Daniel Shaver ... Ex-Officer Found Not Guilty

Cops are only one small part of the justice system, though they obviously benefit from its corruption due to its interest in self preservation. Speaking generally, cops are the oppressive government’s boot on everyone’s neck, that’s why people hate them.

You do realize the system is set up, and working perfectly, to shield cops from facing repercussions for stupid mistakes, and in this case murder,that happen on the job? No not all cops are murderers and awful people but POS like the one in this video had no business carrying a badge and shouldn't be walking around a free man.

Quite possibly the stupidest series of commands. Crawl towards me?

But hey all the officers fulfilled Rule #1 of LE.
And that #1 rule is the reason the people generally distrust and hate police. They take the job and they have the paint all over the patrol vehicles and in the lobby at the department "To Protect and Serve" but that doesn't mean protect and serve the people, it's to protect and serve themselves.

Take the murder of the detective in Baltimore who was just so conveniently going to testify AGAINST other police officers the VERY NEXT DAY.

Pigs will kill their own to keep themselves fat and happy. With cell phones now, the people can finally see what local lore enforcement is all about and of course, that's why pigs get so pissed off when you film them, even though they're public officials.

Damn, I just read about the Baltimore detective murder.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/3...to-finding-planted-drugs-authorities-say.html

With stuff like that, the multiple videos showing Baltimore cops planting drugs, and all the other corruptions within the department (see. Joe Crystal), the city wouldn’t be much worse off if they just disbanded the whole department. Clearly a large portion of them are violent criminals themselves.

I'm not sure where I've been around more cop haters. Here on NES or when I worked in a state prison. Here, I think.

That's because a good majority of us are already felons......... So technically you are talking about the same crowd. The difference is the ones in state prison have been prosecuted.

I would consider myself a stand up guy. I don't break laws and I don't go looking for trouble. Out of every interaction with the police, be it at a local or state level, I can only think maybe a few instances where I was treated like a human and not a POS. That is where my hatred stems from.

Most people I know have only had positive interactions with LE... so I don't know what the hell you guys are doing.

Mike

Since most people you know had positive interactions with cops,that leaves some people you know had bad interactions.

So maybe you can answer your own question..

So what the hell are some of your friends doing that had bad interactions with cops ?

Most people I know have only had positive interactions with LE... so I don't know what the hell you guys are doing.

Mike
I got rear ended once and didn't have my most up to date insurance card with me, so the cop made me get it from home and bring it to the station after he said he could write me a ticket for not having it. Same pig who refused to give me a physical BCI check so I could join a gun club and as a result I had to go down to Providence and pay 5 bucks for one.

Then the other time I called to have them serve my brother with a restraining order... only for them to take an hour to respond. That's when I started calling RI cops pork chops, because calling them pigs is insulting to swine as they actually do things. The pork chops in RI just sit on their ass like a pork chop in a grocery store and actually seem more abusive and hostile to people who called them than anyone actually committing a crime.

Cops in Mass I've had nothing but good interactions with. I don't know what the deal is here in RI, but I suspect that most of the cops here are mentally ill, probably un-diagnosed schizos and drug addicts. Also, can't rule out the "Cosa Nostra" with them. Whatever it is, they're absolute dog shit. Never had a positive interaction with a RI pork chop.

Since most people you know had positive interactions with cops,that leaves some people you know had bad interactions.

So maybe you can answer your own question..

So what the hell are some of your friends doing that had bad interactions with cops ?

Let's just say in some cases it may be deserved.

I'm not saying there aren't douches in LE, and I'm sure it varies by locality, but rarely do I meet someone who in general always has awful experiences with cops. This includes some extended family who were trouble makers as kids.

Mike

Let's just say in some cases it may be deserved.

I'm not saying there aren't douches in LE, and I'm sure it varies by locality, but rarely do I meet someone who in general always has awful experiences with cops. This includes some extended family who were trouble makers as kids.

Mike

But you have met people who, in general, always have awful experiences with cops?

Did you ever decide on being a cop yourself?

What a d-bag. Who shoots a drunk guy for stumbling while crawling? Not to mention you think he might be distracted by the rifle pointed at him and your overbearing demeanor?

But you have met people who, in general, always have awful experiences with cops?

Did you ever decide on being a cop yourself?

Yeah, and you can make the argument that LE should be above responding in any way different to people who are goading them/difficult. I certainly have some friends who are cops who stay completely level headed no matter how crazy people are being. That said, I don't fault someone for being a dick back to an a**h***... especially when they are in the right anyway. "I was going to give you a warning for speeding, but since you've rolled down your window one inch and handed me a card saying talk to your lawyer I'll just give you the ticket you earned, etc." Then people say they never get warnings -- well you were speeding/OUI, and you used up any discretion by being a dick. I don't know what to say to that. My friends from down south said LE is much more professional up here, and to be fair I haven't dealt with cops down south, except for in FL where they walked me to the front of the airport security line after talking about guns with me.

Haven't made any decisions RE going into an LE career or trying an LE career-- still trying to figure out how the next couple years of my life are looking and I'll go from there.

The only people I know making excuses for this guy are guys who are "police supporters," not cops.

Mike

No gun was found on the man’s body, although two pellet rifles related to his pest-control job were later found in his room.

"There are no winners in this case, but Mitch Brailsford had to make a split-second decision on a situation that he was trained to recognize as someone drawing a weapon and had one second to react," the former officer’s attorney Michael Piccarreta said."

Bullshit ! it's murder

For the first time in my life, I have felt racism. I would bet my kids life that if that kid was black there would have been a conviction.

If (God please forbid) if this were my kid that was executed, I would honestly, sincerely - without any doubt in my mind and without any hesitation whatsoever - I would, myself, hunt this despicable thug cop down, myself, and kill the steroid-infused f*cking Nazi THUG myself.

Slowly, excruciatingly painfully, torture and maim the scumball like he'd tortured (God forbid) my son before executing - MURDERING - my boy. And please, any cops or their defenders here, please spare me the f*cking bullsh*t apology / justification/explanation/excuse/whatever. I have cops in my family currently. My late uncle was my idol and he was a cop. My grandfather who I never knew was a cop. I have many MANY friends in law enforcement.

This cop in this video was a p*ssy cop who felt big, bad and tough cuz he's carrying a gun, and he probably had a (tiny) erection as he was ordering a defenseless CRYING human being to "obey"... This is now the single WORST example of jack-booted-THUGGERY that I have ever EVER seen, and I'd have the motherf*cker begging - BEGGING - me to please please PLEASE end his misery as I was pouring whatever acid was left over from the bucket that had just dissolved his (tiny) testicles into his f***ing eyeball.

I have never been more enraged by a "Cop video" than I am today, and I somehow honestly now feel that I understand why BLM and the angry, violent protesters across the country feel the way they do about these "racist" police.

We don't just have a "racist cops"/law enforcement racism problem in this country. We have a THUG WITH A GUN cop problem in this country. But I swear to all, on my grandmother's soul: if the MURDERED victim were (God forbid) my kid, this maggot wimp with (formerly) a badge would right now, as I type this, be weeping like the pansy that he truly usy, begging me to PLEASE put him out of his (justified) misery.

Simply DISGUSTING.

Every time I see a story like this, I lose more respect for the entire profession because of their inability to root out the scumbags.

Good cops get murdered or punished, and bad cops protect each other or do nothing. Meanwhile, innocent people are getting killed needlessly during traffic stops, no-knock warrants on wrong addresses, and over plants with medicinal benefits.

I have never been more enraged by a "Cop video" than I am today, and I somehow honestly now feel that I understand why BLM and the angry, violent protesters across the country feel the way they do about these "racist" police.

We don't just have a "racist cops"/law enforcement racism problem in this country. We have a THUG WITH A GUN cop problem in this country.

Wanna get really mad?

Read Rise of the Warrior Cop by Radley Balko. He discusses all sort of botched raids by SWAT teams, FBI and ATF and how they've grown and abused their authority on way too many occasions. I had to put it down because it was infuriating.
View: https://www.amazon.com/Rise-Warrior-Cop-Militarization-Americas/dp/1610394577

"There are no winners in this case, but Mitch Brailsford had to make a split-second decision on a situation that he was trained to recognize as someone drawing a weapon and had one second to react," the former officer’s attorney Michael Piccarreta said."
No, he had minutes to make a decision.

There was no reason for Brailsford to command all those hoops and loops. Shaver was on the ground, hands up, with a select-fire rifle pointed at him. Why Brailsford didn't use this opportunity to restrain him is beyond me. This (and the "you're f***ed" emblem on the rile) is why I believe this shooting was premeditated. It's unfortunate that the "reaching in waistband for a weapon" argument was strong enough to convince the jury that Brailsford was within his limits.

What a pussy. Could have walked up and cuffed him.
Guys drunk and scared obviously....Right hand reaches back to pull up his pants and he gets assassinated for it....His right hand is visibly empty when first shot is fired. Disgusting...

Last edited:
I've been thinking about how we can reduce these types of situations in the future. I can't say my ideas will stop every unjustified murder by police, but my ideas won't hurt.

1. I think all patrol officers need to be disarmed. A TASER, a billy club, a vest, and pepper spray are enough for a cop to protect himself. If we citizens have a duty to retreat when in a potentially violent situation, patrol cops should work under the same circumstances, unless they're serving a warrant.

2. All police and reserves should be drug tested on a weekly basis. This ensures that officers are not working under the influence of controlled substances or alcohol.

3. All police need to be held for 72 hour observation at a state hospital for mental illness screenings every 6 months. This helps to root out those in the profession who are mentally ill.

4. Mandatory life sentences for officers convicted of unjust use of lethal force.

5. Upon retirement or physical disability stemming from an injury received in the line of duty, law officers will need to be "re-trained" in "educational institutions" or camps. Since police forever believe that they have authority over civilians in everyday situations, the power trip traits that they picked up while serving will have to be stamped out. If after 90 days a former officer demonstrates that he is capable of behaving like a normal citizen, he's free to go about his business with all his pension benefits. If a former officer is unable to acclimate, he'll have to remain in these camps for 6 month periods until he's no longer a danger to others. As a result, his pension benefits will have to be put... on hold until he is finally able to be released safely into society.

Of course, this would create a burden on the families of the officer, but given that officers also likely train their families in tactics, they'll also be required to be placed in the re-education camps with the officer during the 90 day period. Some of the families will be allowed to bring their possessions, some not, but the safety of the public cannot be taken lightly.

And after all, cops choose to become police, so if they don't want to deal with any of this, don't join the force.

It's unfortunate that the "reaching in waistband for a weapon" argument was strong enough to convince the jury that Brailsford was within his limits.

If you follow a driver, any driver for a good distance (lets say 10 minutes) they will end up making a mistake. I don't care how good of a driver they are, they will end up making a small mistake. The police know this, and if they want to pull a vehicle over, just wait a few minutes and you can get them on some small infraction to investigate further. I believe the officer did just that here, bark commands at him until he messes up. Because he WILL mess up.

When I first saw this story, it was on yahoo I believe. They showed about 10 seconds of the clip just prior to the shooting. Without the first few minutes of his orders, the "he reached for the waistband" is a believable story.

There was no reason for Brailsford to command all those hoops and loops. Shaver was on the ground, hands up, with a select-fire rifle pointed at him. Why Brailsford didn't use this opportunity to restrain him is beyond me. This (and the "you're f***ed" emblem on the rile) is why I believe this shooting was premeditated. It's unfortunate that the "reaching in waistband for a weapon" argument was strong enough to convince the jury that Brailsford was within his limits.
Because stupid was with the jury. Stupid and blind

You can not disarm police! If you do, it will be the reason for the left to disarm everyone. As much as I depise the cop culture, they absolutely need guns. However, I have a much easier plan than yours. Just hold them accountable to the same degree as you and me. That way in there off time they can play out scenarios and strategize how to deescalate a situation as opposed to stategizing how to kill someone within the scopes of legal lethal force. Perhaps hero cop would put a phrase like " I want this to end well for all of us" instead of your fukked.

Simply DISGUSTING.[/QUOTE]
I've been thinking about how we can reduce these types of situations in the future. I can't say my ideas will stop every unjustified murder by police, but my ideas won't hurt.

1. I think all patrol officers need to be disarmed. A TASER, a billy club, a vest, and pepper spray are enough for a cop to protect himself. If we citizens have a duty to retreat when in a potentially violent situation, patrol cops should work under the same circumstances, unless they're serving a warrant.

2. All police and reserves should be drug tested on a weekly basis. This ensures that officers are not working under the influence of controlled substances or alcohol.

3. All police need to be held for 72 hour observation at a state hospital for mental illness screenings every 6 months. This helps to root out those in the profession who are mentally ill.

4. Mandatory life sentences for officers convicted of unjust use of lethal force.

5. Upon retirement or physical disability stemming from an injury received in the line of duty, law officers will need to be "re-trained" in "educational institutions" or camps. Since police forever believe that they have authority over civilians in everyday situations, the power trip traits that they picked up while serving will have to be stamped out. If after 90 days a former officer demonstrates that he is capable of behaving like a normal citizen, he's free to go about his business with all his pension benefits. If a former officer is unable to acclimate, he'll have to remain in these camps for 6 month periods until he's no longer a danger to others. As a result, his pension benefits will have to be put... on hold until he is finally able to be released safely into society.

Of course, this would create a burden on the families of the officer, but given that officers also likely train their families in tactics, they'll also be required to be placed in the re-education camps with the officer during the 90 day period. Some of the families will be allowed to bring their possessions, some not, but the safety of the public cannot be taken lightly.

And after all, cops choose to become police, so if they don't want to deal with any of this, don't join the force.

Man, I was feeling down today, I needed a good funny to lighten me up. If this is how you feel about cops, tell me how you feel about guys with PTSD from overseas?

Man, I was feeling down today, I needed a good funny to lighten me up. If this is how you feel about cops, tell me how you feel about guys with PTSD from overseas?
They are American heroes that need to be taken care of, not left to die in underfunded VA hospitals because a crooked cop needed his 500 grand a year pension instead.

They are American heroes that need to be taken care of, not left to die in underfunded VA hospitals because a crooked cop needed his 500 grand a year pension instead.

Show me one cop with a 500k pension, I'll show you the majority that retire with just enough to get by after 30 years.

But that does not answer my question, would you put someone displaying PTSD in a camp? How about PTSD that does not show up for years? How long would you hold a vet in a camp? Your rationale scares the bejesus out of me.

I'd personally like to see combat vets way better taken care of if they have issues, I'm just making a point. Some cop who never killed anyone, never had a complaint is put in a 'camp to concentrate' on his past, while someone who's obviously been through way more traumatic situations doesn't? I don't get the manifesto logic?

Back
Top Bottom