Danvers fish & game?

Anyone here know anything about it? I live in Salem MA and my fiance and I are looking for somewhere close to home to shoot. Mass Rifle might be an option too, but we're figuring that the closer it is to home, the more often we'll get out to the range and keep in practice.

I heard Danvers is FUDD city but I could be wrong. I'd be happy to give you a tour of Cape Ann Sportsmans Club in Gloucester. I know it doesn't answer your question but just thought I'd throw that offer out there.

I've only been there once but I know a lot of people who belong to Danvers. My impression is a 60+ demographic with a heavy bias towards trap/skeet, deer rifles, and archery. Range hours are weird and restrictive. The construction of the indoor pistol range stalled due to contractor issues, but if they ever finish it it'll be great. I'd like to go back since I wasn't there on a weekend when the crowds come out.

One I'm looking into is Cape Ann. I've heard lots of good things. Haven't gone there yet.

I've only been there once but I know a lot of people who belong to Danvers. My impression is a 60+ demographic with a heavy bias towards trap/skeet, deer rifles, and archery. Range hours are weird and restrictive. The construction of the indoor pistol range stalled due to contractor issues, but if they ever finish it it'll be great. I'd like to go back since I wasn't there on a weekend when the crowds come out.

One I'm looking into is Cape Ann. I've heard lots of good things. Haven't gone there yet.

My offer is open to anyone really. I only go there on the weekends but feel free to PM me if you want to check it out sometime.

Cape Ann basically doesn't have any restrictions other than you can't shoot jacketed or magnum rounds at the indoor range.

I don't mind fudds if they don't mind me. If I can shoot my AK in peace it's a good place to me. Do they currently not have a pistol range at all or just building a new one? Cause that might be a deal breaker.

Danvers/Peabody=crime or fudd city guys.

One of my friends lives in Peabody and it's a RED town [puke]

Danvers is a crapshoot too.

Pretty much the North Shore is a hit or miss. Woburn (MRA) is a FUDD club in a red town. Shocker. Still I like it. Oh well.

I've been a member of Danvers for almost 20 years. Yes, we have Fudds but show me a club who doesn't. It's a good place to shoot, you are in relative peace when it comes to shooting what you like. Most of the members are good guys and gals and are very apt to help out a new comer.

Danvers/Peabody=crime or fudd city guys. One of my friends lives in Peabody and it's a RED town [puke]

Danvers is a crapshoot too. Pretty much the North Shore is a hit or miss. Woburn (MRA) is a FUDD club in a red town. Shocker. Still I like it. Oh well.

Actually, Danvers Fish & Game is in Middleton. Ask me how I know?

I don't mind fudds if they don't mind me. If I can shoot my AK in peace it's a good place to me. Do they currently not have a pistol range at all or just building a new one? Cause that might be a deal breaker.

Yeah, we fudds don't like AKs or ARs at our club. Every time I bring mine, I camouflage them so no one knows what I am shooting. I have to shoot my M1A from the bushes behind the outdoor range, so no one sees it.

Actually, Danvers Fish & Game is in Middleton. Ask me how I know?

Yeah, we fudds don't like AKs or ARs at our club. Every time I bring mine, I camouflage them so no one knows what I am shooting. I have to shoot my M1A from the bushes behind the outdoor range, so no one sees it.

Well that is ****ed. [laugh]

And NSF is in Middleton so....................................................

YO GON TO JAIL NOW

you-going-to-jail-now-o.gif

Cape Ann definitely has some FUDDs but we don't have rules like the number of rounds in the mag there doesn't have to be a range officer at the indoor or outdoor range in order to shoot. I bring my own steel plates to shoot every weekend among other items (empty jugs, spray paint cans, pumpkins etc). No one bothers me. I don't shoot at the indoor range because of the ammo restrictions which is probably the only negative.

Also, no ammo restrictions at the outdoor range except I think 50 BMG requires permission from the club president first. Steel core x54r is no problem either.

Last edited:
Cape Ann definitely has some FUDDs but we don't have rules like the number of rounds in the mag there doesn't have to be a range officer at the indoor or outdoor range in order to shoot. I bring my own steel plates to shoot every weekend among other items (empty jugs, spray paint cans, pumpkins etc). No one bothers me. I don't shoot at the indoor range because of the ammo restrictions which is probably the only negative.

Also, no ammo restrictions at the outdoor range except I think 50 BMG requires permission from the club president first. Steel core x54r is no problem either.

There are restrictions, you cannot shoot pumpkins or spray paint cans.
Plastic jugs or paper targets only, steel plates with Norm's approval.

I'm a member of DF&G, I joined there mainly for trap... I'm also a member of Woburn Sportsman's Association. Danvers isn't a bad club but there has to be a range officer around in order to shoot...which kind of sucks if you want to shoot during the week and work during the day. They have a nice plate range that's open Wednesday evenings and weekends and they have a great black powder range. I shoot more at Woburn, you don't need a range officer present to shoot and nobody gives you a hard time about shooting Aks or Ars. I live in Peabody and for me WSA is a better fit, on a Saturday or Sunday, it only takes 20-25 minutes to get there.

Back
Top Bottom