• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dallas Shooting Thread

What "home base to run operations " do you need? A bunker with maps and comms and sand tables for the country?
A concentrated "civil war" wont happen in this country, even if shtf, because no one would agree to the end game, everyone would want their own ideas, rules, and ideals to be the most important. What you would have, is groups (bands, tribes, gangs) containing some skilled and combat experienced members, using and teaching their skills to others, while the majority of the local populace does nothing positive or negative for/to you. Our country would become Afghanistan.

Or, you can do what I do, drink a lot of vodka, wait patiently in my own bunker, and watch Red Dawn and Taps over and over.

Dude no one watches Red Dawn in their bunkers any more. It's all 13 Cloverfield Lane now. Jesus man, get with it [laugh]

I think we are sort of saying the same thing. My point is, without real leadership and a shared goal/direction it would all be a huge cluster-f and go nowhere. That leadership would need a secure place to lead from. A bunch of random disobedient civilians isn't going to get anywhere as far as actually taking over the govt or anything like that.

It may eventually lead to real discussion and wake up enough Americans to get some changes going and stop voting in criminals who ignore the Constitution, maybe. Or it may just convince the average dolt that civilians with guns are bad because their little revolt took out a cell tower or two and they couldn't text each other what the Kardasians were doing for 5 minutes.

This is really just a bunch of tin foil make believe at this point. Maybe I'll write a dystopian book and hope for a movie like the dozens of others already out there so I can retire early, lol.

Actually a great idea, maybe make it more of a "manual" disguised as a book, so though ficticious, it becomes informative for the masses

What "home base to run operations " do you need? A bunker with maps and comms and sand tables for the country?
A concentrated "civil war" wont happen in this country, even if shtf, because no one would agree to the end game, everyone would want their own ideas, rules, and ideals to be the most important. What you would have, is groups (bands, tribes, gangs) containing some skilled and combat experienced members, using and teaching their skills to others, while the majority of the local populace does nothing positive or negative for/to you. Our country would become Afghanistan.

Or, you can do what I do, drink a lot of vodka, wait patiently in my own bunker, and watch Red Dawn and Taps over and over.

The Revolution was fought this way. 2/3 of the populace was either loyalist or neutral, and of the "patriot" 1/3 only a tiny proportion actually took up arms.

Unfortunately, this time the tyrannical government has more resources, and is already here.

The Revolution was fought this way. 2/3 of the populace was either loyalist or neutral, and of the "patriot" 1/3 only a tiny proportion actually took up arms.

Unfortunately, this time the tyrannical government has more resources, and is already here.

Government resources become irrelevant when being used on their own soil against their own populace, history shows us this.
The big sticking point isnt the 2/3 of the populace, they will fall in line with one side or the other, or remain "neutral" (cowards).
Your 1/3 of the populace that take up arms is the big issue.
Will there we a William Wallace or Ahmad Shah Massoud among us to "Unite the Clans"? Possibly, but he/she is currently under the radar. Getting the 1/3 to fight for the same reasons and ideals on U.S soil is modern day alchemy.

.... any chance of success would hinge on a large part of the country being willing to secede from the union along with a large part of the military and law enforcement that can use that territory as a base to defend from..

I think we are sort of saying the same thing. My point is, without real leadership and a shared goal/direction it would all be a huge cluster-f and go nowhere. That leadership would need a secure place to lead from. A bunch of random disobedient civilians isn't going to get anywhere as far as actually taking over the govt or anything like that...

I had an epiphany while swimming laps at 4:45 this morning.... Rhode Island... It is perfect. Even though it is small, there is plenty of room for all of us. I know we like to thing that there are 200 million of us out of 300 million that feel the same way we do, but that's simply not true. At least, not enough to make a stand and actually relocate.

Why Rhode Island? Tons of waterfront for bringing in goods. Relatively small border to defend. Most of the people in Washington wouldn't miss it and could care less about it. Fewer people to peacefully relocate, and we could standardize most of the paperwork by having it pre printed with the names Vinny or Tony and just write in the last name. [grin].

We could probably convince Colt, S&W, Kahr, Kimber, Henry and Sig to relocate to our new nation and become the firearms capital of the world. We could all have our dream jobs of working for a firearms manufacturer.

Sure, we would have to flatten most of Providence, but it is a shit hole anyway. We could base the government in Newport as there are already plenty of stately mansions with grounds large enough to add bunkers and fortifications. We could fund the whole thing just by adding toll booths to 95. Charge 20 bucks at both ends of the state. If you don't want to pay, drive around.

We would be like Lichtenstein. A tiny country surrounded by morons.

ETA - Dibbs on the Astor Beechwood mansion.

Last edited:
The Liar-in-Chief at it again while speaking (propagandizing) in Dallas:

"We flood communities w/ so many guns, that it's easier for a teen to buy a Glock than get his hands on a computer."

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/07/...ier-for-teenagers-to-buy-a-glock-than-a-book/

Don't you have to be 21 to legally purchase a handgun?

The second half was his usual gun-control shtick, capped by the instantly infamous bit of propaganda below. It’s easier to buy a gun than a book? Not if you’re buying legally. If you’re buying from a federally licensed dealer, as most people do, you need to pass a background check. What Obama means, I assume, is that in poor neighborhoods with higher crime, illegal guns may be easier to come by than books. He’s trying to make a point, I think, about the murder rates in places like his hometown of Chicago, not an overarching statement about the general availability of guns everywhere, but that’s not how it came out. Result: A lot of rolled eyes on social media for a speech that seemed at first like it was going to rise to the occasion.

So, not to get all tin foil hat here but does anyone think that it is a bit far-fetched that one Army Reservist was able to shoot 11 LEOs and kill 5 with an AK-74?

So, not to get all tin foil hat here but does anyone think that it is a bit far-fetched that one Army Reservist was able to shoot 11 LEOs and kill 5 with an AK-74?

It's possible but I also think that if there were more ways to be anti gun, they would've taken that route (i.e. More than one shooter with more guns).

Im fairly sure most of it is on video for you to watch at this point, is it not?

I have to wait few years on the complete report but so far everything is in sink with the official version attributing everything to yet another frustrated nutcase with superhuman abilities.

It's possible but I also think that if there were more ways to be anti gun, they would've taken that route (i.e. More than one shooter with more guns).

I think the .gov always needs the lone wolf

The last thing they need is groups of people in agreement standing up against the .gov.

Bundy Ranch and Malheur were much more threatening to .gov tyranny than all lone wolves.

My opinion.

I think the .gov always needs the lone wolf

The last thing they need is groups of people in agreement standing up against the .gov.

Bundy Ranch and Malheur were much more threatening to .gov tyranny than all lone wolves.

My opinion.

Yup, plus they get their anti-gun hard-ons more over a lone wolf with a big scary ass-halt rifle than a bunch of angry folks with grandpa's bolt action .30-06's

No. I know plenty of dudes that have never worn a uniform that can run a gun and know how to swing it well enough to do the same kind damage, if not worst. Anyone with the right mindset and training budget can become plenty competent.

I have not been following but did they have 3 men in custody not talking? Was that media jumping the gun again?

Allow me to give you comprehensive progression report:

- 3 fully coordinated shooters in some kind of a triangular elevated position
- 1 dead + 2 in the custody
- One mistake, but 2 still in the custody + 1 still dead but killed by robot
- 2 brothers + 1 woman in the custody
- 3 people from the black Mercedes in the custody
- Shooter acted alone
- Dallas Police Chief complains that open carry is causing a confusion
- Experienced shooter downgraded to a lonely nut who was rejected by military because he was stealing underwear. Even Black Panthers did not want him. Obama confirms Lonely Nut story.
-What 3 people?

No. I know plenty of dudes that have never worn a uniform that can run a gun and know how to swing it well enough to do the same kind damage, if not worst. Anyone with the right mindset and training budget can become plenty competent.

To paraphrase what Barry told the nation yesterday: It is easier to shoot the big black gun than to type on the computer.

Back
Top Bottom