Dang, she asked THAT question!

tinhorn

NES Member
“How much do we have invested in guns?”

Y'see, I was on Cloud Nine after receiving the brand-new, stainless New Bearcat that Ruger sent me after I'd sent them the POS “excellent, perfect condition” Super Bearcat I'd bought on GB from Red's Trading Post in Idaho. (When I sent it to Ruger for the safety upgrade, they told me the Super Bearcat was irreparable but they'd replace it FOR FREE with a new gun. They even upgraded to a stainless one at no charge.)

So I'm tickled at owning a thousand-dollar revolver (current MSRP) that I have maybe $450 sunk into. That's when she asked THE question. Fortunately, we've had too many experiences with listening devices—phones, smart TV, who knows what else—that she immediately followed up with “Where's my phone?”, allowing me to dodge the question.

Sometimes I think I lead a charmed life.

My wife gets pissed when I use spam cans to keep basement doors open
lmao this made me laugh because I used boxes of HST 45 as door stops for a couple years after we moved in. It was what I had at the time that had a good weight to it. I still use them on a bathroom door and hallway door 4 years later. My better half never asks me how much I spend on my gear and I never question her on her purchases.

Invested? The ROI really isn’t that great if you buy guns for personal use and sell them later. Gun are more like Bonds and Precious Metals.

And ammo? Kind of like investing in beer - you piss away the product and save the cans. But there’s no hangover!

I got a similar question once. Of course everyone knows that most 1911s are about $150/each, and the vintage ones are even less. .22 rifles are about $100, 9mm EDCs are typically $125, and M1 Garands are about $200, as I remember. Naturally, I got them on sale so all of them were much less.

I got a similar question once. Of course everyone knows that most 1911s are about $150/each, and the vintage ones are even less. .22 rifles are about $100, 9mm EDCs are typically $125, and M1 Garands are about $200, as I remember. Naturally, I got them on sale so all of them were much less.
Dude you paid too much! Always remember the coupons! And don't forget raffles!

Back
Top Bottom