• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dating Colt manufacture date?

So I contacted Colt to get a manufacture date in writing for a pre-ban gun that I found and I got a call back today. They said it will take up to 120 days. Is this normal? I would think looking up a firearm, printing the info and dripping it in the mail might take a couple weeks, but 4 months?

What us everyone else's experiences with this sort of thing?

By pre-ban, he's referring to an AR.
He's also telling us that he's not in CT since colts are named in our AWB so pre-ban means nothing with respect to colt in CT.

Re the OP's question. Colt seems to have made telling people when and in what configuration their Colts were originally made, into a nice little side business.
I'm surprised they even offered to do it without the standard fee. (I'm not sure, but I believe its about $30)

Sorry I keep forgetting my information isn't to the left of my posts... I need to fix that, but yes I am in MA and yes it is an AR15 that I need dated. They told me over the phone that it is pre-ban but I want it in writing for my records and my FFL would like a copy of it in writing just to ensure for his records its pre-ban and all. I am being charged $25 for the service which is perfectly reasonable (they originally wanted to charge me $100 with information as to when it was manufactured, when it was sold, where it was shipped and the serial range of the shipment it was in and some other information. I told them I just need date of manufacture and that is $25).

Back
Top Bottom