• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Daley hints he may drop fight to keep handgun ban

I can't help but wonder if people like the Bradies and Bloomburg got after him. They know if this goes to SCOTUS it could get incorporated under the 14th. And they probably don't want to take the chance that all their stupid infringements all over the country will get hosed.

I can't help but wonder if people like the Bradies and Bloomburg got after him. They know if this goes to SCOTUS it could get incorporated under the 14th. And they probably don't want to take the chance that all their stupid infringements all over the country will get hosed.
I'd love to see the Sullivan Act get hosed.

How can someone that actually thinks like this be a mayor in a major city??? Completely and utterly clueless...

He picked his parents well. No other reason for him to more then a burger flipper (not to degenerate other burger flippers).

-= chuck

The SF ban is somewhat different -- only affects a particular class of citizen, not all citizens.

Yeah, but the idea is more or less the same. I doubt any court would see "moving out of the city" as being a reasonable restriction of any kind. It's
still pretty much a ban.

-Mike

Yeah, but the idea is more or less the same. I doubt any court would see "moving out of the city" as being a reasonable restriction of any kind. It's
still pretty much a ban.
You don't have to move out of the city, just out of public housing.

The SF ban is somewhat different -- only affects a particular class of citizen, not all citizens.

Wrong.

You really should read the links sometimes before posting.

San Francisco voters passed their ban in 2005, barring all city residents from selling, distributing or manufacturing firearms or ammunition.

And, I seriously doubt this one will get out of California. It's conflicts with the state law, which, of course, never stopped SF before.

On Wednesday, a three-judge panel of the California Court of Appeal upheld a district court decision, which found that the ordinance was pre-empted by several state laws, one of which prohibits cities from restricting handgun possession in an individual's home, business, or private property.

Back
Top Bottom