• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Daunte Wright Shooting: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know - Edit: Shot by cop who thought she was using a TASER

People with, and maintaining, self control, don't get tased. People who instead show need of others to exercise control over them, do.

He was being lawfully arrested on a warrant and used force to attempt flight. Such was the point at which tasing was justified. The negligence or criminality of the wrong tool being drawn is up for debate. What isn't was his application of force in the attempt to flee.

Doesn't matter if you believe that the use of the firearm rather than the taser was intentional, or vice versa. That choice was the point officers on the scene had cause and recourse to put their hands on their belts and come up with a weapon- non-lethal or otherwise.

Like you said- we can do this all day. And like I said- you can't find any point to put any responsibility for the outcome on Wright, even when in the final moments he set it all in motion.

TLDR: she's responsible for pulling a gun instead of a taser; he's responsible for making her pull. But some just can't accept that reality.
I agree with everything you wrote. I think where the break down is happening, is that pre Floyd, nothing would have happened. Ok, maybe pre body cam. This isn't really a race problem with the police. The race is just amplified because of the number of encounters, but this happens to all races. A white boy would have been treated exactly the same and killed. Nothing would have happened to the officer in either case. That is what is the problem, the police have an accountability problem right now. We all see it, is it all of them, no, but It should be a big f***ing deal when a citizen is killed by a government agent before going through a trial. When that happens and it will, there should be open and public hearings for every time. right now it's more like yeah we looked into ourselves and we are the greatest humans on earth, now get away before I have to look again. In my opinion this is a big part of the problem driving this. Add in the race hustlers and you get what we have here.

Not saying I agree with looting of innocent businesses but I do think every so often its good for the population to show how little control those in control really have..
Give them a little fear in general

Not saying I agree with looting of innocent businesses but I do think every so often its good for the population to show how little control those in control really have..
Give them a little fear in general

Except that the looting mob is actually very easy to control. Just lie to them and give them "free" shit, which of course comes at someone else's expense. Those in control aren't worried about looters. Last summer showed that.

His life choices are a factor that led him to his fate. He had a warrant out for his arrest for illegally carrying a firearm. Any cop would be crazy not to think that he could likely have another firearm in the car. Yes, he shouldn’t have been shot but he made his fair share of bad choices as well.

As always on these situations there is plenty of fail to go around.

Bob
He should have never been arrested for illegally carrying because if you're not a PP and 18+ years old the 2nd Amendment says your right shall not be infringed.

That's the way I see it. Was it wrong that she shot him instead of tasering him? Yep. Would that have happened if he didn't make a run for it? Nope Cause and effect.
If we're gonna make the excuse that every time someone resists arrest and a Taser is deployed that if a gun is used instead it's justified then why do police need Tasers at all? Let's go full Nazi and have the cops empty their magazines into people resisting...

Well if the gun owner was smart he wouldn’t run and just say “Lost em in a boating accident” but if you want to hook me up for a moronic misdemeanor go for it. I will be drinking beers a few hours after I get bailed out.

None of that has any consistency with reality.

Maura proclaims that all post-ban ARs are illegal and announces that she's going to start going door to door hunting them down, because they're super dangerous and the fact that they're in circulation poses a clear and imminent threat to the good citizens of the commonwealth. Bunch of scumbag gun owners DGAF and ignore her. At one of the no-knock raids the gun owner, who happens to have a warrant for some misdemeanor bullshit, ignores the cop's command to get on the ground and instead tries to bolt out the back door (empty-handed). Cop, thinking he has a beanbag shotgun actually has a gun with slugs in it and proceeds to blow a hole through the guy. Is it the cop's fault or the gun owner's?
It doesn't even need to be for that, it could be on a Red Flag law after guys ex-GF said he was beating her when he wasn't and she says he had guns and wanted to kill cops and events you describe play out the same way and what would NES be saying then? "He should have lost them in a boating accident" or "He should have complied."

The basis of my point is Daunte was a skinny 20 year old Black kid, he could have been a fat 60 year old White guy whose only charge on record was unlawful carry and a failure to appear for the unlawful carry charge. In 17 states, so long as you're not a PP, there is no such thing as unlawful carry.

Well if the gun owner was smart he wouldn’t run and just say “Lost em in a boating accident” but if you want to hook me up for a moronic misdemeanor go for it. I will be drinking beers a few hours after I get bailed out.
Dude, STFU with the boating accident bullshit, that shit doesn't fly in a Red Flag order and you know it. So sick of the boating accident crap, that worked 30 years ago, not anymore.

We all know exactly how the media would spin it in that situation.

Heck, if the guy were wanted for failure to appear in a case where he fled police previously, half of NES would say he brought it on himself.
Yeah, all the talk after Biden stole the election how many said they weren't going to comply with new gun control laws? So, say anyone actually does choose to excercise their 2nd amendment that doesn't fit with the governments definition of what the 2nd Amendment is, so when ATF drops by to take those guns and arrest the owner and they shoot him dead instead of Tasering him, is NES gonna hop up and defend the ATF doorkicking jackboots after the guy did exactly what others on NES were saying they were going to do in non-compliance?

Nah, MAGA has to weave a narrative of a rising Black thug youth dangerously carrying his Ruger .45 without an LTC and failing to appear on the charter of carrying a pistol without an LTC!

You know who else had a failure to appear on a weapons charge back in the early 90s? Randy Weaver and his son and wife wound up dead, yet nobody is saying Randy Weaver played the stupid game and won the stupid prize.

Makes me wonder if it isn't racism when it comes to Daunte Wright.

Read my above posts. Pretty clear on this point. She's at fault for shooting him instead of tasing him. But it wouldn't have happened if he didn't try to run. Cause and effect.
That doesn't excuse a cop from being shit at her job.

But, you want to go back and say if he didn't try to run, this wouldn't have happened and we can play that root cause analysis game all the way back to carrying without a license shouldn't be a crime.

This one's easy. I blame all legislators. If you want to blame the legislature for the brandishing charge against the guy go right ahead. I won't disagree with you.
But you'll defend police to no end, even if they're enforcing unconstitutional laws.

So, you must be all for police beating the shit out of people and arresting them for not wearing masks, eh?

Dude, STFU with the boating accident bullshit, that shit doesn't fly in a Red Flag order and you know it. So sick of the boating accident crap, that worked 30 years ago, not anymore.
LOL that was the first time I ever used that and I learned it here. But either way DUDE you can Go F’K yourself how about that?

He should have never been arrested for illegally carrying because if you're not a PP and 18+ years old the 2nd Amendment says your right shall not be infringed.
This is how I feel. Its funny to me to see people scream "I am oppressed with gun laws" and the next statement is "his BS state laws should be held against him for life".

I have a hard time believing that if I was being placed under arrest for something that I felt very strongly against that I would go willingly.

This is how I feel. Its funny to me to see people scream "I am oppressed with gun laws" and the next statement is "his BS state laws should be held against him for life".

I have a hard time believing that if I was being placed under arrest for something that I felt very strongly against that I would go willingly.
I can certainly appreciate this statement and I question the thought myself. For me I will say that it depends on the situation ie: Risk vs Reward type thing. If it’s getting pulled over for something stupid or arrested for something that is not really enforced but the cop
Is being a douch then I’d say it’s worth complying to save yourself from potentially escalating the situation to who knows what level and fight it another way. If it’s a bunch of Government officials storming my house because I refuse to go to a friggen prison camp for a Covid watch then I’m not complying and will go out in a blaze of glory if need be. Situations are different and is it worth a potentially bad outcome worth it? That’s a personal choice.

Back
Top Bottom