Daunte Wright Shooting: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know - Edit: Shot by cop who thought she was using a TASER

This is going to get interesting as the Jury seems to be deadlocked. If it’s a hung jury I bet they will try again and most likely end up with the same result.

I believe the jury is sequestered during deliberations but the judge is going to release them from it if they do not reach a verdict them bring them back after Christmas on Monday. That’s insane. I’m sure everyone in peoples circle of family and friends knows they’re on this jury and will talk about the case at Christmas events.

If they don’t reach a verdict, I think the majority is for not guilty and there were only a few holdouts. Hennepin county (Minneapolis) is a hard left area.

They absolutely will retry, Keith Ellison the AG took over the case and this is a political case he will pursue for as long as he can.

I know thats the evidence rule in criminal cases, in a civil case wrights full character gets exposed.

Yes she made an error. An error like this is something you get fired for or sued for, not sent to prison. It’s not manslaughter. The joke of an “expert” witness the prosecution called said she didn’t even have the right to tase him, they should have let him go and try to arrest him at a later date. Jury didn’t hear it but Wright has a 1 page thick file of skipped court dates and fleeing from police. The prosecution use of force “expert” was a comically bad witness
I carried a gun and taser for 18 years. Not sure how she screwed them up, but one thing stands out. I’m a big dude and lifted weights for years. I once heard a woman on TV say that every guy she passed on the street can kill her with his bare hands.

Kind of makes you think. I’ve been in fist fights and never feared for my life. Maybe 🤔 I’m retarded, I don’t know

I carried a gun and taser for 18 years. Not sure how she screwed them up, but one thing stands out. I’m a big dude and lifted weights for years. I once heard a woman on TV say that every guy she passing on the street can kill her with his bare hands.

Kind of makes you think. I’ve been in fist fights and never feared for my life. Maybe 🤔 I’m retarded, I don’t know

The psychology expert the defense called testified to this. The brain errors at times. You may drive to work everyday for years, then one day you blank for a minute and mis a turn. Training reduces the likelihood of making a mistake but it doesn’t eliminate it. She’s also a cop who never fired the taser in her career and probably only pulled it a few times in slower developing events. She also never once fired her gun in 26 years.

Where the charges require her to consciously know what she is doing is dangerous and even the prosecution agrees she had no idea she had a gun in her hands, the judge should really dismiss the charges. The prosecution can’t prove the elements necessary for the charge

The prosecution can’t prove the elements necessary for the charge

This is another case that has nothing to do with right and wrong. It’s political and racially driven. Even if she walks they will sue her into oblivion. As a LE her only hope is to avoid prison time. That will not be good for her health.

This is another case that has nothing to do with right and wrong. It’s political and racially driven. Even if she walks they will sue her into oblivion. As a LE her only hope is to avoid prison time. That will not be good for her health.
I’m so sick of this shit and can’t believe people still sign up for the job. I was a roofer and in the guard until 9/11. Spent 2 years on active duty state side and the chief of police asked me if I wanted a job.

It was different back then. I still got accused of being a racist every time I pulled over a black person, but we both knew it was bullshit and it didn’t go anywhere. It’s still bullshit but now you can’t even make an arres without getting a civil suit and it being a national headline.

You guys still wearing a badge have my respect, but you’re crazy. I wish you the best.

I’m so sick of this shit and can’t believe people still sign up for the job. I was a roofer and in the guard until 9/11. Spent 2 years on active duty state side and the chief of police asked me if I wanted a job.

It was different back then. I still got accused of being a racist every time I pulled over a black person, but we both knew it was bullshit and it didn’t go anywhere. It’s still bullshit but now you can’t even make an arres without getting a civil suit and it being a national headline.

You guys still wearing a badge have my respect, but you’re crazy. I wish you the best.

Yep! You couldn’t pay me enough to be in LE. It’s a no win situation. All this does is make a cop second guess everything and could easily cause a delay that will result in the cop not making it home that day. Nope.

She’ll have qualified immunity so she won’t have personal liability. Wrights family already has that stuttering asshat race hustler Ben crump as a lawyer to sue the city of Brooklyn center. The problem with a civil case is wrights violent criminal past will be admissible. He was. A POS person so they won’t be able to portray him as an innocent kid as the prosecution here is doing.

Same situation exists in Wisconsin if those shot want to sue Rittenhouse. Think a jury wants to give money to a child rapists estate or the estate of Huber who also had a violent history.

Guilty on BOTH/ALL counts? Every damn cop in the country should turn in their badges before this happens to them.

She screwed the pooch in one of the most epic ways possible, but it wasn't intentional. She deserves 'something', but going to jail for the rest of her life? Over a split second decision the anti-cop chest pounders have never experienced? No f'ing way I'll ever put on a badge again, thank God I'm done with it.

I haven't read this entire thread, and didn't really follow the court proceedings. To what extent, if any, was *race* brought up by the prosecution?

Or was it (rightfully?) just about this incident, and whether or not you believe there's a difference between accidental or negligent?

Guilty on BOTH/ALL counts? Every damn cop in the country should turn in their badges before this happens to them.

She screwed the pooch in one of the most epic ways possible, but it wasn't intentional. She deserves 'something', but going to jail for the rest of her life? Over a split second decision the anti-cop chest pounders have never experienced? No f'ing way I'll ever put on a badge again, thank God I'm done with it.
I am so glad that I am off the job, Retired 12 years ago come the end of this January. I saw this coming then, with the shit heads that were in charge of MEP.

Absolutely. So how is this any different than a doctor making a mistake in surgery that kills a patient??!? If it was negligent then they would be possibly facing loss of license and lawsuit. They aren't sitting in court facing manslaughter charges. Very slippery slope.

I haven't read this entire thread, and didn't really follow the court proceedings. To what extent, if any, was *race* brought up by the prosecution?

Or was it (rightfully?) just about this incident, and whether or not you believe there's a difference between accidental or negligent?
There won't be a 'fair' trial until they stop the looting that happens whenever 'the they' don't like something because 'reasons'.

Every jury that gets seated has to know their decision could spark a riot. I just wish BLM would stick to the legitimate people who get mistreated instead of the pillars of society they keep 'protesting' over.

I've felt for some time that the Liberal-Democrat machine has wanted seasoned veteran Police Officers to quit/walk off the job so they can be "replaced"
en-masse by their own approved minions. (AKA: Obama's National Security Force...)

Kim Potter messed up... but not this bad...

I'm sure this has been posted dozens of times in this thread, but the world is a better place with this clown in the ground.
I rarely carry, but knowing there are scumbags like this former waste-of-life out there is making me reconsider.

Give them nightsticks back and maybe the streets will quiet down again...
Minimum 3-person foot patrols.

1640293103425.png

Checks the "Less-Lethal" box...
✅

Last edited:
She got railroaded by the judge not instructing the difference in legalities between reckless and careless.

I have had interactions that were LEOs extremes. Murderer of his wife who blamed it on black youths and the officer who spent his own time and money to set up youth boxing and activities.

The only thing I see coming out of this verdict is the 'taser' is going to be left in the holster and more subjects are going to be shot.

Back
Top Bottom