• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dangerous and unconstitutional: NJ governor bans sale of insurance to gun owners

wasn't forcing every gun owner to get insurance one of the things the left wanted? now they don't?

it seems like they want the threat of sueing every gun owner who ever has to defend themselves to hopefully discourage people from buying guns...

Different kinds of insurance. Anti-gunners have called for insurance schemes that pay victims of gun violence. CarryGuard is a legal defense insurance fund.

Show me anywhere in any advertisement or policy that any of these companies "encourage" gun use? Nobody wants to be caught up in a situation where they're forced to use their gun in a self-defense situation. My understanding is that these policies help provide funding for legal defense when forced to shoot to stop a threat. No company would ever pay out for the ILLEGAL use of a gun in the commission of a crime. That's preposterous.

Maybe I am mistaken, but when I read the article, the issue was that companies like USCCA were selling insurance without classifying themselves as a seller of insurance, therefore bypassing NJ's insurance laws and regulations.

The core issue is not in 2A, although the governer is certainly putting that spin on it.

These companies should grow a set of balls and refuse to sell to the State of New Jersey. When the Governor and politicians realize their personal body guards and the police can't get ammo or replacement parts for their guns, I bet they might rethink their position.
This.

Is there anything else that the government dictates cannot be insured by a private insurance company?

Honest question... I can't think of anything but don't know.

I, for one, feel much safer that if a gang-banger shoots me in Joisey, I'm screwed and if I get hit by a stray round from a CCW that is protecting his family, I can't even collect on that either. Good job, Joisey.
Not the issue.

The issue is not liability insurance for gun owners, but insurance that pays their legal fees so they are not "presumed innocent but financially ruined".

These companies should grow a set of balls and refuse to sell to the State of New Jersey. When the Governor and politicians realize their personal body guards and the police can't get ammo or replacement parts for their guns, I bet they might rethink their position.

This.

Each and every company that deals with firearms, their components, accessories for them, or ammunition to feed them should flat out refuse to do any and all business with this or any other state that pulls sheet like this

Don't underestimate their greed. They would sell out their own mothers for that contract.

Not the issue.

The issue is not liability insurance for gun owners, but insurance that pays their legal fees so they are not "presumed innocent but financially ruined".
I wonder how this would affect armored car crews and others who work armed security? Some of these companies require employees to supply their own firearm and duty belt. Loomis is one example.

Is there anything else that the government dictates cannot be insured by a private insurance company?
Yes. You generally cannot buy insurance that will pay government imposed fines and penalties.
I wonder how this would affect armored car crews and others who work armed security? Some of these companies require employees to supply their own firearm and duty belt. Loomis is one example.
Do you really think these $15/hour types are given a contract guaranteeing full coverage for any use a firearm in their job, and representation of them, rather that the employer, as the client to whom the attorney owes his/her professional obligations?
Don't underestimate their greed. They would sell out their own mothers for that contract.
Time for you to go out drinking with Ronnie Barrett or Mark Serbu.

Murphy’s executive order also directed state officials to ask all gun makers or retailers to reveal whether they have adopted best practices to reduce gun violence, and to find out how they screen for straw purchasers, firearms traffickers, and people who have been banned from owning or purchasing firearms.
AmbitiousUnequaledHydra-size_restricted.gif

Just last week a recruiter tried to interest me in a position in Hoboken. I guess I’ll have to turn her down.

Well, actually, I turned her down right away, but still...
Too bad.
You coulda been a contender.

We really need to begin, in earnest, discussions about ejecting states from the "Union" .
The only problem with that is if it happened, China would swoop right in with huge sums of money to buy the politicians.

Put me in charge.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: SacBee: Wanna get away? Calexit secession plan possible, but faces huge hurdles
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 15:17:32 -0500
To: <The Bride>, <Posse>

Not a link to the Onion:

Sacramento Bee: Wanna get away? Calexit secession plan possible, but faces huge hurdles

Puh-leeze.

Talk about severing a gangrenous limb. If California is dissatisfied with its 90% completion status of becoming a third-world hellhole, I'd rather they finished the job without being one of the 50 states.

Here's some conditions off of the top of my head:

* Anyone who doesn't promptly emigrate loses their US citizenship one
year after the secession amendment passes.
** Note: crimaliens who snuck across the border in San Diego will be
dumped back on California - not Mexico.

* No nuclear umbrella.
** No nuclear secrets -
the national labs get cleaned out down to the wallboard.

** A condition on being allowed to leave is to become a non-nuclear
state under the Nuclear Proliferation Treaty.

NFW are some Stanford, Caltech or Berkeley professors allowed to gin up an A-Bomb when they suddenly discover that the Norks painted a target on the Golden Gate bridge.

I trust India, even France with the Bomb far more than I'd ever trust California.

* No Uncle Sugar to-the-rescue when the Big One hits,
killing 10 million and making another 30 million homeless.
Bono and Cher can headline a quakeathon to pay for tents and Perrier.

Lol. I like this plan. Don't forget closure and moving of all military bases off the new foreign soil, and then extending the Mexican wall up the new California boundary.

Lol. I like this plan. Don't forget closure and moving of all military bases off the new foreign soil, and then extending the Mexican wall up the new California boundary.
Absolutely to all of that.
Now you're making me worry I have a more
comprehensive rant elsewhere.
Wouldn't be in EMail to some disjoint group.
A blog reader comment? I'll never find it there.
Damn...

But Great Minds Run In The Same Channel.
The NES hive mind could cons up a good first draft in no time.

Logically, prohibiting legal insurance is the same as prohibiting a health insurance company from paying a claim for emergency treatment if the injured party has been accused, but not yet convicted of, a crime that resulted in their need for medical treatment.

Both the need for medical treatment, as well as the need to hire an attorney, are consequences of possibly legal behavior that are allegedly not considered a "punishment" by the legal system.

NFW are some Stanford, Caltech or Berkeley professors allowed to gin up an A-Bomb when they suddenly discover that the Norks painted a target on the Golden Gate bridge.
That's not how it would work.

The profs would have their grad students gin up the bomb, then they would take credit for it. Similar to how a grad student who makes a significant discovery is very, very lucky if the professor holding the keys to his/her degree allows the student to be listed as a co-author on the paper (s)he wrote.

That's not how it would work.

The profs would have their grad students gin up the bomb, then they would take credit for it. Similar to how a grad student who makes a significant discovery is very, very lucky if the professor holding the keys to his/her degree allows the student to be listed as a co-author on the paper (s)he wrote.
The point is to make the labs subject to no-knock raids
by Texans in blue UN helmets claiming to be enforcing the NPT.

Sauce for the gander.

I, for one, feel much safer that if a gang-banger shoots me in Joisey, I'm screwed and if I get hit by a stray round from a CCW that is protecting his family, I can't even collect on that either. Good job, Joisey.
Not the issue at all. What NJ is targeting is insurance the covers the legal defense costs of the CCW holder; not insurance protecting other by paying for the civil judgments.

Back
Top Bottom