CZ to purchase Colt?

For 3 days I've been saying, "someone wants to trade their CZ for a Colt??? Shouldn't this be on the XC?"

F Colt and the horse they rode in on, pun intended.

As far as that list, I'm not sure, cost not an issue, I'd ever pick up the Colt. And doesn't FN make Colt AR's in the first place????
They did sub out part of their .mil contract to fn

I probably wouldn't pick up a colt spikes or aero off there either lol

Like i said, CDS is real. You can dislike Colt's politics all you want but the rifles aren't crap or even close to it and the Colt will run with any of those rifles listed.

FN doesn't make rifles for Colt as far as I know.
They subbed out part of their .mil contract to fn for some reason.

I'm not saying colt won't run with them they just aren't good as them

Like i said, CDS is real. You can dislike Colt's politics all you want but the rifles aren't crap or even close to it and the Colt will run with any of those rifles listed.

The new Colts are almost entirely outsourced parts, assembled by Colt. It’s sad really. A shadow of their former self.

I kinda want CZ to re vamp the Python and while we are at it the Anaconda.

and when I say revamp, I mean start over and make it just like the original (and slightly better internals).

Well - guess I need to figure out if I buy a Gold Cup National Match now or after the acquisition is complete. Or do what I originally wanted to do which was to find an older one at a non-absurd price.

Not saying they are crap. Just a lot of other options that are amazing. No reason to use a Colt given that list. Maybe you are too fanboy. Lol

Hell, BMW is a performance machine. I’d never own them either. More for the operators than manf. ;)

If there were 20 rifles on the table

Pws
Bcm
Spikes
Aero
Colt
Noveske
Knights
FN -m4
Fn scar
Danny defense
Sig mcx
Sig m400 higher end not the stupid tread and its stupid rail
Larue
Giselle
Lmt
Yhm
Cz bren
Lwrc
HK

How long til your picking up that colt if money is no object?

Mix in the price where colt wants to charge with the higher tier rifles and no thank you
if they are all built to milspec standards what does it matter. Now when the manufacturer is checking each and every part holding a tighter spec than milspec calls for. Well then thats where the extra coin come into play.
Do i think there is anything wrong with colt. No because by now they "should" have the production line problems fairly sorted out. I dont know to many people with colts and when i do see them they tend to be the pre ban HBAR target or sport models.

If there were 20 rifles on the table

Pws
Bcm
Spikes
Aero
Colt
Noveske
Knights
FN -m4
Fn scar
Danny defense
Sig mcx
Sig m400 higher end not the stupid tread and its stupid rail
Larue
Giselle
Lmt
Yhm
Cz bren
Lwrc
HK

How long til your picking up that colt if money is no object?

Mix in the price where colt wants to charge with the higher tier rifles and no thank you
Easy, it’d be my 5th pick out of that huge list, and would be a toss up with he FN M4. It’s a known quantity.

if they are all built to milspec standards what does it matter. Now when the manufacturer is checking each and every part holding a tighter spec than milspec calls for. Well then thats where the extra coin come into play.
Do i think there is anything wrong with colt. No because by now they "should" have the production line problems fairly sorted out. I dont know to many people with colts and when i do see them they tend to be the pre ban HBAR target or sport models.
Milspec is a benchmark some of them do it better.... some of them do it with proprietor bolts...Pistons barrels triggers etc. I also forgot to add barett and nemo arms to that list.

Theres a huge difference between a bcm gunfighter stock and a standard m4 stock but both are milspec

If the Colt is your 5th known quantity on there you need to get out more lol... most of those are top tier guns
Who’s tiers? Your tiers? Have you used them all extensively? Have they been used on the scale of Colt/FN in austere environments? Then no, they’re not “known quantities” to you. Colt may not have as nice finishing as some of the Gucci ARs out there, or proprietary features. But it gets the job done with durability, reliability, and decent precision for a carbine. I know if I grab a Colt M4, I can do some effective work.

Unless you’ve extensively used those guns you listed, then you’re talking about them with such high esteem based purely on internet chatter.

Last edited:
Milspec is a benchmark some of them do it better.... some of them do it with proprietor bolts...Pistons barrels triggers etc. I also forgot to add barett and nemo arms to that list.

Theres a huge difference between a bcm gunfighter stock and a standard m4 stock but both are milspec
Oh god no. Milspec are actually specifications that manufacturers need to build to. They are not a benchmark of quality. http://www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/milspec/MIL-C-71186_(AR).pdf

The BCM gunfighter is not “milspec”. Where do you get your info? It can attach to a milspec receiver extension. But it is not itself, milspec.

Who’s tiers? Your tiers? Have you used them all extensively? Have they been used on the scale of Colt/FN in austere and environments? Then no, they’re not “known quantities” to you. Colt may not have as nice finishing as some of the Gucci ARs out there, or proprietary features. But it gets the job done with durability, reliability, and decent precision for a carbine. I know if I grab a Colt M4, I can do some effective work.

Unless you’ve extensively used those guns you listed, then you’re talking about them with such high esteem based purely on internet chatter.
I would say yours is based on the chatter you like to read lol.

I'll give you lwrc and geiselle off that list are Gucci.

Spikes and aero and yhm make decent products but they don't have colts pedegree... some think that's good some think its bad

Everything else is a superior gun to Colt on that list.

I would say yours is based on the chatter you like to read lol.

I'll give you lwrc and geiselle off that list are Gucci.

Spikes and aero and yhm make decent products but they don't have colts pedegree... some think that's good some think its bad

Everything else is a superior gun to Colt on that list.

The only thing that I consider when it comes to picking a rifle, aside from extensive first hand experience is aggregated feedback from those using the guns in austere environments. I don’t hold online reviewers words as gospel. When experts claim a gun is great, but it hasn’t been used on a large scale in austere environments, it does guide my decisions as far as what I may want to personally try next. But it doesn’t automatically become a gun I choose to immediately grab for critical work.

And yes, I am rather familiar with the features and online reputation of all the products you listed.

But, you don’t even know what milspec means. So...

The only thing that I consider when it comes to picking a rifle, aside from extensive first hand experience is aggregated feedback from those using the guns in austere environments. I don’t hold online reviewers words as gospel. When experts claim a gun is great, but it hasn’t been used on a large scale in austere environments, it does guide my decisions as far as what I may want to personally try next. But it doesn’t automatically become a gun I choose to immediately grab for critical work.

And yes, I am rather familiar with the features and online reputation of all the products you listed.

But, you don’t even know what milspec means. So...
Do I need to write out the definition of milspec to make you feel better?

Plenty of those companies see active use.. your a Colt fan boy it's okay you have your likes and dislikes. Were not going to agree on it lol

Do I need to write out the definition of milspec to make you feel better?

Plenty of those companies see active use.. your a Colt fan boy it's okay you have your likes and dislikes. Were not going to agree on it lol
I own two Colts, but they’re clones 🤷‍♂️

My personal go-to rifles are home builds that I have personally tested and know how the components are working together. None are Colts.

But if we’re talking about a table of guns and I need to pick one to use, I’m going with the ones with good track records during use in austere environments with many many examples being used. Boutique/Gucci guns aren’t going to have that. And it just so happens the Colt fits that pretty well. My old issued M4 did everything I wanted it to do. It never failed me and took me out all the way to the bottom stadia lines on the ACOG with human target precision.

People talk about Colt quality. I guess. But being one of 2-5 manf's who have received real-world experience, that doesn't necessarily mean the others are BAD or even inferior. It's a lack of data situation.

I don't live in a sandbox or a swamp. I've got a PWA and a Bushy. And a Bushy. And a JCArms pistol lower. I sold my Colt during the Newtown debacle. I won't ever be involved in a situation where I need to fire off 500rds in a day and/or crawl through mud and sand and concrete and ketchup and maple syrup.

The new Colts are almost entirely outsourced parts, assembled by Colt. It’s sad really. A shadow of their former self.
Im going to gander colt made very little in house, Continental Machine wad a sub contractor for Colt this was prior to the birth of stag arms.

People talk about Colt quality. I guess. But being one of 2-5 manf's who have received real-world experience, that doesn't necessarily mean the others are BAD or even inferior. It's a lack of data situation.

I don't live in a sandbox or a swamp. I've got a PWA and a Bushy. And a Bushy. And a JCArms pistol lower. I sold my Colt during the Newtown debacle. I won't ever be involved in a situation where I need to fire off 500rds in a day and/or crawl through mud and sand and concrete and ketchup and maple syrup.
And not for nothing but it isn't like the army chooses their guns based on reputation... its more like who can make me a rifle that will meet these criteria for the cheapest amount possible.

Granted that criteria isn't 5 rounds and your in either

And not for nothing but it isn't like the army chooses their guns based on reputation... its more like who can make me a rifle that will meet these criteria for the cheapest amount possible.

Granted that criteria isn't 5 rounds and your in either
That.. and extensive testing and trials for verification of the requirements.

Lol the reason some of us like colt is purely contextual.

For example given a choice of anything I would never buy a Colt. The thing is in the real world for a lot of people there is not a "choice of anything" especially
right now.

But if you told me I had to go into a half dozen rando gun stores in anytown USA and buy an AR that wasn't junk..... ? you know what the highest probability of
finding non junk is? A Colt 6920. At one point a several years ago (back before walmart cucked out of guns) you could buy the things at Walmart even. It was literally the best gun walmart ever sold, ever... [laugh]

Personally? I'm pretty much an Aero Precision M4E1 whore and like those 2 guns I built the best, and I got another two MostlyAero uppers on the way.... I also have a couple
of mutts built with Caracal uppers as well, even my Caracal builds are easily Colt-land, spec wise.

Eventually I'll have a BCM based build, too.

Let me put it this way. If some newb calls me up on the phone and goes full fgt and wants to know what AR to buy, and they have the attention span of a Chihuahua, I basically say "just buy a Colt 6920, throw an Aimpoint PRO on the top of it and just shut up" because it's a choice that has very little way to go wrong, and its like 3 mouse clicks on GB and a
transfer away for most of them. (not talking MA fgtry here either, so well put that aside). Given a modicum of care that gun will run forever for them and they won't have to worry
about it.

If the person that I'm doing the retard-hand-holding for has an attention span longer than that, yes, there are plenty of better choices but most people are faggots and don't want to do the
legwork required to get the other stuff. And right now everything else is spotty. Especially if you want a full BCM/Noveske/DD/whatever grade gun without having to go mixmaster
at some point.

"You want a what?"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkMWsO_-X7Y

"oh thats just adorable, none of that shits been available for months nao"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04R7i24tI_E

That.. and extensive testing and trials for verification of the requirements.
Which I don't understand how they were able to sub part of the contract to fn... but I digress

Yeah they went through the trials and did well... however it seems like the army never loved colt and couldn't wait to get rid of them the whole time...

Lol the reason some of us like colt is purely contextual.

For example given a choice of anything I would never buy a Colt. The thing is in the real world for a lot of people there is not a "choice of anything" especially
right now.

But if you told me I had to go into a half dozen rando gun stores in anytown USA and buy an AR that wasn't junk..... ? you know what the highest probability of
finding non junk is? A Colt 6920. At one point a several years ago (back before walmart cucked out of guns) you could buy the things at Walmart even. It was literally the best gun walmart ever sold, ever... [laugh]

Personally? I'm pretty much an Aero Precision M4E1 whore and like those 2 guns I built the best, and I got another two MostlyAero uppers on the way.... I also have a couple
of mutts built with Caracal uppers as well, even my Caracal builds are easily Colt-land, spec wise.

Eventually I'll have a BCM based build, too.

Let me put it this way. If some newb calls me up on the phone and goes full fgt and wants to know what AR to buy, and they have the attention span of a Chihuahua, I basically say "just buy a Colt 6920, throw an Aimpoint PRO on the top of it and just shut up" because it's a choice that has very little way to go wrong, and its like 3 mouse clicks on GB and a
transfer away for most of them. (not talking MA fgtry here either, so well put that aside).

If the person that I'm doing the retard-hand-holding for has an attention span longer than that, yes, there are plenty of better choices but most people are faggots and don't want to do the
legwork required to get the other stuff. And right now everything else is spotty. Especially if you want a full BCM/Noveske/DD/whatever grade gun without having to go mixmaster
at some point.

"You want a what?"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkMWsO_-X7Y

"oh thats just adorable, none of that shits been available for months nao"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04R7i24tI_E

So basically you called colt fan Boys a bunch of simple minded idiots who you'd watch try and put a square peg into a triangle for hours... got it

So basically you called colt fan Boys a bunch of simple minded idiots who you'd watch try and put a square peg into a triangle for hours... got it

Nope, you're reading too far into what I'm saying. I'm saying that a Colt 6920 is a great rifle, for what it is... and at its market position is more
omnipresent than others. It's a good default choice. Theres a reason for that, because the build/QC generally isnt shit.

That doesn't mean there aren't other options just as good, or better.

Colt mainly f***ed themselves in the commercial market by only having a limited product offering. Like good luck getting a Colt rifle that comes factory with an mlok forend, etc.

Nope, you're reading too far into what I'm saying. I'm saying that a Colt 6920 is a great rifle, for what it is... and at its market position is more
omnipresent than others. It's a good default choice. Theres a reason for that, because the build/QC generally isnt shit.

That doesn't mean there aren't other options just as good, or better.

Colt mainly f***ed themselves in the commercial market by only having a limited product offering. Like good luck getting a Colt rifle that comes factory with an mlok forend, etc.
I gotcha I'm being facetious.

Back
Top Bottom