David Hogg is making a local stop in January.

The leftists protest and basically shut down a venue where a conservative speaker is appearing.Look up Ben Shapiro ,Ann Coulter etc..

Yet when someone suggests we do the same,it like "great dinner and no complaints,will go again "
Same with Amazon and " but muh convenience".

This is why the left has won,they are willing to be inconvenienced and they mobilize quickly and stick together. The rights idea of standing up for what they believe in is a well placed Gadsen bumper sticker and pinning all hopes on the .gov to legislate victories.

I found this opinion piece to be fabulous. It is behind a paywall, but it isn't surprising that it is in the Saturday paper. You'll never see something like this in the NY Times, WaPo, or Globe on ANY day. If you didn't have to pay to listen to this idiot (Hogg) I would ask him what he thought of the piece.

WSJ article with father of a Parkland victim.
I read it, infuriating. The Sheriff is a joke, a Dem politician in a liberal county.

The leftists protest and basically shut down a venue where a conservative speaker is appearing.Look up Ben Shapiro ,Ann Coulter etc..

Yet when someone suggests we do the same,it like "great dinner and no complaints,will go again "

This is why the left has won,they are willing to be inconvenienced and they mobilize quickly and stick together. The rights idea of standing up for what they believe in is a well placed Gadsen bumper sticker and pinning all hopes on the .gov to legislate victories.

I'll give you the flip side - drawing MORE attention to the guy isn't going to help us at all. Best he get together with 50 of his most rabid fans and move on.

Trump won the GOP nomination by being outrageous and having the media absolutely explode over it. Waters, Booker, Warren and the like do the same thing all the time. The best thing you can do to stop them is to ignore them.

Think of all of these big protests and such. What did they bring?

OccupyWallStreet. "Get a job, morons!" Suddenly, 8 years later, they are all employed. . . . . by the growing economy not their stupid ass-smelling protest.

ASSTAGblm. "Get out of my lane, you idiots!" Where did that get them?? It brought some great attention to the "honestly - if your neighborhood was better behaved this wouldn't happen in the first place" movement. BLM is gone. Feelings of "are you s-word-ing me?" aren't.

P-hat Nation. "Ummmm, that hat doesn't look like a vagingjong." That went far. ARen't they marching again this weekend??? Co-opting MLK Weekend?? Nice. Nice job. 2 years later, no one cares. What they've done is shone a light on the fact that a percentage of kvetching "I was mauled" women are MAKING S-WORD UP!

ANTIFA. "Honestly - did you mommy give you bus fare to get here?" It's like OWS, but it's 8 years later and if you don't have a job in this economy, it's actually YOU. No one likes them. The only advantage they have is masks so when mom kicks them out of the basement, they can get an apartment and job b/c their faces haven't been plastered all over town.

I could go on. The bottom line is when people protest BS stuff for BS reasons, it makes them look dumberer. Remember, the nadir of the gun rights movement was. . . . The Million Mom March. Look how that turned out for them.

I'm in the Ignore Hogggggg camp. The less media time he has, the better off we all are. He's going to grow up to be one of those middle-aged women in Starbucks complaining that they don't have the right brand of soy milk.

The market is saturated, the looney left can only focus on so much,

And the flavor of the day is now Ocasio-Cortez.

Hogg’s 15 minutes are up

... I'm in the Ignore Hogggggg camp. The less media time he has, the better off we all are. He's going to grow up to be one of those middle-aged women in Starbucks complaining that they don't have the right brand of soy milk.
726189d64bdc15e784210425d82cf900.jpg

"I'm in the Ignore Hogggggg camp. The less media time he has, the better off we all are. He's going to grow up to be one of those middle-aged women in Starbucks complaining that they don't have the right brand of soy milk."

My feelings exactly, he's a kid who has no power. If he grows up and gets elected and goes to DC that's another story.

wasn't it proven that Hogg wasn't even in the building during the shooting? "Insensitive to what he went through"? what a f***ing joke,
this guy is the epitome of an opportunist.
conservatives better grow a pair, we are dealing with an opponent that has no moral compass and will stoop to any levels to get what they want.
Time to take the gloves off

wasn't it proven that Hogg wasn't even in the building during the shooting? "Insensitive to what he went through"? what a f***ing joke,
this guy is the epitome of an opportunist.
conservatives better grow a pair, we are dealing with an opponent that has no moral compass and will stoop to any levels to get what they want.
Time to take the gloves off
Leftists have no morals or values, they drink the left wing kool-aid. They are on a crusade to destroy free speech, the 2nd Amendment and capitalism.

It's a little more than that, it's also a willingness for them to be 110% douchebags. If it was only inconvenient it'd be easier to mobilize
people. It's difficult to convince most non-moonbats to stoop the same level of the moonbats.

On the other hand, one could argue this entire thing is much ado about nothing, and Hogg-boy is basically going to talk to his echo chamber with like a couple dozen brady-donating acolytes, probably mostly consisting of ugly ass 50+ year old moonbat broads. This kid couldn't even get a school auditorium in moonbat massachusetts, so he had to settle for a restaurant.... that by itself is pretty telling. If he was "going places" he'd be filling auditoriums. He's not, he's just
another retard anti, exploiting a violent crime for his own personal gain.

IMHO showing up and making a scene would actually backfire- why give him more publicity he doesn't deserve? That piece of shit is already fading into obscurity, the more he is ignored the sooner he'll go away. Most of these things are astroturf events where they just about have to pay people to show up. I would bet that an easy 20-50% of the seats in there are probably comped by his handlers. (eg, like the same people that get literally paid to ride on the everytown bus) The last thing they want is nobody to show up.

-Mike

I havent seen this weirdo on any major platform in months. His spotlight is gone now.
The truth is finally out, the FL. gov canned the county sheriff,
It’s hard to point to errmaagrdd guns as the reason the school shooting happened.
This little turd is circling the bowl.

It's a little more than that, it's also a willingness for them to be 110% douchebags. If it was only inconvenient it'd be easier to mobilize
people. It's difficult to convince most non-moonbats to stoop the same level of the moonbats.

On the other hand, one could argue this entire thing is much ado about nothing, and Hogg-boy is basically going to talk to his echo chamber with like a couple dozen brady-donating acolytes, probably mostly consisting of ugly ass 50+ year old moonbat broads. This kid couldn't even get a school auditorium in moonbat massachusetts, so he had to settle for a restaurant.... that by itself is pretty telling. If he was "going places" he'd be filling auditoriums. He's not, he's just
another retard anti, exploiting a violent crime for his own personal gain.

IMHO showing up and making a scene would actually backfire- why give him more publicity he doesn't deserve? That piece of shit is already fading into obscurity, the more he is ignored the sooner he'll go away. Most of these things are astroturf events where they just about have to pay people to show up. I would bet that an easy 20-50% of the seats in there are probably comped by his handlers. (eg, like the same people that get literally paid to ride on the everytown bus) The last thing they want is nobody to show up.

-Mike

I think people need to see there are others willing to disrupt things to get what they want...In recent history,what group of people got what they wanted by saying nothing and relying on voting and politicians ?

The kid sitting in the corner reading a book and raising his hand gets no attention,but the tard running around the classroom screaming and throwing things has the full attention of everybody around.

That toolbag of a kid needs to be outed for exactly what he is,damn the consequences..Louis CK did it lol

Apparently she and the photo are quite real. You can click on the photo for her CV.

Lest we forget, she's responsible for:
Obama’s legacy on guns should be to ban them
Director of Womans Studies and a man hater. Nuff Said.

"Firearm possession should be banned in America; President Obama can orchestrate this directive. His presidency can be remembered as a remarkable turn in United States history where a progressive leader forever changed the landscape under which we live and work. This is his legacy. To establish gun control laws in America that will reduce high levels of male violence and usher in a culture of peace and civility."

Hi, I'm the son of Deutsche Dog. I am a student at Middlesex Community College, and I take a public speaking class. My public speaking teacher made us attend one of David's speeches for our class, and I'm guessing she'll use the reason that she wants us to observe the act of publicly speaking. However, David delivered an abhorrently political speech, which is supposedly against the rules in schools. But I had to listen to this idiot for a whole hour talking about gun violence. He kept mentioning evil and the source of evil, but never specified what the source was, which would lead the audience to infer that the guns are the source. I am going to write to the Dean of my college, stating my disgust with what the teachers push on their students and how schools should be a place everybody can feel comfortable without any political intervention.

I'd recommend writing an op-ed for the school paper including that, as well as how ineffective of inaccurate the speech was. The school administration won't give a shit about your letter. At least a few people may be forced to think about it if you write it as an op-ed, though in reality it probably won't matter at all.

Hi, I'm the son of Deutsche Dog. I am a student at Middlesex Community College, and I take a public speaking class. My public speaking teacher made us attend one of David's speeches for our class, and I'm guessing she'll use the reason that she wants us to observe the act of publicly speaking. However, David delivered an abhorrently political speech, which is supposedly against the rules in schools. But I had to listen to this idiot for a whole hour talking about gun violence. He kept mentioning evil and the source of evil, but never specified what the source was, which would lead the audience to infer that the guns are the source. I am going to write to the Dean of my college, stating my disgust with what the teachers push on their students and how schools should be a place everybody can feel comfortable without any political intervention.

I'd recommend writing an op-ed for the school paper including that, as well as how ineffective of inaccurate the speech was. The school administration won't give a shit about your letter. At least a few people may be forced to think about it if you write it as an op-ed, though in reality it probably won't matter at all.

Don't write to the dean, meet the dean. It also doesn't have to be the dean, but can instead be a lesser dean like "dean of students" or something. If you're "disgusted", lodge a formal complaint with administration and get facetime.

and make it known to your peers how awful the class is.. especially if it's an elective. when word gets out and nobody signs up for the class, it'll make an impact on her tenure there.

funny how word gets around on which are the good/bad electives to take..

Could you gather the reactions from the crowd? Was the speech "effective" for them?

This might be a good opportunity to present a well-thought-out counter argument right when people are thinking about the problem. Nobody wants to hear us talking about the AG's 2016 overreach because they don't care. But when they've been (forced?) to listen to some anti-speech, especially if it was inaccurate, poorly done, and ineffectual, even the "nons" might have a flicker of critical thinking. This is an opportunity to get in there when someone else has already opened the door and explain how not only was the speech ineffective and poorly delivered, the main content and premise is all based on intellectual dishonesty.

Edit: May be also an chance to point out the narrative painted by the media, cherrypicking small clips of this kid speaking, doesn't bare out in reality when you have to listen to him ramble on for an hour.

and make it known to your peers how awful the class is.. especially if it's an elective. when word gets out and nobody signs up for the class, it'll make an impact on her tenure there.

funny how word gets around on which are the good/bad electives to take..

RateMyProfessor is a good way to do this. Usually public speaking classes are taught by adjuncts, not tenured profs. Though YMMV.

Edit:

Just try to be very professional and respectful. The last thing you want to do is step on toes. Tact and respect (towards the college/administration/profs) makes you look intelligent and builds your credibility. Rudeness and bitterness makes you look vindictive.

... public speaking classes ...
Edit:
Just try to be very professional and respectful. The last thing you want to do is step on toes. Tact and respect (towards the college/administration/profs) makes you look intelligent and builds your credibility. Rudeness and bitterness makes you look vindictive.

Good points for a public speaking class in bold. ;-)

Didn't want to start a new thread about this jackass, so bumping this one. A number of students and their parents are pretty pissed about douchebag's political ranting at Holliston:

Students, parents say Parkland survivor speech too political for school

HOLLISTON, Mass. - Students and parents in Holliston say a speech given Friday by school shooting survivor and activist David Hogg was too political for a school setting.

Hogg, who survived the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Fla., last year, spoke to students at Holliston High School Friday morning. The speech entitled, "Engage in the Change: Our Generation Must Own Democracy," was expected to be an apolitical discussion, focusing on youth engagement.

"Thank you all for being here to listen to this important message that in reality is not a partisan issue," Hogg said before the students in a video filmed by Holliston Cable Access Television. "Because what we advocate for – what our generation advocates for – is simply to stop dying. And if we think that’s a partisan issue, we've got a bigger issue in America."

But 16-year-old sophomore Daniel Biundo, who was sitting with his classmates in the auditorium, told Boston 25 News Monday the second half of the speech took a turn.

"It was billed as kind of a speech on civic engagement and trying to get the youth active," Biundo said. "This wasn’t a discussion. This was a one-sided political speech, and that’s where the problem for me lies."

Biundo, who said he admires Hogg and agrees with what he advocates for, said the speech became inappropriate for school. He said Hogg strayed from youth engagement, bashed the National Rifle Association, pushed a political agenda not only involving gun control, but also immigration and made references to a connection between the opioid crisis and white privilege.

>>>MORE: Parkland survivor to join 50-mile march against gun violence in Massachusetts

"My disagreement stems from the fact that American families don’t send their children to school so that they can listen to the political opinions of any one speaker," Biundo said. "They send them to school so they can be educated and so that they can have a political discussion about a conflict of ideas."

Biundo presented a petition signed by dozens of people to school administrators requesting a conservative speaker come to the school to allow students to hear both sides of the gun debate.

"The best thing the school could’ve done, in my opinion, was, if they wanted to host it during school hours, why not have a debate?" Biundo said. "Why not have David Hogg and an NRA speaker up there?"

Superintendent Brad Jackson told Boston 25 News he did not attend Hogg’s event but was told by administrators and community members about it. He said he also read many students’ and parents’ concerns on Facebook.

"Apparently, toward the end of [Hogg’s] presentation, he kind of veered off into his other focus, which had more of a political tone to it, as has been told to me, despite assurances otherwise," Jackson said by phone Monday. “We were assured that this presentation was going to be apolitical."

Jackson said Hogg has a connection to a Holliston family and a group of students invited him to the school. The speech was free of charge, Jackson said.

Parents also expressed outrage on Facebook about what some said was a lack of sufficient notice about a controversial speech.

An email obtained by Boston 25 News shows the school principal informed parents of the speech at 7:03 p.m., on Thursday. The assembly was at 9:50 a.m., on Friday - nearly 15 hours later.

"If this is a controversial speaker and he's coming to Holliston and he's going to give a speech, there should be a considerable notice," Biundo said.

Jackson, however, said the school, "provided what we consider to be our typical notice, which was several days, as I understand it."

Related: Parkland school shooting survivor to attend Harvard in the fall

Asked about the students' petition, Jackson, referring to their activism, said, "The good news is that the students who did express their concerns actually practiced what the speaker preached."

Biundo said he is working to bring a big-name speaker to his school to share a more conservative view on ending gun violence.

Back
Top Bottom