Dallas Shooting Thread

I think if blame is to be placed for the climate, it goes to the media. I think all said and done Obama has actually been pretty good on trying to walk the line between respect for law enforcement and identifying issues with law enforcement as well.

The media makes the most peaceful time in decades look like armageddon. Most of the country isnt able to see through this, so they believe it and react as people controlled by the media will.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

Da fuq? Didn't see Ol Barry chiming in on the 19 year old white kid who got killed by cops. Don't recall him waiting to see the results on mike brown or professor gates. Dude has set race back decades in this country. 5 cops killed and he doesn't even get a minute into the speech before he's yapping about gun control. The guy literally has the biggest pulpit in the world and could do so much to bridge the gap.

I think if blame is to be placed for the climate, it goes to the media. I think all said and done Obama has actually been pretty good on trying to walk the line between respect for law enforcement and identifying issues with law enforcement as well.

The media makes the most peaceful time in decades look like armageddon. Most of the country isnt able to see through this, so they believe it and react as people controlled by the media will.

Mike

Not buying this, Mike. He has a long history of commenting on things that he should not, and before the facts are in. Remember the beer summit, Trayvon being "his son," MO, etc. He needs to lead, not incite.

Barry has no right to chime in at all. His drone program has killed more inocent civilians than all the mass shootings in the USA since 1984.

micah-x-johnson-2.jpg

Micah X. Johnson

10463973_720553121335709_8284552002292891731_n2-e1467990446918.jpg

Last edited:
Thats fair, he could do more to highlight its not only a racial thing. Lets not forget though, that violent crime has been dropping the last few decades, and there have been reforms in law enforcement that are good for everyone. I am by no means an Obama fan, but these recent events make it hard for me to see how it could be handled better without saying law enforcement needs to do whatever they can to get home at night.

Mike

Da fuq? Didn't see Ol Barry chiming in on the 19 year old white kid who got killed by cops. Don't recall him waiting to see the results on mike brown or professor gates. Dude has set race back decades in this country. 5 cops killed and he doesn't even get a minute into the speech before he's yapping about gun control. The guy literally has the biggest pulpit in the world and could do so much to bridge the gap.

After seeing what happened with Hill-skank this week its mind numbing that this ass clown actually thinks by signing a LAW ( Heavy emphasis on law ) that many are just gonna pony up and say here take my guns because you said so lol...this is where the whole liberal mental disorder thing comes into play lol

And a dozen black men were likely shot to death by other blacks in Chicago last night and probably a dozen more will be this weekend.....

The initial reports are that the guy in Atlanta is a suicide.......the deaths in Chicago are not.

60 people shot in Chicago over the weekend, the people have lost respect for the rule of law. Once politicions create this environment it can take generations to get it back. Sad deal is that good men are going to die because of the rules of corrupt politicions.

***So tell us what brought this on? Black kids are slaughtering themselves daily and it's the Cops fault? How about blaming the lamestream media for hyping Cop shootings and down playing black on black violent crime in Chicago, Detroit, Roxbury, etc.

This is one of the more ignorant statements I read so far in this thread.

I'll preface my comments with the disclaimer that I in no way condone what happened last night and the murder of police officers is in no way a rational solution to the issue.

Having said that, in what world do you not think the police have any culpability in the current climate of mis-trust and dislike of the police in general? There have been far too many instances of cops f*cking up on the job with the cop trying to lie his way out of the mess and cover his ass? While some degree of this behavior would be considered human nature, the level in which it occurs seems to be a systemic problem compounded by the reluctance of the so-called "good cops" to stand up and do the right thing.

It's not that good cops intend to be "bad". The behavior is part of the larger systemic and cultural issues with the police in general. If a good cop stands up, tells the truth and condemns the bad behavior of fellow officers, the good cop is the one who is ostracized by the "brotherhood".

Just maybe that reflexive lying to cover your ass creates an atmosphere where it's hard to believe the "in fear for my safety" claims made by officers when a shooting is even remotely questionable?

shooter ID'd as Micah Xaviar Johnson...25yo recluse, with no criminal record

Recluse? Another lifestyle "catagory" to be demonized.

That's like saying he drank water regularly. There are plenty of people who live fairly solitary lives, many of whom live in big populated cities and their only respite from the concrete jungle is to stay in most of the time.

2 male suspects and one female in custody.
1 suspect killed.

now basically being reported as " lone gunman "

Par for the course. Pretty much every one of these things starts off with 3 people, 2 people, guy in camo seen leaving the area, muscular white men with backpacks, etc. I guess a lot of it can be written off as fog-of-war stuff, but there always seems to be others in on it until one guy ends up dead, then its all on him. Maybe my tinfoil's too tight.

So it went from multiple snipers to multiple suspects to a lone wolf shooter? The media really needs to STFU until they know the facts. They've really become no different than my nosey uncle with his conspiracy theories about his neighbors...

So it went from multiple snipers to multiple suspects to a lone wolf shooter? The media really needs to STFU until they know the facts. They've really become no different than my nosey uncle with his conspiracy theories about his neighbors...

the media uses the "it's a very fluid situation" excuse to spout off all sorts of wrong info. basically they say whatever is the scariest for the sheep viewers.

what's scarier? "lone gunman" or "multiple snipers in tactical gear with high power rifles"

so the media blabs about the latter under the protection of "the situation is very fluid". all BS.

- - - Updated - - -

And an army reservist.

Mike

so sad for all the victims and the perpetrator as well. he was a young man. handsome and had his whole future ahead of him. instead he drinks some hatred koolaid and destroys his own life along with so many others. i'm sorry i just find the whole thing terribly depressing.

the media uses the "it's a very fluid situation" excuse to spout off all sorts of wrong info. basically they say whatever is the scariest for the sheep viewers.

what's scarier? "lone gunman" or "multiple snipers in tactical gear with high power rifles"

so the media blabs about the latter under the protection of "the situation is very fluid". all BS.

Ratings = money from advertisers. Its a money game.

Not buying this, Mike. He has a long history of commenting on things that he should not, and before the facts are in. Remember the beer summit, Trayvon being "his son," MO, etc. He needs to lead, not incite.

Agree entirely. The media is certainly complicit, but Obama has done nothing except worsen/heighten racial tensions in the US. In another thread, I mentioned how odd it is that BLM should blame White conservative Christians for the problem of police brutality. Then we see one of these shooters saying he wanted to kill white people.

The logic seems to be something along the lines of: White conservatives are against gun control, the police carry guns, therefore the fact that police shoot black people is caused by White people. What?!?

The reality is - as evidenced by the opinions on this forum - most people are concerned about police brutality and abuse of power, most of us denounce these shootings when it is clear or appears to be an inappropriate use of force, and most of us do not harbor overt racist tendencies(everything is situational, imo.)

So how do you end up in a situation where a black guy(I am assuming) starts shooting white cops, and saying he wants to kill white people, because a Hispanic police officer kills a black motorist?

I reckon guns are the problem, and my head hurts.

The sad part is, if you can sift through the BS, misinformation, wrong information, and lies, there also tends to be the best and most truthful information mixed in. The tough part is figuring out which is which. After the fact it is almost always white washed and tailored to an agenda, one that isn't relevant to the truth.

'It's a very fluid situation' = 'We have no idea what is happening, but our ratings are off the chart and we dare not stop broadcasting, so we will gladly report patently false information heard in the bathroom'.

Anyone remember the song Dirty Laundry? And that was 30-something years ago before interwebs.

Back
Top Bottom