• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dash Cam: Canton, OH PD "Notification" Arrest & Officer Goes Berserk

Bullshit. Police departments are the same everywhere.

I bet I can spend an hour finding dirty cops still on the job in every single one of the 50 states.

There is no "system" in Ohio. Every PD is an entity into itself with its own internal regulations and its own union contract.

Yep, just like that officer in boston still on the job after murdering an undercover officer more than a decade ago, when he and other cops beat the man to death.

Then some of you starting talking about police state, the war of drug, no knock warrants, dog getting shot by SWAT teamsetc,etc. Try and take a deep breath and relax, there are no black helicopters over your homes, it's all in your head.

Please tell that to Jose Guerena's family, or the family of that guy in Framingham who just got killed in his own house, for starters. I don't have enough characters in an NES post to list the rest of this people in this country killed for basically no good reason by the police, typically because they "thought" someone was breaking a law.

Let me guess, you're part of the "Isolated incident, nothing to see here" crowd... [thinking]

-Mike

Please tell that to Jose Guerena's family, or the family of that guy in Framingham who just got killed in his own house, for starters. I don't have enough characters in an NES post to list the rest of this people in this country killed for basically no good reason by the police, typically because they "thought" someone was breaking a law.

Let me guess, you're part of the "Isolated incident, nothing to see here" crowd... [thinking]

-Mike

+ 1 Mike

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

This officer is unstable and likely violated at least one law (threatening) . He did numerous other things that were totally inappropriate and unprofessional.

This guy makes makes me sick. He is a despicable human being who doesn't deserve to walk the streets, much less serve the community.

All the things he said to the carrier were clearly more appropriate for himself. Stuff like you just wrote.

Last edited:
I am surprised no one has posted anything from the Canton police department.

http://www.cantonohio.gov/police/

Our Guiding Principles
Officers of the Canton Police Department abide by six major guiding principles. They are as follows:

1. To be a progressive, proactive organization, dedicated to safety and serving the needs of the community.
2. To be responsive and accountable to the citizens of Canton through the chain of command and the city's administration.
3. To promote the professional and personal growth of each employee through strong, fair, flexible leadership.
4. To create an environment in which employees can attain the highest degree of creativity, productivity and sense of morale.
5. To maintain a spirit of cooperation within the department and between Labor Unions and other representative organizations.
6. To be fair, honest and display common sense in all actions.

MAJOR fail on item 6, the officer should be fired no question.

It is my opinion that this officer has done this before. The reason why he didn't care he was on tape is it never occurred to him that after intimidating the guy he would ever have the "nerve" to expose him and get the video pulled.

If you would also like to voice your displeasure to the Mayor of Canton.

http://www.cantonohio.gov/mayor/?pg=mayorcontact

Last edited:
Officer Daniel Harless

And a few of his gems

Right now, the shit that you just pulled, I could blast you right in the mouth...I am so close to caving in you're goddamn head...you're just a stupid human being...People like you don't deserve to move throughout public. Stupid idiot."

I swear to God man this little bull crap you just pulled right now has got me so hot. You know what I should have done? I'll tell you what I should have done. As soon as I saw your gun, I should have taken two steps back, pulled my Glock 40 and just put ten bullets in your ass and let you drop. And I wouldn'tve lost any sleep. And he would have been a nice witness as I executed you because you're stupid.

All in a day's work !

I am surprised no one has posted anything from the Canton police department.

http://www.cantonohio.gov/police/

Our Guiding Principles
Officers of the Canton Police Department abide by six major guiding principles. They are as follows:

1. To be a progressive, proactive organization, dedicated to safety and serving the needs of the community.
2. To be responsive and accountable to the citizens of Canton through the chain of command and the city's administration.
3. To promote the professional and personal growth of each employee through strong, fair, flexible leadership.
4. To create an environment in which employees can attain the highest degree of creativity, productivity and sense of morale.
5. To maintain a spirit of cooperation within the department and between Labor Unions and other representative organizations.
6. To be fair, honest and display common sense in all actions.

MAJOR fail on item 6, the officer should be fired no question.
It is my opinion that this officer has done this before. The reason why he didn't care he was on tape is it never occurred to him that after intimidating the guy he would ever have the "nerve" to expose him and get the video pulled.

If you would also like to voice your displeasure to the Mayor of Canton

http://www.cantonohio.gov/mayor/?pg=mayorcontact

Awful lot of shit about how they should treat themselves, their union, and "other representative organizations, not so much about the public that pays them...Typical public union bullshit.

punish-and-enslave.jpg

Officer Daniel Harless

And a few of his gems

Right now, the shit that you just pulled, I could blast you right in the mouth...I am so close to caving in you're goddamn head...you're just a stupid human being...People like you don't deserve to move throughout public. Stupid idiot."

I swear to God man this little bull crap you just pulled right now has got me so hot. You know what I should have done? I'll tell you what I should have done. As soon as I saw your gun, I should have taken two steps back, pulled my Glock 40 and just put ten bullets in your ass and let you drop. And I wouldn'tve lost any sleep. And he would have been a nice witness as I executed you because you're stupid.

All in a day's work !

Fotays are a bad influence, I think it holds most of the blame here for officers actions.

-Mike

Mike those are both very sad stories and hope that never happends to anyone.

You take a my quote about people going off topic and starting to talking about SWAT teams and you start talking about SWAT teams???

Back on topic how do you feel about the video??? You think this guy recieved such abuse because he had the gun or because he was picking up a hooker and the cop was looking for an excuse to arrest him?
Basically is this a clear cut case of the guys gun rights being infringed or was this a result of the cop wanting to scare the crap out of this guy so that he never comes back to that area?? The cop says to him if he ever sees his car again he will arrest him and tow his car agian and again?

Back on topic how do you feel about the video??? You think this guy recieved such abuse because he had the gun or because he was picking up a hooker and the cop was looking for an excuse to arrest him?
Basically is this a clear cut case of the guys gun rights being infringed or was this a result of the cop wanting to scare the crap out of this guy so that he never comes back to that area?? The cop says to him if he ever sees his car again he will arrest him and tow his car agian and again?

This is a clear cut case of a douche bag that became a cop to compensate for his lack social ability, masculinity, dick size, what ever it might be. Why should an innocent American be intimidated from going anywhere in the USA by a thug cop?

You have obviously never been to New Mexico!

No, I never have. But hot, dry climates take a horrible toll on me both physically and emotionally. I would much prefer boreal forest climates...

Fotays are a bad influence, I think it holds most of the blame here for officers actions.

LMFAO like EddieCoyle said nothing good can come from a .40

Glock .40 the choice of thugs in and out of uniform.

The appropriate response by the victim would have been laughter when the officer made the .40 observation.

Harless: What you laughing for you ***ing ***er. *** you and the car you ***in drove in one!
Victim: You just admitted you carry a .40, you *****!
Harless: *primal scream*

OK, maybe not such a good idea, but it would have been funny.

Thanks to those who answered the question. I asked it because I wanted to see if people here blame the police 100% of the time.

That being said your reading comprehension sucks? When did I ever say the guy in the video should have been arrested for failure to inform??????

I posed the question that maybe the police officer in the video busted his balls because he caught him in the act of picking up a hooker and doesn't want that going on in his town so he put the fear of God into him using the crappy failure to inform law.

Never said the arrest was justified please show me where I SAID THAT!!!

I then said I wish that some of the criminals I read about in the paper would sometimes catch a beating from the police. Ok well sorry if that upsets some of you.

Then some of you starting talking about police state, the war of drug, no knock warrants, dog getting shot by SWAT teamsetc,etc. Try and take a deep breath and relax, there are no black helicopters over your homes, it's all in your head.

don't feed the trolls.

This being said, WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!? Where the hell is the public outrage????? I wanna see this man and his pussy partner stand trial and explain themselves while the video is rolling.

The best part is he knows he's on camera too and it doesn't phase him.

That's because he's obviously refriggintarded. This embarrassment should loose his job forthwith and face whatever legal charges that would be applicable under Ohio law. The tirade this unprofessional dink put on made me sick, in particular when he said he "should have executed him".

Mike those are both very sad stories and hope that never happen[STRIKE]d[/STRIKE]s AGAIN to anyone.

You think this guy recieved such abuse because he had the gun or because he was picking up a hooker and the cop was looking for an excuse to arrest him?

The cop was not in the slightest interested in the victim until the gun came to his attention. He was just a prop for the evening's entertainment. As soon as the **** happened, the witnesses were sent packing and the bully focused on inflicting as much abuse as he could imagine. He is a despicable excuse for a human being. To abuse his power in such a blatant and disgusting way is beyond my comprehension. He should be behind bars for his actions that night.

An ordinary citizen could *almost* be expected to "lose it" in highly charged situations. At least when he does, he does so from a level playing field.

That officer had a duty conferred by his position, no matter WHAT his oath was, to protect the public first. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

At one point the cop says 'this is what gets cops killed' ...meanig not telling them for 5 minutes that he is carrying.

This shows how stupid that cop really is - because someone planning on killing a cop at a traffic stop surely would not mention carrying a gun!
This is the same stupidity that makes people believe they are safe in a gun free zone.

What gets cops killed is ignoring a guy in his car for 5 minutes while illegally searching said car.
good post. I think the cop was scared......and a douchenozzle.

Mike those are both very sad stories and hope that never happends to anyone.

You take a my quote about people going off topic and starting to talking about SWAT teams and you start talking about SWAT teams???

Threatening to execute another person is in no way, shape, or form, a valid or accepted way for any police officer to try to scare somebody from coming back to an area of town. That being said...no officer has the right to tell anyone that hasn't committed a crime to stay out of their areas of town. That's no better than gangs claiming territories IMHO.

90% of typical cops atttitude toward most anyone being stopped or just being talked at .

I've been stopped about ten times in my driving career, starting in 1976. The only time the officer was angry was once in 1976, when I really deserved worse than I got.

There are bad cops. And this guy is absolutely one of them. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think most cops are like this thug.

I've been stopped about ten times in my driving career, starting in 1976. The only time the officer was angry was once in 1976, when I really deserved worse than I got.

There are bad cops. And this guy is absolutely one of them. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think most cops are like this thug.

Odds are its probably not even 1/10, theres really no way of knowing as most of it doesnt get reported, but its cops like this that give a bad name to cops everywhere. The real issue is the union and other cops who go to bat for these officers who are routine offendors. It needs to be known that this is completely unacceptable behavior, but getting that message across will not be easy or quick by any means.

He threatened to murder someone under color of law. He threatened to arrest him and harass him on trumped up charges. If I had done this I would be in jail about 5 minutes after the cops got the call. This a**h*** won't even get a wrist-slap from the justice system.

I truly hope your 16-y/o daughter has this happen to her. You can tell HER it's perfectly ok.

You are truly unbelievable. I would say more but I don't want another infraction.

Oh really, you want the police to be able to execute people on the street, or maybe beat anyone they want to "teach them a lesson"? Nice, they should only recruit officers that "can tell a man is guilty by looking him in the eye", yea, that's the ticket...sheesh. There is a reason the police investigate crimes and make arrests, the DA takes them to trial, and a jury of your peers passes judgement. You completely miss the point, whatever this guy was doing, the police didn't witness any crimes, they had no reasonable cause, and they threatened to "execute" this guy on the side of the road even though he was 100% legally carrying.

And another thing, I am not a LEO, but leaving the unknown driver in the car while illegally searching it's back seat with your back to him probably isn't SOP and isn't a good decision.

Of course I don't care if people pay each for a goodtime. Did you ever have to buy a chick dinner or a drink? Your paying for it one way or
another ha ha ha. That doesn't mean you want acts going on out in the open.

Back on topic, there are many times where I read about deviant behavior and wish the cops would work the perpetrator over. For example the poor 8 year old boy two weeks in NY who was drugged, suffocated and then chopped up.
I wouldn't lose sleep or shed a tear for murderer if one of the arresting officers happened to punched him, even though he wasn't convicted yet.

In fact I think you George cheered on that fake post a while back about someone attempting to rob a group of Marine who were collecting money for Toy for Tots. “Suspected suffered, broken bones, ribs blah, blah, to which the cops replied he tripped”. So don’t tell me you don’t condone a little street justice every one and a while.

Last edited:
So...what you are saying is based on a book?[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

It's called the Hat Squad. Based on the real guys from LA circa 1950's

Max Herman, Clarence A. (Red) Stromwall, Harold N. Crowder and Edward F. Benson.

All vets of WWII & Korea maybe you or some of the others here who called their tactics un-American might know someone who served with them and can tell us first hand what type of soldiers and cops these guys really were? According to the articles they were well respected. The movie
"Mulholland Falls" was based on them.

http://lapd.com/assets/Hat_Squad_LA_Tiimes.pdf

He threatened to murder someone under color of law. He threatened to arrest him and harass him on trumped up charges. If I had done this I would be in jail about 5 minutes after the cops got the call. This a**h*** won't even get a wrist-slap from the justice system.

And the $10 million dollar question - what recourse does the average citizen have faced with crap like this? If this were some random guy on the street acting this way you're damn near justified in drawing and taking him out on the imminent threat alone. The "let the cops have their way and sort it out in court" doesn't really apply when they're talking about "executing" you and bashing in your skull for a totally legal action, but "resisting arrest" is a crime in and of itself. Nothing good in the long term can come from a "civilian" police force that's basically unaccountable and has the legal principle of Sovereign Immunity to ensure that no meaningful criminal consequences are possible.

Back
Top Bottom