dangit! generator won't start

falcon123

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah I did and ran some Mechanic in a Bottle through it. So naturally all that trouble means we didn't lose power so I haven't needed it (your welcome, So. NH).

It'll stay running if choked, but when the choke lets off it dies. So I'm going to pull the carb and clean it properly. Just waiting for a rebuild kit to come in.

If it's dying without the choke, then your jets are plugged up. Use fine nylon bristles from an old brush to try to clean them. Never use wire.

rep308

NES Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
This is why I put gas stabilizer in all the fuel, everytime, that I use in my power equipment. I learned by buying a new carb for my leaf blower.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
If you want the part ASAP, Milford Power Equipment or County stores most likely has it in stock, then you can keep the one you ordered as a back up for next time, or give me the generator and buy a new one [smile]

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This is why I put gas stabilizer in all the fuel, everytime, that I use in my power equipment. I learned by buying a new carb for my leaf blower.
I've never had trouble with a leaf blower or lawnmower and don't drain the fuel. Snowblowers, on the other hand. seem to get mucked up much more easily for reasons I don't understand.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Yeah I did and ran some Mechanic in a Bottle through it. So naturally all that trouble means we didn't lose power so I haven't needed it (your welcome, So. NH).

It'll stay running if choked, but when the choke lets off it dies. So I'm going to pull the carb and clean it properly. Just waiting for a rebuild kit to come in.
You don't need a kit. Just pull the main jet and clean out the tiny hole in it. You will find what looks like a little bit of jello in it. I have fixed so many small engines that wont run without the choke by cleaning out this hole.

Top Bottom