sirius Radio because that is where Howard is going but I had to give David Lee Roth a few minutes of my time. I tuned in and he was talking about guns and he was pro-gun. That's a good thing and he had some decent points but he is such a tool. Then he started singing some stupid song and I had all I could take. This guy is a total tool box... Can't wait for Howard on Sirius. (Although, Howard is ignorant to a lot of things- gun control being one of them)

I tried to listen to David on BCN but couldn't take it. I will listen to Hill on AAF, unless BCN decides to go with Hardy and Hamilton in the morning.

As for Stern, he will say/do anything for the ratings. He knows the game and that is the higher the ratings, the more money that comes in via advertising which leads to bit more freedom to do what he wants.

PistolPete said:
I have Sirius Radio because that is where Howard is going but I had to give David Lee Roth a few minutes of my time. I tuned in and he was talking about guns and he was pro-gun. That's a good thing and he had some decent points but he is such a tool. Then he started singing some stupid song and I had all I could take. This guy is a total tool box... Can't wait for Howard on Sirius. (Although, Howard is ignorant to a lot of things- gun control being one of them)

I got Sirius too, just don't have the car hook up yet. However- interesting fact. Howard is one of the blessed few in NYC with a License to Carry...
I don't listen to him for his politics. I grew up listening to him. Being from Long Island- it's almost mandatory.

I've always preferred music over talk, so don't listen to any talk for the most part.

The only thng I know about Howard Stern is that every time I flip by his show on TV, there is some part of a female's anatomy being blurred.

Given that, I was surprised to hear that you listen to him SR. I figured he pretty much pissed off women in generall.

*learning something new every day*

Back around 1973-74 I took a pistol course at MIT with the pistol team coach, the late Tom McClellan. He was a great pistol shot and was on the all Air Force taem at one time. Anyways...You'd never guess who was also in the class....Beleive it or not... No Lie.........Charles Laquaderra (sp?)

Chris said:
Given that, I was surprised to hear that you listen to him SR. I figured he pretty much pissed off women in generall.

*learning something new every day*

I can see why he might piss of a lot of women. But the different thing about me is that I am not a feminist and I have a sense of humor that includes thinking that farts and poop are hysterical.
I do believe that women should be allowed to vote and get equal pay for doing the same job, but other than that I find most feminists are whiny politicians who hate freedom.

A lot of people here say that Stern pisses women off. I don't understand why because ALL the women that go on his show VOLUNTEER to be there and VOLUNTEER to take their clothes off... He doesn't put a gun to their heads or anything like that. Plus, you have to take what he says with a grain of salt. He's a comedian and he makes people laugh. End of story.

david_lee_roth.jpg

Man, he looks bad! He's been bald for years, he wore rugs to try to hid it, maybe he should go back to the carpet store! [shock] He's a vain guy.

If his face got any tighter he could use his eyebrows for hair!

Listening to Stern is like masterbating with sandpaper.
Anyone listen to Mancow? He's pro 2nd, conservitive, and HATES Stern.

Back
Top Bottom