Dan Wesson new handgun, the DWX!

That's not as bad as I thought it was going to be, because you take the cut off MSRP and that's probably like a $1500 gun, or less.

-Mike

Anything under $2000 these days is not that bad. I realize it’s all relative, but you got guys paying 3 or 4 grand for high end stuff.

Great!Christmas is coming. Which one of you is getting me this for Christmas? Never mind! I like surprises, so either one of you can surprise me! [smile]

Yes. And $4000 is no longer considered a high end price.

Some of these are getting to the point where you expect them to be reviewed in the Robb Report.
I've seen many "shooters" show up at a steel plate match with over $5k of hardware (including the belt and magnetic holster even though it's not a holster draw match) and post well over 6 seconds for a 6 plate rack and have 2 or 3 plates still standing. On one of these occasions the next guy up was about 65 years old shooting an ancient model 19 revolver and posted about a 3.5 clean.

Last edited:
I've seen many "shooters" show up at a steel plate match with over $5k of hardware (including the belt and magnetic holster even though it's not a holster draw match) and post well over 6 seconds for a 6 plate rack and have 2 or 3 plates still standing. On one of these occasions the next guy up was about 65 years old shooting an ancient model 19 revolver and posted about a 3.5 clean.

So what? Its good for the economy and good for the industry to have as many people involved as possible. Let them buy what they want, worry about yourself and your own equipment. This sport pushes way more people out of it than it brings in with big dick syndrome. I almost didn't get into guns because some Glock-soyboy said every other gun I liked was junk.

Yes, but, who cares? I knew a plumber like that who always showed up with like 3 grand+ worth of new crap whenever he shot, but he never bragged about it. It was because he liked buying different guns. Nice guy. Kept my gunsmith busy too at the time....

-Mike

So what? Its good for the economy and good for the industry to have as many people involved as possible. Let them buy what they want, worry about yourself and your own equipment. This sport pushes way more people out of it than it brings in with big dick syndrome. I almost didn't get into guns because some Glock-soyboy said every other gun I liked was junk.
I say many people get pushed out of the sport before they start because they are under the impression they need to spend thousands to get going.

My point is......you don't need to spend that kind of cash or put yourself in cc debt to shoot steel plates at far below even amateur level.

Buy whatever they want.....of course.....but I'll still chuckle a little on the inside when I see tons of cash spent on high end equipment when a guy can't even knock all the plates down at 25 feet.

Yes, but, who cares? I knew a plumber like that who always showed up with like 3 grand+ worth of new crap whenever he shot, but he never bragged about it. It was because he liked buying different guns. Nice guy. Kept my gunsmith busy too at the time....

-Mike
In all truth I don't really care. Yet I do find it humorous. If that makes me a terrible person.....so be it.

I say many people get pushed out of the sport before they start because they are under the impression they need to spend thousands to get going.

My point is......you don't need to spend that kind of cash or put yourself in cc debt to shoot steel plates at far below even amateur level.

Buy whatever they want.....of course.....but I'll still chuckle a little on the inside when I see tons of cash spent on high end equipment when a guy can't even knock all the plates down at 25 feet.

That happens at a lot of levels though... and it's pretty rare that someone will suggest something expensive to someone interested in uspsa or steel challenge etc... the fact that some people are running a 5k rig is pretty irrelevant, particularly given at the ground floor the shooters biggest opponent is themselves....

If I can afford to buy nice stuff for a hobby I enjoy, then I’m happy. And yes I suck but am enjoying myself. And I don’t brag about anything because, well, I suck.
Same. LMAO. I just want top have fun. Shit, I'm shooting centerfire league with a 9mm 1911 (and am currently #8 out of 16) and having a blast. It's definitely not a high competition league, and there is much ball busting.

Would love one.
Price is a big hindrance considering what the shadow 2's and target 2's go for, or for what an 01 goes for after "cajunizing it".
Do like the concept though.

Is there a cz/ d.w. dealer in mass at all?
Or is it a a "used" find on the w.t.s.?

None of the CZ/DW pistols are MA compliant so you won't find an legit/authorized CZ/DW dealer in this state (aside from a CZ long gun dealer). But it's easy enough to acquire one through other means (which shouldn't be discussed publicly).

None of the CZ/DW pistols are MA compliant so you won't find an legit/authorized CZ/DW dealer in this state (aside from a CZ long gun dealer). But it's easy enough to acquire one through other means.

In MA it's a "pick up the phone and talk to your friends in confidence" gun.

-Mike

Would love one.
Price is a big hindrance considering what the shadow 2's and target 2's go for, or for what an 01 goes for after "cajunizing it".
Do like the concept though.

Tough to say. I shoot an Edge in 45 better than an S2. Now when you suck this is all splitting hairs of course. But the DW sure looks nice and I’ve wanted a 1911 in 9mm so this looks promising. Otherwise, I would just get an STI in 9, which is same price range. Toys, toys, toys!

None of the CZ/DW pistols are MA compliant so you won't find an legit/authorized CZ/DW dealer in this state (aside from a CZ long gun dealer). But it's easy enough to acquire one through other means (which shouldn't be discussed publicly).

The duck flies east at midnight whilst the bulldog dollops daintily through the tulips,if you know what I mean

Back
Top Bottom