Daunte Wright Shooting: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know - Edit: Shot by cop who thought she was using a TASER

At the end of the day the kid probably ended up were he was going to end up anyway.....How he got there may be questionable...it again just happened sooner than later. He is officially the little Angel mom and dad profess him to be....Opinions may vary.
Yup, sadly a life of gangstah cut short way soon.

Or you could wait until all the facts are out and realize he wasn't peacefully exercising his 2A rights. He had been out on bail for armed robbery and skipped his court date.
No, the facts behind any firearm charge are irrelevant to me. I am of the opinion that everyone is given the right to firearm ownership under the Constitution. Even criminals. Once you start restricting who can have a firearm, that is the easy route to banning more people from firearm possession, as we have seen in blue states.
If we as a society want stiffer punishments on people who threaten murder, then make the punishment for threatening murder more severe. Stop stacking on BS charges just to make the incident seem worse. I see it all the time in court records. Assault, assault with a deadly weapon (shod foot). It's so dumb.
I do not believe in a prohibited person. Either a person can own a firearm (like they can own a knife or car) or they shouldn't be in society.
By allowing the opinion that he shouldn't have a firearm get into your head, you have already allowed anti-gun people to win. They have already eroded our Constitutional Right to have the firearm and they have you out there defending their position.
Can you think of another scenario where a Right is taken away? (Honest question) I cannot. Maybe the 1st Amendment when someone is ordered by the courts as a gag order, but I honestly do not know enough about them to comment.

My rambling continues: I see firearm ownership as equal to any other Right. I see the act of telling someone they cannot have a gun the same as telling someone they could get locked up for practicing religion.

I'm not trying to convince you that you are incorrect, just letting you know where my mind is and how I see things.

Cop charged with Second degree murder.

Manslaughter, not murder. There is a difference...

Local prosecutors in Minnesota on Wednesday are expected to charge former Brooklyn Center Police Officer Kim Potter with second-degree manslaughter in the death of 20-year-old Daunte Wright, according to local reports, as civil unrest has persisted for three consecutive nights, with demonstrations spilling into Minneapolis.

Washington County Attorney Pete Orput is expected to announce the second-degree manslaughter charge later Wednesday, both the Minneapolis Star-Tribune and KSTP reported. Orput did not immediately return a voicemail left by Fox News on Wednesday.

I am of the opinion that everyone is given the right to firearm ownership under the Constitution. Even criminals.
. . .
By allowing the opinion that he shouldn't have a firearm get into your head, you have already allowed anti-gun people to win. They have already eroded our Constitutional Right to have the firearm and they have you out there defending their position.
Can you think of another scenario where a Right is taken away? (Honest question) I cannot.
In New Hampshire, if you're convicted of tampering with an election (including double-voting) you can lose your right to vote. Many states disenfranchise all felons, while Maine & Vermont are so squishy that felons can vote even while they're in jail!

... she describes former pupil as 'goofy' and needing 'a lot of love'​
52e580c85cf00.jpeg

... Many states disenfranchise all felons, while Maine & Vermont are so squishy that felons can vote even while they're in jail!
Hell, Maine and Vermont even let their felons try to vote in New Hampshire elections while they're in jail.

Manslaughter, not murder. There is a difference...

Local prosecutors in Minnesota on Wednesday are expected to charge former Brooklyn Center Police Officer Kim Potter with second-degree manslaughter in the death of 20-year-old Daunte Wright, according to local reports, as civil unrest has persisted for three consecutive nights, with demonstrations spilling into Minneapolis.

Washington County Attorney Pete Orput is expected to announce the second-degree manslaughter charge later Wednesday, both the Minneapolis Star-Tribune and KSTP reported. Orput did not immediately return a voicemail left by Fox News on Wednesday.
Ok that’s sounds better. The news did say 2nd degree murder at first.

Not familiar with the murder degrees in that state, but doesn't murder require intent ?

As stated, she's actually being charged with manslaughter, but no, 2nd degree murder does not require intent. There are essentially two forms, one with intent, and the other without (felony murder). For example, Chauvin is being charged with 2nd degree felony murder (no intent).

Okay, now that the officer is being charged, lets play a game:

Assuming a guilty finding - what would an appropriate punishment be? and why?
Max is 10 years and $20,000 fine.

Factors to consider: Deterrence, Retribution, and Rehabilitation.

If this was an honest mistake, although foolish and unforgivable, would any measure of punishment have prevented the mistake, or prevent others from repeating it?
Rehabilitation seems out as well since the officer will never be permitted to work in law enforcement again, nor be able to legally carry a firearm. Since there is no likelihood of her reoffending that leaves retribution. Make no mistake, any punishment she will face is a condemnation of her actions and to satisfy other's sense of vengeance. What would an appropriate punishment be? Dude, I don't know. Definitely not the max, but not a walk either.

Okay, now that the officer is being charged, lets play a game:

Assuming a guilty finding - what would an appropriate punishment be? and why?
Max is 10 years and $20,000 fine.

Factors to consider: Deterrence, Retribution, and Rehabilitation.

If this was an honest mistake, although foolish and unforgivable, would any measure of punishment have prevented the mistake, or prevent others from repeating it?
Rehabilitation seems out as well since the officer will never be permitted to work in law enforcement again, nor be able to legally carry a firearm. Since there is no likelihood of her reoffending that leaves retribution. Make no mistake, any punishment she will face is a condemnation of her actions and to satisfy other's sense of vengeance. What would an appropriate punishment be? Dude, I don't know. Definitely not the max, but not a walk either.

Well she clearly didn't learn in any of those training classes. So as a deterrent to future heroes and to encourage them to pay attention in training, I'd be OK with the max penalty plus loss of pension. In fact, the pension can go to the victim's kid....cuz we gonna be paying anyway.

If only these morons would take the logic one step further and say "hmm, should we really be using traffic enforcement as a dragnet for other crimes and offenses? Seems to inject a hell of a lot of danger into the whole thing..."

Not sure if that was the case here or just that they learned he had a warrant after stopping him for the expired tag on the car. In any case you make a very valid point.
Although even without a mandate to seek out wanted individuals any cop might run into them in the course of traffic stops, short of ending all traffic enforcement I don't see how it is totally unavoidable.

Either way this arrest in MN at least from an observers point of view looked sloppy, uncoordinated, and hence the individual was able to break free and and attempt to flee and the ineptitude spiraled.

Live PD in the past featured a Jefferson County Alabama Sheriff's team whose whole operation was mobile sweeps for stole cars and opportunities to spot individuals with outstanding warrants. But their tactics, and clearly their training, were nothing like what is seen in this MN case. When the AL team made a stop they used two to three SUVs to box in a suspect vehicle and slow roll them to a halt. They were then very deliberate and coordinated about approaching the vehicle, and if they were going to ask someone to exit a car they first had them rotate their body in their seat and actually handcuffed them while they were still seated. These officer were also young and very fit individual men and women who had clearly done a lot of training in apprehensions and physically putting hands on suspects to hold and handle them.

🐯

Well she clearly didn't learn in any of those training classes. So as a deterrent to future heroes and to encourage them to pay attention in training, I'd be OK with the max penalty plus loss of pension. In fact, the pension can go to the victim's kid....cuz we gonna be paying anyway.

You and I don't agree on anything pertaining to this.

I'd say least amount of penalty with no loss of pension. She's going to get sued to death anyway.

You and I don't agree on anything pertaining to this.

I'd say least amount of penalty with no loss of pension. She's going to get sued to death anyway.
Im not sure what her states laws are but regardless of what the idiots carrying a torch to burn this officer want she probably won’t lose her pension. She will do time and use said pension to pay all her lawyer fees and civil penalties and might enjoy some of her earned money in about 20-30 years down the road.

LOL as I suspected the thug was a thug. Let the apologist for him hold a vigil and burn buildings in his honor. But indeed the cop/s were still incompetent and need to be held accountable, I won’t argue that fact.
I had an interesting back and forth with some uber liberal turd on Monday .
George Floyd came up.
My answer to him was that it never should have happened but not for the reason he thought.
When he asked what that was , I told him Floyd's brains should have been getting washed off someone's walls years back when he did an armed home invasion and stuck a pistol in a pregnant woman's stomach .
I literally though the dude was going to stroke out right in front of me.
Not excusing Chauvin in any way , I have a feeling that POS is going to get what he has coming , but damn I'm tired of people elevating these thugs to sainthood.

Back
Top Bottom