• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Daniel Defense refusing to ship uppers to MA

RandomBS

NES Member
I've decided to upgrade my AR recently and was set on getting a daniel defense M4A1 upper. According to their website FAQ they will ship URGs to ban states if you use their custom builder and select the option to pin and weld a muzzle brake. I attempted this however the website would not allow me to check out, giving me a message that the items were restricted for MA. In response I sent the following email.

"Hello, I read in your site FAQ under "Restrictions / NFA Items" that I would be able to order a custom URG with a welded muzzle brake and it would be ok to ship to Massachusetts. However, when I proceed to checkout it will not allow me to continue, I recieve a message saying my shipping location is restricted for this item. The upper reciever is not a firearm under mass law and the welded muzzle brake makes it fully AWB compliant. Is there any way I can order an URG from your website?"

I received this in response.

"XXX,
There are some states that will allow us to ship upper groups into, but MA is not one that our compliance team will allow. I'm very sorry! We just cannot ship directly to you.

You may want to try Western Sport and see if they have the DD item you want and maybe they can ship it."

So it seems they are so scared of MA they refuse to ship items that are not even firearms. Of course ironically I could simply order all the parts from them separately and assemble it myself. It looks like I may be forced to do this or find an out of state dealer that will order it for me. Fair warning to anyone out there planning on giving business to DD.

BCM is doing this shit too, not a surprise. IIRC there were at least a couple dealers here that chimed in on these threads that offered to obtain product for
people if needed or at least help facilitate WRT unregulated AR parts. (which is what an upper is).

-Mike

That sucks
LMT shipped me a couple of uppers last year.
Hopefully they are still good to go.

Daniel Defence shipped me an upper last month. I told them I had a 94 pre ban lower and it was no problem.

As a matter of fact, I got the lower through the NRA instructor program and got 30% off the MSRP

Last edited:
There are some states that will allow us to ship upper groups into, but MA is not one that our compliance team will allow. I'm very sorry! We just cannot ship directly to you.

Don't you love how they just lie directly into your face. Simply not true.

Funny how it isn't ok for them, but they suggest someone else ship it instead?

What a bunch of @$$holes.

I've decided to upgrade my AR recently and was set on getting a daniel defense M4A1 upper. According to their website FAQ they will ship URGs to ban states if you use their custom builder and select the option to pin and weld a muzzle brake. I attempted this however the website would not allow me to check out, giving me a message that the items were restricted for MA. In response I sent the following email.

"Hello, I read in your site FAQ under "Restrictions / NFA Items" that I would be able to order a custom URG with a welded muzzle brake and it would be ok to ship to Massachusetts. However, when I proceed to checkout it will not allow me to continue, I recieve a message saying my shipping location is restricted for this item. The upper reciever is not a firearm under mass law and the welded muzzle brake makes it fully AWB compliant. Is there any way I can order an URG from your website?"

I received this in response.

"XXX,

You may want to try Western Sport and see if they have the DD item you want and maybe they can ship it."

So it seems they are so scared of MA they refuse to ship items that are not even firearms. Of course ironically I could simply order all the parts from them separately and assemble it myself. It looks like I may be forced to do this or find an out of state dealer that will order it for me. Fair warning to anyone out there planning on giving business to DD.

They are not scared, it's a matter of not wanting any current or future aggravation.

Aren't we supposed to still be pissed off at DD for supporting gun control or some shit? I can't keep track anymore, the list is too long.
Their CEO was pushing for the fix NICS bill to expand background checks.

Aren't we supposed to still be pissed off at DD for supporting gun control or some shit? I can't keep track anymore, the list is too long.
yep. collectively, we're pissed off and boycotting pretty near everyone. it would be easier now to publish who we like and sanction doing business with but we got that first rule of fight club to respect, so.......

Why be mad at a company over your states stupid lawrs and policies?? Just send it to a friends house in NH and be done with it.

You couldn't give me their overpriced stuff …. I'm sure it's good... but why pay for a name, when you can have the same for a fraction of their pricing. There are plenty of other uppers out there that can be shipped here at a fraction of DD's price. How can we support a company that does not stand behind us. I build my own uppers, using quality parts from companies that will send their product here. Green Mountain barrels, Diamondhead handguards, sites and muzzle brakes.. etc..

I'm betting healy personally sent letters to all the major manufacturers threatening them with lawsuits if they ship any type of AR components to MA.

I'm betting healy personally sent letters to all the major manufacturers threatening them with lawsuits if they ship any type of AR components to MA.

If they had any balls they would post any threatening letters they received to back up their false claims. Otherwise they are just being pussies.

they are not lying their lawyers are basically saying we dont make enough money from massachusetts to bother to know the laws and regulations.
the upper is not regulated or even a firearm per both federal or mass law.
it will get worse before it gets better with distributors.

When i asked for a price on a 458 upper:
"Kevin Hutchison (Wilson Combat Support)
Oct 16, 08:57 CDT
Hi Jason:

Thanks for writing.

I'm sorry but we do not sell firearms to residents of MA.

Hope you have a good week.
"

If you want a 458, talk to Tromix. Can't say enough good things about my experience with the .458 barrel I bought from them so far.

they are not lying their lawyers are basically saying we dont make enough money from massachusetts to bother to know the laws and regulations.
the upper is not regulated or even a firearm per both federal or mass law.
it will get worse before it gets better with distributors.

Maybe the easy answer is they've chosen not to support the state and don't want to cut a check for the sales tax.

even if DD uppers were easily available i wouldn't support that turd. there are plenty of high quality 2A supporting manufacturers out there. and if really bent on a DD upper, I'm sure many FFLs both inside and outside MA would be able to help you.

They did not lie.

DD spoke the truth when they stated that their compliance team would not ship to MA. They did not state doing so was illegal.

If they want to write is off then respond in kind. That's really all you can do. f*** em. Too bad because I have a couple of their uppers and I like them. But they're not the only show in town...

Just when other companies are starting to get back into this state, shipping ammo which actually requires a.license, etc. . DD is going in the wrong direction. Their loss.

Back
Top Bottom