Daunte Wright Shooting: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know - Edit: Shot by cop who thought she was using a TASER

I had an interesting back and forth with some uber liberal turd on Monday .
George Floyd came up.
My answer to him was that it never should have happened but not for the reason he thought.
When he asked what that was , I told him Floyd's brains should have been getting washed off someone's walls years back when he did an armed home invasion and stuck a pistol in a pregnant woman's stomach .
I literally though the dude was going to stroke out right in front of me.
Not excusing Chauvin in any way , I have a feeling that POS is going to get what he has coming , but damn I'm tired of people elevating these thugs to sainthood.
Agreed on all points. Interestingly outside of NES I’ve had a few chats with some liberals at my work and they all agreed with me that this stupid kid brought this on himself by acting like an idiot in the first place but none of the conversation/s excused the keystone Cop bullshit, this topic might have been the one thing that was discussed with these people that didn’t make me want to shake some sense into them after.

Not sure if that was the case here or just that they learned he had a warrant after stopping him for the expired tag on the car. In any case you make a very valid point.
Although even without a mandate to seek out wanted individuals any cop might run into them in the course of traffic stops, short of ending all traffic enforcement I don't see how it is totally unavoidable.

Either way this arrest in MN at least from an observers point of view looked sloppy, uncoordinated, and hence the individual was able to break free and and attempt to flee and the ineptitude spiraled.
The car was a recent gift from family and apparently never re-registered in his name, so they only learned about the outstanding warrants when they ran his ID well into the traffic stop.

The bodycam footage of the officers attempting to take him into custody is... unimpressive.

30 years ago this would have been local news only.
I miss those days.
That was the case in Framingham when a negligent discharge took out Eurie Stamps ... and he did not have baggage like a long criminal record; felony warrants; etc. Just a grandfather who happened to be related to a person of interest.

My understanding is that court records were released and published today that show that Daunte was pulled over for expired registration

Once pulled over they realized he had an outstanding warrant for assault/robbery, that his bail had been revoked and conditions of his bail included orders that he was banned from possession of firearms/ammo previously mentioned and the officers KNEW he was facing additional charges for possession.....ie they had reason to believe he had a firearm AND demonstrated disreguard for law.

Police that were involved apparently included a white male officer, a black male officer and white female officer.

All three officers knew who they were dealing with, what his history was and that he may be armed

He didnt deserve to be shot........but at same time he and he alone is responsible for his own actions that led to the circumstances he put himself in.

The charge of second degree manslauter as defined by the state do not fit in any way shape or form the actions that were captured on camera..
Great post. One thing I want to add and I’m not 100% sure but I thought I read that Potter ( Female shooter ) was training one or both of the Officers? Monday morning QB’ing this they should have shut the car door, also the hands on Cop had the handcuffs out to cuff this kid but then hung them on his duty belt? The only reason I can see him doing this is to get a better hold of the wrist and push the kids sleeves up maybe, placing handcuffs on a person with a coat with long sleeves is not the easiest application, this is when the kid “Slipped away” from the half ass grip the supporting officer had. Brutal Fail all around.

This seems like straight forward manslaughter due to sloppy execution of the arrest and it going sideways.

Clearly these officers are woefully under trained/tested under duress. She faced a stresser and folded like a lawnchair.

The charge of second degree manslauter as defined by the state do not fit in any way shape or form the actions that were captured on camera..

What if she thought he was a deer?

(2) by shooting another with a firearm or other dangerous weapon as a result of negligently believing the other to be a deer or other animal;

But being serious, you don’t think mistaking a gun for a taser and shooting someone with said gun is culpable negligence?

(1) by the person's culpable negligence whereby the person creates an unreasonable risk, and consciously takes chances of causing death or great bodily harm to another;

What if she thought he was a deer?

(2) by shooting another with a firearm or other dangerous weapon as a result of negligently believing the other to be a deer or other animal;

But being serious, you don’t think mistaking a gun for a taser and shooting someone with said gun is culpable negligence?

(1) by the person's culpable negligence whereby the person creates an unreasonable risk, and consciously takes chances of causing death or great bodily harm to another;

I wasnt there, I didnt stay at a holiday inn last night and its tough to take your post seriously

The facts as we know them are based on camera and court records/reported sequence of events

The deceased was not a law abiding citizen......far far from it......he was facing charges of armed attempted robbery, his bail had been revoked for violation of firearms ban provision and he skipped court......

when they approached the car they KNEW he had a gun.....question was whether or not it was in the car

He has now resisted lawful/legitimate arrest and re-entered a vehicle where popo had every reason to believe he had a gun

He didnt deserve to die....but he put himself into a really bad situation where HE forced police to choose between a number of terribad decisions they had to make.

Whether he had a gun in car or not....he now had a 3000 pound weapon......the car

He and he alone through a series of terribad decisions to break law and harm other people over many many months, put himself in a bad situation that led to his death

I can neither justify or condemn her response......but there's no disputing that he was armed with a vehicle and had a demonstrated history/ability to use weapons against others....even if the shoot was wrong.....he certainly provoked the kharma fairy.....and she's a fickle bitch.....

The car was a recent gift from family and apparently never re-registered in his name, so they only learned about the outstanding warrants when they ran his ID well into the traffic stop.

The bodycam footage of the officers attempting to take him into custody is... unimpressive.

Agreed!

What bothered me was the female officer saying aloud "He has a warrant" in earshot of the suspect. This is why you use code words to your partner. Additionally the male officer, understandably he is in training, was sloppy and failed to apply proper measures of control upon the suspect.

IMO when all is said and done, this video should serve a purpose of what not to do, or at least how it can be done better.

Serious question: would the lady cop have been better off saying she knew she had a gun and meant to shoot him? She could argue self defense. As it stands now, she's definitely going to jail.

Serious question: would the lady cop have been better off saying she knew she had a gun and meant to shoot him? She could argue self defense. As it stands now, she's definitely going to jail.

In the current climate and especially in MN? I’m not sure. Possible. Somewhere else or at another time? Absolutely, positively. Quick investigation and cleared, I have zero doubt.

In the current climate and especially in MN? I’m not sure. Possible. Somewhere else or at another time? Absolutely, positively. Quick investigation and cleared, I have zero doubt.
Having her on video calling out "Taser! Taser!" just before pulling the trigger would tend to make that story a tough sell.

Having her on video calling out "Taser! Taser!" just before pulling the trigger would tend to make that story a tough sell.

Yeah ok....if that wasn't there. I think I'm just trying to imagine if she were to have intentionally shot him.

I'm saying it a bigger tragedy that she did F up.

Granted, but for the purpose of @wilson911 's scenario,
assume with some loss of generality that no such glitch arises.

I was gonna post this video right here for a different reason;
then shied away.
But now I realize I can justifiably frame it as
The Benefits of Doing the Right Thing.

Absolutely lengthy, but it seems rewarding.
I didn't begrudge the time I spent watching it.

“Families migrating from the central cities of a metro area tend to cluster in these more affordable communities; so do immigrants. (Brooklyn Center has the highest share of foreign-born residents in the Twin Cities area.) Other, more nefarious forces also funnel nonwhite families toward the inner suburbs—such as the practice of discriminatory racial “steering,” wherein real-estate agents are more likely to show families of color homes in already-diverse neighborhoods. As a result, the demographics of many older suburbs are shifting fast.”

Pre-COVID19, I saw a lot of “self-steering” at our company cafeteria, where diverse folks group together for lunch. Nefarious forces at work as well?

The irony of this article appearing in something called the American "Thinker" is off the charts on the unintentional comedy scale.

Back
Top Bottom