Danvers teen facing gun charges

DW357

NES Member

DANVERS — An 18-year-old from Danvers is facing a long list of firearms charges after police found four guns, two of which appeared to be "clones" with no serial numbers, in a Danvers apartment Tuesday night.

Iury Sereno Sette, 18, of 134 High St., Danvers, a Peabody High School student, is being held without bail pending a dangerousness hearing scheduled for March 3. He is also expected to face proceedings in Lawrence Juvenile Court, where he is on probation for prior offenses, a Salem District Court judge was told.

Sette pleaded not guilty to two counts of manufacturing a firearm without a serial number, four counts each of possessing a firearm without a license and improper storage of a firearm, and one count each of possessing ammunition without a license and possession of a large capacity feeding device, at his arraignment Wednesday in Salem District Court.

Police were called to the home shortly after 8 p.m. Tuesday for what was initially described as a domestic assault and battery involving a gun.

When officers arrived, Sette's uncle told police that Sette was fighting with a family member, over a "big silver gun."

Officers had their weapons out as they approached the second floor, where they found Sette, a friend, and his uncle and aunt. Family members said the fight started when one of the uncles saw the gun.

One family member then led police to a drawer, were they found a Colt 1911 clone and a Polymer 80 Glock 19 clone.
Sette denied that the guns were his, then denied that anyone had seen a gun.

Police then noticed a rifle stand and rifle in a corner, which turned out to be loaded. Police also found marijuana in several jars in the room, and several rounds of 9 mm and 45-caliber ammunition on the floor.

Later, after getting a search warrant, a fourth gun was found.

Based on just what was in the OP...
MJ possession, guns in the home, no bodily harm to himself or others? None of that should have been a crime.
Now those priors... that might be changing the story quite a bit.

Sette pleaded not guilty to two counts of manufacturing a firearm without a serial number, four counts each of possessing a firearm without a license and improper storage of a firearm, and one count each of possessing ammunition without a license and possession of a large capacity feeding device, at his arraignment Wednesday in Salem District Court.
Huh?

Probably bad reporting from the local “news”?
Nope; people get charged with fabricated crimes all the time. Like "possession" rather than "carrying one ones person" on school grounds. The PDs often think it is so "obvious" a law in in place they just ass/u/me it, and the incentive is actually NOT to train the PD to acknowledge what some perceive as loopholes.

Nope; people get charged with fabricated crimes all the time. Like "possession" rather than "carrying one ones person" on school grounds. The PDs often think it is so "obvious" a law in in place they just ass/u/me it, and the incentive is actually NOT to train the PD to acknowledge what some perceive as loopholes.

“Isn’t there ANYONE in the criminal justice industry who is supposed to have a clue about the actual laws?” he cried plaintively ...

I mean, “Excuse me, your honor, but could you ask the assistant da to cite the chapter and section of criminal code the state is charging me with so my public defender can look it up on the magic MA.gov website?”

F*cks f*cking sake.

R

Back
Top Bottom