• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Daughter in law wants to go shooting

Pilgrim

NES Member
RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
I took her a while back and she loved it...first time for her.

Yesterday she said she wants to go again...to which I quickly agreed. When she asked me to take her, the kids were watching something on TV that involved a shotgun and I asked her if she wanted to shoot my 870 when we go. She said sure, she'd love to, but that she already had shot it. I asked when, since we'd only gone once before. She took out her cell phone and showed me a pic I took of her shooting my Marlin 39a. I told her that was a .22 and that a shot gun is a little different.

She's still game, but is she going to be surprised !

She REALLY wants to shoot my AK too!

I'm proud of her.

That is awesome - don't wait get her out again asap. Let the bug take over on her - wish you the best.

awesome! go throw some lead downrange!

my fiancee was shown a grip with a 870 where she said she barely even felt like she was even shooting, said the recoil of an AR was more noticeable. she also ended up with what was most likely a youth model but still was shooting 12GA. i can ask her about it if you would like me to.

Took my wife out for the first time last weekend. She loved it.
She shot a .22 S&W model 22A, an old ruger .22 revolver, a Sig P229 .40 and a S&W 357 magnum revolver. She did really good. She liked the .22 S&W model 22A the best[rolleyes]

I took my girlfriend shooting yesterday. She had shot my Marlin 60 once before and did fine with that. So I brought a couple toys to play with.
Ruger Mark III - fine, but she said it was boring
S&W Model 442 - she wanted to shoot this because it was "cute" - until I fired a cylinder showing her how it worked - then she wouldn't go near it.
S&W M&P 45 - one shot - she said that was all she wanted to do - but she hit the bulls eye

I give up - more ammo for me

That is great. My wife and I went to go shooting on Sunday, my daughter wanted to come to shoot too. So we packed her and her infant daughter up and went to the range. We took turns in the meeting room with the baby was one of us helped her shoot my wive's Ruger MKIII. I after about 50 rounds she was bouncing and asking if she could get one for her birthday. When she woke up yesterday, first thing she asked is if she could shoot last night too, which we did. It is great to see her so excited about shooting.

Back
Top Bottom