• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

~ DALEY IS ANNOYED . . .

MAYORD-111.jpg

Daley annoyed that gun registry not up and running
Share |
Chicago Tribune
Posted by John Byrne at 3:35 p.m.; updated at 5:12 p.m. with CPD response​

Mayor Richard Daley expressed frustration today that the Chicago Police Department has not set up a database to let police officers and firefighters know how many firearms are registered in each home in the city.

The registry was a key piece of Daley's new gun control platform this summer after the U.S. Supreme Court overturned the city's handgun ban in June. The mayor said it would help protect first responders by letting them know what kind of situation they might encounter when they went to calls in Chicago residences.

"It is annoying" that the registry isn't yet in place, Daley said when asked about the topic after the City Council meeting.

Last edited:
MAYORD-111.jpg

Daley annoyed that gun registry not up and running
Share |
Chicago Tribune
Posted by John Byrne at 3:35 p.m.; updated at 5:12 p.m. with CPD response​

Mayor Richard Daley expressed frustration today that the Chicago Police Department has not set up a database to let police officers and firefighters know how many firearms are registered in each home in the city.

The registry was a key piece of Daley's new gun control platform this summer after the U.S. Supreme Court overturned the city's handgun ban in June. The mayor said it would help protect first responders by letting them know what kind of situation they might encounter when they went to calls in Chicago residences.

"It is annoying" that the registry isn't yet in place, Daley said when asked about the topic after the City Council meeting.

Wonder what they're going to do for the places where there are no guns registered? I guess there won't be any guns there. [thinking] Yeah, right!

If you've been following what's going on in the world, you know why they're checking NOW to make sure they have the data they're going to need very soon.

We're inching closer and closer to SHTF time. Wikileaks isn't all a big accident.

Wonder what they're going to do for the places where there are no guns registered? I guess there won't be any guns there. Yeah, right!

Stop trying to befuddle the bureaucrats. They don't think that way.

~Oh, and I'm gonna guess Jack Nicholson.~

Wonder what they're going to do for the places where there are no guns registered? I guess there won't be any guns there. [thinking] Yeah, right!

They'll just use your purchasing history to aggregate info on who buys what gun accessories, ammo, food prep, 'survivalist' stuff, etc. After that, finding the guns won't be hard.

Taking them will be!

Lots of folks think the data aggregation tools have been designed for 'marketing purposes'.

If you've been following what's going on in the world, you know why they're checking NOW to make sure they have the data they're going to need very soon.

We're inching closer and closer to SHTF time. Wikileaks isn't all a big accident.

You are right on! When the s&*t finally hits the fan those residences will be the first ones to be payed a visit by the police and national guard to remove the weapons by force if need be. It happened with Katrina and no matter what laws are passed to prevent this the feds rule over local jurisdictions. People would be best advised to get their heads out of the sand and wake up to the reality of what is really doing on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am glad he is annoyed. Maybe someday his annoyance will result in elevated blood pressure and him stroking out.

-Mike

Mayor Dailey is the same caliber person as those who feel its okay to unlawfuly touch children

Ehh I'm going to roll by 50 Oak street do a little smash and grab a GAP rifle then over to 33 Ivy St for a couple Glocks and on they way home I'll pick up a limited addition over under from Hemlock St.

No thanks.

Same crap going on all over Europe: EU Countries are obliged to have a central registry in place by 2014 via an E.U. directive. Of course Germany is sprinting ahead [angry]and want to implement it by 2012; decision was made in the aftermath of the Winnenden school shooting in the spring of last year.

Back
Top Bottom