• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dan wesson blued .357 magnum info/help!?!?

Hello all, im new to this forum and this is my first post, im looking for some info on a Dan wesson .357 magnum 6" vented barrel. I bought this gun a few years back because i had never seen one before and it was different. I really dont know all that much about Dan wesson guns so i brought it to Larocca gun works in worcester Ma and had him go through the gun and freshen it up and also had a new barrel nut installed. He told me it was a nice peice, and im just looking for some more information on the gun. Like what year is it from? What model is it?

Here are some pictures, hopefully someone can give me some insight as the what i have here.
Thanks in advance!

Doug
danwesson5.jpg

danwesson4.jpg

danwesson3.jpg

danwesson2.jpg

danwesson1.jpg

Last edited:
That's a very nice gun! Lots of information about them..just google Dan Wesson Forum and start reading up on it. Yours is also from the Monson MA facility which is reputedly the best of the manufacturers. Barrels can be swapped out easily though it is not easy to find different barrel lengths at an affordable price. Get to the range and be prepared to be pleased with the accuracy of these guns too, I'm shooting a 2" barrel at 50 feet with about a 2 to 3" inch group. If it starts turning plum or purple color, don't worry, many do and it's imply cosmetic. Owners refer to these as "Barneys"

It's a model 15-2.. looks to be 1982 vintage. You can still get barrels and shrouds from Dan Wesson and EWK Arms. Errik at EWK makes a really nice wrench, fiber optic sights and barrels/shrouds. Definitely check out the Dan Wesson Forum.
Here's my 15-2 with EWK 4"Extra Heavy shroud. I also have a 6"VH and 8"VH
IMG_0589.jpg

Last edited:
If anyone is interested in purchasing one of these, I've got a pretty minty 15VH pistol pack (4 barrels) I'm selling for a friend.

I had a 15VH 6" for 30 years, met Dan Wesson at an IHMSA shoot at Curtis Guild in the late 70's. Paid $88 for it new, $32 for a 2-1/2" barrel.
The thing was a tack driver, loved it....sold it to Fred a few years ago.

Good trivia, early Dan Wesson's were issued to the FBI. It's also the gun used by Tyne Daly in 'The Enforcer'.

Back
Top Bottom