• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CZ75P01 versus Ruger SR9C

Brin747

NES Member
My son turns 18 in a few weeks. I'll be buying him his first handgun for his birthday, and we have been shopping together to pick out what he wants.

He has narrowed it down to these two, and is torn between them. His thoughts are he really likes the feel of the CZ, but it's pretty heavy and a bit unwieldy if he wants to carry it. He likes the Ruger but doesn't like the grip as much as the CZ. I also know how good Ruger's service is if he ever has a problem.

Any other thoughts on these two choices?

you guys in NH are so lucky to get CZ for that kind of price. I sold my Sig 226 and Beretta after I got the CZ75 SP-01 Shadow.

There is no comparison between the CZ and Ruger. CZ every time. The PO1 is about as good as your going to get. If weight is a concern, try to get the PO1-SDP.

CZ because I have a CZ 75b lol. But seriously the build quality is not on the same planet when comparing the 2. Not saying Ruger is junk by any means, the SR series have great triggers.

CZ vs Ruger? Is that a trick question or something? CZ, all day, every day. I like Rugers, especially the underrated and overlooked P series, but there's just no comparison, really.

P01 ftw, though I have never handled an SR9C. There's just something special about a CZ, so if you can get your hands on one, buy buy buy.

Another vote for CZ. They don't really compare when it comes down to quality of a firearm.

That being said... Choose whichever shoots better for him.

I say SR9C as it fits my hand perfect. never an issue and 369.00.
He "WILL" buy another and let the next one be the CZ once he gets familiar with shooting. I like striker fired firearms unless it's a 1911

Last edited:
Ruger, all the way.

post-40444-Johnny-Airplane-Just-Kidding-g-T1Q3.gif

CZ. All the reasons above. Done.

Well, we went with the CZ, thanks for all the input. He just really loved the feel of it and decided he can always buy the Ruger for himself later...

How's that for an 18th birthday present? One happy young man!

Back
Top Bottom