1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Dashcam footage shows Medway officer being hit by vehicle

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by robjax, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Chevy 2 65

Chevy 2 65 NES Member

If there was a flagger on site this would never happen. ;)
    [​IMG]

robjax likes this.

2. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain NES Member

I got hit on a detail once when Sturbridge was doing that long stretch that goes by PD. I wasn't being a retard standing in middle of road, but it was a really shitty situation. Guy knew he clipped me and took off. It didn't work out for him. If he had just stopped I would have just chalked it up to a mistake.

3. Greg

Greg NES Member

Maybe you can answer a question that has been nagging me for a while.

Why do the majority of cops on orange cone details (when the traffic is directing itself so their job is to just stand there)stand so close to cars driving by ? I am not joking,when I am in my truck driving by,they just stand there with their arms crossed, almost like daring me to clip them.They could easily take a step back (or 10),but for some reason they choose to stand within 12" of every car that drives by.

It's almost as if they want to get hit for a disability claim to retire early,this is the only scenario that makes sense to me.Cars are going slow enough as to where they aren't going to get really hurt,but moving fast enough as to where no one will question the claim.

Roland Deschain likes this.
  4. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain NES Member

Honestly? I have absolutely no idea. The only reason I got clipped, is because there was absolutely no room stand due to the construction. There's really no reason to be a dick when you're working a detail. I get therr are dumbasses out there, but that is just life. I almost went off on a detail cops a few nights ago with my son... The guy parked his cruiser across both lanes, with the lights on, and was standing in front of it. the other guy with me through, but I stopped and I rolled down my window I'm like hey can I go up here, and the guy it's like yeah buddy obviously go around my cruiser. I was like well you parked across both lanes pal. Could have been a sweet dick measuring contest

5. Greg

Greg NES Member

Thanks,guess one day I will have to ask one why.A few times I actually had to stop and motion for the cop to move over a bit so I didn't clip him in the head with my driver mirror.One time a cop just looked at me like I just raped his wife,like he wanted to kill me.He just took like half a step back and mad dogged me the whole time I was driving by.Wanted to say something,but obviously triggered guys with loaded guns and qualified immunity and might just decide to consider my truck a dangerous weapon and shoot me,scare me lol

6. mg42doc

mg42doc NES Member

that construction's been going on forever. Long enough for everybody to get pretty casual with their hand wavings and gesticulations. I'm surprised more people havent been hit down there

7. Randy Lahey

Randy Lahey NES Member

And flail his arms like that works? I think I’ve met these guys...

8. Evadd

Evadd NES Member

I'm confused as to what video some of you watched. The cop was already in the way of that car. He didn't step in front of it. He took, at most, half a step to his left, but that may very well have been as he freaked out b/c dumbass was about to run him over. The whole thing took less than one second to unfold. To those of you who think that you can analyze and react in less time than that, I challenge you to test it out.

I'll drive, and you try to superman over my car. [rolleyes]

9. AHM

AHM NES Member

Penumbral emanations; obviously.