• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dad's license is "not valid"?!

For those of you who don't know the story about dad's LTC...
He applied March 17. He was told to check back in 3 weeks (same as I was).
So he checks back - no license.
Repeat for TWO MONTHS...finally, on Friday May 8, he sees the licensing officer who happens to find dad's application on his desk. Sits down, types for 5 minutes, and tells dad "It'll be here Wednesday."
Dad stops in on Monday, May 18 and the licensing officer says "Let me go get them, they're on the LT's desk."
He comes back with it and it's dated May 11 - one business day after he typed in dad's info (in front of dad).

Flash to today, when dad tries to buy a gun at Collectors...

"The license is not valid. Purchase may not proceed at this time. Please instruct the purchaser to contact their Licensing Authority for further information.

If you feel that you have received this message in erros, or are experiencing difficulty accessing a license you have reason to believe is valid, please contact the MIRCS Administrator for immediate assistance."

WTF is this?! Is this what you folks refer to for requesting a special PIN? Or is some more BS...lack of followthrough from our PD? The guy from Collectors said the PD didn't hit "enter" somewhere.

************ [angry2]

Last edited by a moderator:
It means they haven't activated it yet. Give them a call and they can probably correct that in a few minutes.

[shocked]

do you eat with that mouth?

that sucks. doing the walk of shame is not cool. call em and post an update....

Bummer! It's probably a silly paperwork error, & nothing to get too worried about just yet. Good luck to your dad.

So I called the LO this morning. He said he gets 3,000-4,000 applications a month, and usually gets at least 1 call a month saying they've had the same problem.
Supposedly it's all set now, and I can go in and get the paper he printed out showing that it's all set.
We'll see...

Back
Top Bottom