Dash Cam: Canton, OH PD "Notification" Arrest & Officer Goes Berserk

Since almost every one of those limits are arbitrary, ineffectual, and unconstitutional given a strict interpretation, they are not really our friends. Are they?
True, but they may just say that because they have to. I live in a town where the cops wave when they drive by and will start a friendly conversation if they see you in DD or whatever. Big city cops that actually get shot at sometimes probably have a different attitude about gun ownership.

Big city cops that actually get shot at sometimes probably have a different attitude about gun ownership.
Big city cops can eat a bag of dicks then.

They either knew or should have known what they were getting into. They also should realize that those who shoot at them don't GAF about laws of ANY kind. If they haven't figured that out, they are complete morons.

So what your saying is, they are being conditioned to shoot the instant another officers sees what he thinks might be a gun, and yells GUN! at the top of his lungs?

Is this for real? Can they be so ignorant of how the human brain works.

Not too long ago an officer had an attacker coming at him, he fired two shots and immediately holstered his weapon (as he was trained over and over again to do in practice). The wounded perp came right to him and stabbed the officer.

I would have thought that the word would have gotten around by now: change your practices to be identical to real-world situations!

If they are going to let cops record anything, anywhere, then we should be able to do the same and not charged with a crime if we do!

The hypocrisy is beyond measure, I mean if they are not doing anything wrong, what are they worried about. *

* do I need to say it?

Canton PD could be looking at some serious legal expenses due to the earlier explosion by this jerk. (Video here.). Granted, he has a little bit more reason to be upset in the first case, but the fact that he didn't receive a serious attitude adjustment after the first incident last July, suggests that the PD is just fine with its officers dropping repeated F-bombs and threatening to murder citizens whenever they feel in any way threatened.

Ken

This is such a shame that our country has come to this, where will this end? When will the people finally say enough is enough. We can send our emails to Canton, but it is the people of that city and every other city that has to come to grips with these actions. If the citizens don't act up on this, then the green light is there for further bad behavior or worse, someone does get shot by an out of control cop on a stop, again and again. Why is it the DA's office is OK with this behavior? Man o' man, this country has gone to the shitter! I feel for the kids of today.

Update:

Police investigators have determined that Patrolman Daniel Harless violated department rules when he berated a man who had been pulled over on a traffic stop.

The officer was not immediately aware the man had a gun, although the man told investigators he attempted to notify Harless and another patrolman.

“Officer Harless’ conduct ... has brought disrepute upon himself and the Canton Police Department,” concludes a report released Wednesday by the internal affairs division.

http://www.cantonrep.com/topstories/x655331550/Internal-affairs-probe-finds-officer-violated-rules

I'm thinking he will get more than a pee-pee slap but less than a full termination. [thinking] probably on the lines of something like a six-month suspension and "retraining"...I hope I'm wrong and he is terminated.

yeah....suspension.........most of us would call 6 months off with pay a vacation!
he'll put on 10 lbs from watching The View and chillin..then go back to work to beat up another lawful citizen

I'm going to take the optimist view on this. Harless is going to be fired.

This is a PR nightmare for the Canton PD. And it's only going to continue unless they take a strong stance. Harless will "fall on his sword" for the Department.

The line he crossed was threatening to execute Bartlett. Swearing and being a dick aren't enough by themselves. The Canton PD can't whitewash an execution threat.

Hooray for the sunlight of the Internet...and now back to my unicorn ride. [grin]

I think this commenter said it best:
Manic Machinist
Chief McKimm needs to lose his job as well as this jerk wad cop. The chief claims he didn't know there was a problem even though there were over a dozen internal affair complaints????? He's a liar and was protecting this piece of crap for some reason. If by some chance the chief didn't know there was a problem then he's not much of a chief so either way they both need to go.

It's interesting how the report holds the officer responsible for impairing the operational efficiency of the department due to the large number of phone calls and emails received. As long as people aren't tying up the emergency number, it would appear that contacting the chief is indeed having a positive effect.

It's amazing that the driver is still scheduled for a jury trial on the "failure to notify" charge.

I just saw the new video on the FB site about Harless. I'm surprised with all the people hes threatened to kill (more than have complained I'm sure) he didn't run into one of them a 2nd time and get shot by someone fearing he would follow up on past threats. Guys not a thug, hes more of a Nazi.

It's amazing that the driver is still scheduled for a jury trial on the "failure to notify" charge.
+1

The DA is a douche if he presses this issue. If I were the driver I'd say bring it the F on. We'll show the jury that video as the centerpiece of the defense.

I bet the DA won't be feeling so froggy then.

Back
Top Bottom