• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dartmouth police seize 3 handguns, feeding device, arrest 5

just trying to turn their lives around...check out the charges at the end...got them for the standard capacity mag...

Dartmouth police seize 3 handguns, feeding device, arrest 5

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/news...lice-seize-3-handguns-feeding-device-arrest-5

[FONT=&amp]DARTMOUTH — Officers seized three handguns and arrested four adults and one juvenile, after investigating a large disturbance at a State Road restaurant, police said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Police found the individuals in a 1998 Lexus on Woodside Avenue, a short distance from Thai Taste II, the location of the disturbance, according to Detective Kyle Costa, a spokesman for the Dartmouth Police Department.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The officers seized three handguns — a Smith & Wesson 38-caliber revolver, a 9 mm pistol and a Jennings 22-caliber semi-automatic pistol and a feeding device — in the car, Costa said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Costa said some of the suspects have gang affiliations out of New Bedford.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Arrested were the following:[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Diondre J. Charros, 18, of 31 Chestnut St., Fairhaven.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Daejhon L. Gomes, 18, of 2 Shawmut Ave., New Bedford.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Charles F. Lopes, 20, of 66 Cedar St., New Bedford.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Shazan Gilmette, 21, of 114 Rockland St., New Bedford.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The 17-year-old male juvenile from New Bedford is not identified by police because he is underage.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]All of the suspects are charged with possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, carrying an unloaded large capacity firearm on a public way, carrying a firearm without a license, possession of a firearm with a defaced serial number, assault with a dangerous weapon, receiving stolen property and possession of a large capacity feeding device during the commission of a felony, according to Costa.[/FONT]

Last edited:
I don't understand some of these charges:

All of the individuals arrested were charged with:

Possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony
Carrying an unloaded large capacity firearm on a way
Carrying a firearm without a license
Possession of a firearm with a defaced serial number
Assault with a dangerous weapon
Receiving stolen property
Possession of a large capacity feeding device during the commission of a felony

https://www.newbedfordguide.com/dartmouth-police-arrest-4-males-with-three-loaded-firearms-at-thai-taste-ii/2017/02/17

Charges against the owner of the Jennings were dropped due to the fact it really isnt a firearm.
You have a point there - it does have to be capable of firing

Chapter 140; Section 121 said:
''Firearm'', a pistol, revolver or other weapon of any description, loaded or unloaded, from which a shot or bullet can be discharged

Now they call the place Temple Landing - it was United Front when I was growing up and it hasn't changed a bit since then - Total and complete shit hole...

Last edited:
Feeding device.....

The photo with the guns doesn't look quite right. Did they stretch it out to make the guns look longer and scarier?

I had a former secretary who's right hand was a large-capacity-feeding-device. She once brought a 1/2 gallon of left-over chow mien to work for lunch.

How can they all be charged with possession of 3 guns. The way the article is written they are all being charged with possession of everything. Throw everything at the wall and see what sticks I guess.

i think they could charge 4 people in a car with a pound of weed in the glove box...0.25 pounds for each person in the car...they probably charged the 4th kid for the high cap mag lol...does anyone know if the guns were found in the glove box? on them? in the seat? in the trunk?

How can they all be charged with possession of 3 guns. The way the article is written they are all being charged with possession of everything. Throw everything at the wall and see what sticks I guess.

very typical. just like anyone committing a crime where someone dies can all be charged with murder.

IANAL so I don't have an answer. But the question would be: Is "possession" the ability to exercise control or the act of controlling?

Back
Top Bottom