• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dad Facing Charges After Toddler Accidentally Shoots Mom

Hmm... 2 yr old? What did he have a razercat race gun with a half pound trigger? Dimes to dollars she shot herself by yanking the gun out of the kids hand. Obviously the kid shouldn't have had access to it in the first place. Dude might as well just get rid of the couch and put a second bed in the living room. [laugh]

Authorities disclosed details of the shooting when they announced Monday that the woman’s husband would face charges of reckless endangerment and child endangerment. His name has not been released.

So the state has legal ownership over everyone in his jurisdiction, correct? That's why the DA can charge you for endangering your own family? So by this logic, how come the DA isn't held responsible when an illegal runs over a citizen while drunk driving without a license or insurance?

Armchair quarterback moment here.

If I had encountered a 2 year old holding a handgun pointed toward me......I'd get out of the way of the muzzle first......step to the side......come around from the flank and take control of the pistol. Same way the NRA safety officer course instructs on controlling the muzzle when a shooter on the range is unsafe......if you feel you must take control of a handgun you always come to the side of the person and then take control.

Can't blame the mom even if the kid didn't pull the trigger and her taking it caused the gun to fire by pulling the trigger . Probably no experience with guns and she rushed in without thinking.

As far as charges on the father .....eesh

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom