Dakota Alert MURS MAT

Vm is your friend. I keep a win7 and win10 image in Virtual box.

Works great with techstream and a $30 chinesium usb-2-ODB2 adapter to chat with my Toyotas.

Used one of the same images for years to chat with embedded systems, program with a JTAG device and tiddle with things which only speak Microsoft crap.

(All my laptop are Debian it personal and Ubuntu if work.)

Yagi are forgiving. As long as you get the math close and keep it simple, you should benefit. I haven't made one in a while, but the one I did make was absolutely flat on frequency (5 element) and cut based on a few calculations on a TI-85.

BTW, as an update for the MURS UV transmitters from Dakota Alert: I saw earlier that someone mentioned a 12vdc battery. I went to Amazon and bought 2x4 AA battery holders. I swapped out the original battery holder on the furthest transmitter as an experiment and, yup, it really did increase the signal and clarity and obviously the battery life. Plus the new battery holder has an ON/OFF switch.

A recent addition was a Dakota Alert MURS handheld which I can have with me to hear alarms while moving around outside the house plus being able to rx/tx to the base unit in the house.

On my wish list after this season now is more zone alerts to the base unit for fire/heat sensors. Unfortunately with one way in and out by the time we get the alert we'd be screwed already :-(

Back
Top Bottom