• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Damn you cabelas

Stopped by cabelas after work looking to pick up a stock and grip for a new sbr build and made the mistake of walking by the optics. This ended up following me home.
New Vortex Strike eagle 1-8x24
IMG_7087.jpg
IMG_7082.jpg
Couldn't believe they had it in stock considering I can't even find any reviews or anything online yet. Had a $20 coupon so it came to $429 (they have it priced at $449). Anyway it looks nice so far. Definitely not an exact 1x but pretty damn close. Reticle looks bright and usable. Hopefully I'll be able to get to the range this weekend and test it out.

Last edited:
Very nice. I think that 1-8x model is the brand new strike eagle.

cabelas usually doesnt have much sales on vortex stuff, im assuming because it needs no help selling. I picked up two higher end leupold scopes there on sale for ~ $400 below online prices. I think the local staff are able to mark down specific stock to make room or something, because occasionally you can find an absurd good price on higher end glass.

That is a cool looking mount. What is it and where did you get it?
It's a Chinese knockoff of an American defense mount. Got it for $30 on dhgate lol. I actually wouldn't hesitate to buy another. I've used it on my scar17 and it locks up nice and solid and holds zero. It has locking qd levers on the opposite side that you can't see.

Back
Top Bottom