Damnit I think I lost my Kershaw

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Maybe your leek is hanging out with my leek that I lost in the fall. Maybe during spring cleanup I will find it. I liked that thing a lot except for when the blades opened in my pocket and the tip sliced my thumb open. I may look elsewhere when I finally get another one
I always carry with the blade against the seam so this doesn't happen, especially on tip up carry. You do know that the Leek has what is essentially a safety, so it won't open, right?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All this damn knife talk made me go and buy one...damn you guys. What are you guys and gals gonna talk me into buying next a 50BMG?

I will give the Kershaw Leek a looksie.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a weirdo so i've been looking at a CRKT Graphite to replace my gerber descent II. The descent is a slow to open because the nut that keeps it hard to open is also the way you prevent blade play.

stinger35

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I always carry with the blade against the seam so this doesn't happen, especially on tip up carry. You do know that the Leek has what is essentially a safety, so it won't open, right?
That safety usually breaks after a year, but I've never had it open in my pocket.

In God We Trust

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I guess I shouldn't mention that I've already broken down a few boxes with it and and I've used it to cut open some hay bales this morning.
There was a YouTube video made by a guy that had carried a Halo daily for a couple years and used it pretty hard. The knife held up and still worked fine.

It's your money man, I just personally look at a knife like that as a work of art and couldn't bear to hurt it

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
There was a YouTube video made by a guy that had carried a Halo daily for a couple years and used it pretty hard. The knife held up and still worked fine.

It's your money man, I just personally look at a knife like that as a work of art and couldn't bear to hurt it
Yeah I think I saw that one, guy worked on a boat or the docks. I saw another video of a guy batonning through 2x6's with his. I'll never go that crazy. That's what my Striders are for ;)

I love the urban camo pattern on yours. I'd probably never use it either. A plain satin/black doesn't have much character.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
making use of it seems reasonable to me...to buy an expensive tool to just to look at doesn't...but to each their own...if that's what you like to collect then have at it...no different than baseball cards

In God We Trust

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
making use of it seems reasonable to me...to buy an expensive tool to just to look at doesn't...but to each their own...if that's what you like to collect then have at it...no different than baseball cards
Yeah I am a collector. I have a few knives that I actually use, but I have so many that I will never have to dig into the high end ones.

I have more money in knives than I do in guns probably. I used to be proud of my collection, now it's at the point where it's almost shameful [emoji23]

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Saw your earlier post. I am actually shopping for a Sebenza for my buddy's 50th. Trying to talk myself out of getting 2.
Do it. You'll never regret it. I promise. Even if you decide the knife isn't you for, you can sell it and your only loss will be the cost of shipping.

jasonj84

NES Member
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Do it. You'll never regret it. I promise. Even if you decide the knife isn't you for, you can sell it and your only loss will be the cost of shipping.
I have pretty much already talked myself into it anyway. But thanks for the peer pressure! I will blame you when my wife starts bitching [smile]

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah I am a collector. I have a few knives that I actually use, but I have so many that I will never have to dig into the high end ones.

I have more money in knives than I do in guns probably. I used to be proud of my collection, now it's at the point where it's almost shameful [emoji23]
Lol...a lot of people have collections...I know a guy that collects chainsaws...another that collects used wood burning stoves...they are all around his yard outside but he doesn't burn in them...so at least your collection isn't taking up a ton of space or making your yard look bad...I really want to find someone who has a really weird collection...like toilets or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So one Kershaw that I can 100% recommend is the CQC-6K. Or anything that's an Emerson collab really.

I've had my 6k for like 2 years just sitting in a drawer. Last night I decided to regrind the blade into a Bowie and spruce it up a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone have a good suggestion for an inexpensive and compact set of small to extra small allen wrenches? My 4yo bent the belt clip on my Kershaw and I need to take it off to bend it back into place. And of course, none of my allen wrenches are small enough.

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.4%
61   1   0
Anyone have a good suggestion for an inexpensive and compact set of small to extra small allen wrenches? My 4yo bent the belt clip on my Kershaw and I need to take it off to bend it back into place. And of course, none of my allen wrenches are small enough.
I bought individual ones (originally for cell phone disassembly, but worked on Kershaw) at Sears back when they sold tools. Unsure if they still do or not. Otherwise check out Harbor Freight.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
What really sucks is when you lose a knife you really like and you have no idea what the model is. I lost a Kershaw that I've carried for about 10 years. Do you have any idea how many different knives they make? It's also probable, considering my luck in such matters, that it's no longer in production. Every knife I've tried since, no matter the initial impression, is just a cash drain.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Bondhus allens, and I'm quite happy with them. $20 for a full set of metric and SAE, and they're made in the US.

http://www.amazon.com/Bondhus-20199...d=1464349207&sr=1-6&keywords=allen+wrench+set

rogzballz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I've purchased many Kershaw knives from all over the price spectrum, my favorite EDC is the Vapor II ... I don't even like the Vapor III for some reason ...

Top Bottom