Daley promises to fight to keep handgun ban

Weis also defended Chicago police officers who are facing a federal lawsuit for allegedly beating a paralyzed man. "I will always give my officers the benefit of the doubt unless the facts prove otherwise," he said.

Well, that pretty much sums up who is in charge over there.

Their unbending position is going to help the pro-gun side more than they realize.

It'll get the rulings we need in our favor a lot faster than proceeding in other states.

Edit: ROFL at the comment about new safety measures being needed for LEOs and firefighters going to homes that contain firearms.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They aren't going to get shot. What the hell is this idiot smoking?

To be fair, the AG's office doesn't make comments that are this stupid.

I saw this the other day and laughed about it as well. Then I started to think about it. Its an ideal solution for a backdoor ban. Most declarations for the concern of items that may harm first responders will likely pass in both public opinion and in legislature.

Its a dirty trick, but a well played one if we dont keep our eyes on this guy and other in his position that will continue to use this method for their means rather than their failing bans.

I saw this the other day and laughed about it as well. Then I started to think about it. Its an ideal solution for a backdoor ban. Most declarations for the concern of items that may harm first responders will likely pass in both public opinion and in legislature.

Its a dirty trick, but a well played one if we dont keep our eyes on this guy and other in his position that will continue to use this method for their means rather than their failing bans.

That's an interesting perspective Clinotus, and you're right, if they wrap it up in a fireman's coat, it's quite likely to pass no matter how stupid the idea. If that takes hold we could see abrogation of the spirit of the Heller Verdict if not the letter of the law.

My guess is that Daley and the rest of these scumbags will be found out for what they really are! The guys probably a low life, fund taking, POS with a history of payola Chicago style. Just a matter of time!

The lawyers and staff at the Brady campaign must have had a collective brain aneurysm when they heard this news.

Weis also defended Chicago police officers who are facing a federal lawsuit for allegedly beating a paralyzed man.

Good man that chief!

The fine officers at the CPD would never behave in such a criminal manner. [thinking]

"Morton Grove can do anything that it wants," Daley said at an unrelated news conference. "I don't look at this lightly—that, 'Oh, because the Supreme Court's done it we're just gonna dismiss it and all of a sudden people can arm themselves,' " he said.

Daley is a cocky SOB, huh?

""I don't look at this lightly—that, 'Oh, because the Supreme Court's done it we're just gonna dismiss it and all of a sudden people can arm themselves,' " he said."

You can bet your bottom dollar if the SCOTUS had found for the opposite ruling, Daly and all the other super liberal thugs in charge would have had a field day, purging every single firearm and ammunition from their borders the day OF the ruling. They would have had writer's cramp from all the new laws they would have put in place! They ALWAYS take advantage of the situation when they are in their favor. Find against them, however, and they whine an bitch and appeal time and time and time again until they finally get their way. They refuse to lose, period, and it's really disturbing to watch.

This was a HUGE slap in the face for those communities and they are just showing their true colors when it comes to the rule of law. They're so transparent that it's comical to watch and listen to them rant. Reminds me of when integration took place down South back in the 60s. Remember? Those local government people stood on the steps of the school refusing to admit that first bus of kids. That's the mentality that Daly and his ilk are bringing to the table right now. I wonder when he'll stand on the steps of the first gun shop to open in town, refusing entry to a customer?? Dummies.

Rome

Asshats like Daley and Fenty are going to be our biggest asset in our fight for our 2nd Amendment rights.

Keep on doing what you're doing, gentlemen ...

Well, you have to give him some credit for sticking to his gu... nevermind.

I agree. Let them stand adamantly opposed to reality, truth, and the rule of law. They'll only damage their own misguided causes.

This was a HUGE slap in the face for those communities and they are just showing their true colors when it comes to the rule of law. They're so transparent that it's comical to watch and listen to them rant. Reminds me of when integration took place down South back in the 60s. Remember? Those local government people stood on the steps of the school refusing to admit that first bus of kids. That's the mentality that Daly and his ilk are bringing to the table right now. I wonder when he'll stand on the steps of the first gun shop to open in town, refusing entry to a customer?? Dummies.

Rome

I smell a road trip!

That's an interesting perspective Clinotus, and you're right, if they wrap it up in a fireman's coat, it's quite likely to pass no matter how stupid the idea. If that takes hold we could see abrogation of the spirit of the Heller Verdict if not the letter of the law.

Indeed. I think most of the crowd that want less guns on the streets do not really care if the means intrudes on the rights of those who are law abiding citizens. We are simply collateral damage in a battle and they are willing to screw everyone in the process even themselves. Hmmmm....whats a popular term in todays 'post 9/11 world' for such a mindset? [wink]

Moving on to other quips in the news that show the newer tools at hand:
Officials state the wildfires near Yosemite were ignited by sparks created from firearms used for target practice.

Here in MA they started on the hunters with the no lead shot on public or managed land.

You can see the shift on where they are going with items and accusations like these, its 'For the Children v 2.3."

'Oh, because the Supreme Court's done it we're just gonna dismiss it and all of a sudden people can arm themselves,' " he said.

lol,

just because our forefathers gave people the right of free speach, doesn't mean i'm just going to let it happen.[rofl]

Yeah, i hope that SCOTUS gets a copy of that quote. what a prick.

Easy enough approach to the whole emergency responder issue: Make it an additional felony to commit violence against a Firefighter or Paramedic/EMT who is on the clock, just like LE. That way it takes the heat off of the law-abiding gunowners and puts the true scumbags away for that much longer. I'd prefer that they be remanded to the bottom of the Lake Michigan, but prison would work equally as well.

Back
Top Bottom