• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Daughter in Denver and CCW

Tommy Gun

NES Life Member
NES Member
My oldest daughter moved to Colorado last year to attend Grad School and now she wants her CC Permit. I looked up some info and thought the second page of the pdf I'm attaching was pretty good.

View attachment 27107

I lived in Colorado in the mid nineties, in Pueblo. Each county sheriff issued for their respective counties. Man, they never gave a concealed carry permit out for anything. Hope that changed now for the better. If you needed one for your job, it was restricted at that, except for LEOs. Very few people got one. IIRC, the fee was very high to apply and non-refundable if refused. Their reasoning was you could open carry, so one didn't need a concealed permit. It wasn't exactly the wild west, you saw plenty of firearms racked in the window of a pick up, but head into the local Piggly Wiggly with one on your hip and you'd have a cop on you in a wink. Just a security check they'd say, I never saw anyone yanked from the store. I never felt comfortable doing it.

When I hit town I headed to a local gunshop and talked to the guy behind the counter. He said he'd bet I was glad to be living in colorado, now I could really carry with that open carry stuff. He also said coming from Boston must of sucked cause we couldn't carry. Yeah, I pulled my MA LTC out to show him and when he picked his jaw off the floor it got quiet in the shop real fast. End of discussion. Before I left to move back I was in the process of applying. But left before I ever found out....and left my fee behind too.

Sorry, in rant mode and no intention to jack the OPs thead. I hope things have severly changed and she gets her CC license.

Last edited:
I opened this thread because I saw that there was an attachement.
for some reason, I thought it would be a pic of your daughter....

My bad.

;)

Back
Top Bottom