CZ to purchase Colt?

DW357

NES Member

Interesting to hear this after learning Dan Wesson (owned by CZ) is discontinuing their revolvers.

Hmmmmm

Probably to pick up all the tooling and use the Colt name aquisition as a loss.
Its not like Colt's been putting out new anything every 5 years and the last run of Pythons had or still have cylinder hand issues. There isn't anything they make that isn't made better by another company.

I can see them keeping all the actual working employees. Or at least give them the option to stay.

Colt is a stunningly poorly run company. This can only improve how there are run. I still can't get over the fact that a distributor tries to order rifles from them and they tell the distributer no we aren't selling anymore rifles because we can't sell enough rifles. I get dropping civilian sales to concentrate on their military sales. Sure that make sense but the absolute nonsense that they put out at the time was just unbelievably stupid. Also the fact that they haven't brought anything new to the market in o let me see oh yea forever.

I can see them wanting to capitalize on the Colt name. Just like Elmer C. Ballance capitalized on the name Springfield Armory, even though his original company (LH Manufacturing) had nothing to do with the original Springfield Armory in Springfield, MA. Ballance sold the company to the Reese family of Geneseo, Illinois and they still leverage the name. People who know almost nothing about guns still recognize the name Colt and the old saw “God made men, but Sam Colt made them equal.”

Colt is a stunningly poorly run company. This can only improve how there are run. I still can't get over the fact that a distributor tries to order rifles from them and they tell the distributer no we aren't selling anymore rifles because we can't sell enough rifles. I get dropping civilian sales to concentrate on their military sales. Sure that make sense but the absolute nonsense that they put out at the time was just unbelievably stupid. Also the fact that they haven't brought anything new to the market in o let me see oh yea forever.
Then they flipped their decision once the drive for guns came up 6 min later...and way over charged for their crap rifles...

I can see them wanting to capitalize on the Colt name. Just like Elmer C. Ballance capitalized on the name Springfield Armory, even though his original company (LH Manufacturing) had nothing to do with the original Springfield Armory in Springfield, MA. Ballance sold the company to the Reese family of Geneseo, Illinois and they still leverage the name. People who know almost nothing about guns still recognize the name Colt and the old saw “God made men, but Sam Colt made them equal.”
Anthony Imperato did the same thing with Henry. He acquired the rights to the Henry name in 1996 and is now the 5th largest manufacturer of long guns in the US and 7th US company for overall gun manufacturing.

He was smart.....and makes a quilty long gun.

Last edited:
Then they flipped their decision once the drive for guns came up 6 min later...and way over charged for their crap rifles...
Lol what crap rifles? The 6920 is a benchmark for QC in the AR world. If your gun is over a grand it better be at least as good as a 6920 is.

Colts biggest problem WRT rifles is their product line never evolved much with the market. All the cool shit people want is generally absent from their lines.

Lol what crap rifles? The 6920 is a benchmark for QC in the AR world. If your gun is over a grand it better be at least as good as a 6920 is.

Colts biggest problem WRT rifles is their product line never evolved much with the market. All the cool shit people want is generally absent from their lines.
You literally get the same thing from Springfield ruger or fn for less money.

You literally get the same thing from Springfield ruger or fn for less money.

Colt is in a similar boat as Remington. Is Colt trying to compete with the mid or top tier competitors? Colt hasn't really been a dominant, innovative presence in the AR market since, what, 2010? Colt can't compete with KAC, etc. in terms of being "the best." As you point out, though, Colt's simply more expensive than the bottom end of the market.

Colt, or CZ assuming CZ buys Colt, needs to move away from catering to old guys who want the same stuff for the past thirty years.

They did a very good job resurrecting's Dan Wesson.

Colt, needs to move away from catering to old guys who want the same stuff for the past thirty years.
Yet they most popular firearm is the new Python. What can they market? A new poly striker fired handgun? Unlike the days they were dominant, there are now many players.

Ruger? Lmao. FN sure, but good luck getting one. Springfield, maybe. Springfield does do a nice job wrt putting a decent trigger in, and they give you a nice rifle case.
I've owned several ar 556s they are fine meh guns..

Fns are easy enough to find... saints are Goodish

For the record I'm definitely a snob and only have bcm...pws... one sig m400 vtac... and one cheapo build.

My next build will be a larue

But i just think colt kinda sucks won't own one. But I've had mp sports and rugers and all kinds of mid grade ars and ruger isn't a bad one

Yet they most popular firearm is the new Python. What can they market? A new poly striker fired handgun? Unlike the days they were dominant, there are now many players.

Again - like Remington - what is Colt selling? Nostalgia or new, innovative guns? Selling quality nostalgia is a perfectly fine way to do business, just look at Henry or Galazan (CT) shotguns or Simpson Ltd.

Brownell's is eating its competitors' lunch with their Retro series, which is again modernized nostalgia, except for the AR-180 modernized uppers, those are really interesting.

Colt's problem before was that it was stuck in a limbo - not top tier but more expensive than mid-tier.

Colt is in a similar boat as Remington. Is Colt trying to compete with the mid or top tier competitors? Colt hasn't really been a dominant, innovative presence in the AR market since, what, 2010? Colt can't compete with KAC, etc. in terms of being "the best." As you point out, though, Colt's simply more expensive than the bottom end of the market.

Colt, or CZ assuming CZ buys Colt, needs to move away from catering to old guys who want the same stuff for the past thirty years.
Yup problem is the butcher every new product they try and release...seriously even the ars....we no longer sell to civies.... emergency hits they can jack up to sandy hook rates....we sell to civies again come back to us after we spit in your mouth and called you trash

Yup problem is the butcher every new product they try and release...seriously even the ars....we no longer sell to civies.... emergency hits they can jack up to sandy hook rates....we sell to civies again come back to us after we spit in your mouth and called you trash

For the record I have a 6920 with magpul furniture on it. It is my favorite rifle and I absolutely love it. I relies that the AR market was flat. I just don't get how a distributor calls you to order rifles and you tell the person that wants to buy your rifle that because sales are down and you want to buy our product we just won't sell it to you. How do you just walk away from a sale unless they couldn't do the sale because of their military orders. At least that I understand but to tell a buyer no is just a smh move. Any way if CZ buys it I hope they do a better job of running the company.

I dont know buys Colt fit and finish is really good imho. Admittedly I dont own a lot of their newer stuff. Even Larue has chinks in their armor. Their 30mm scope mount is not good at all.

Crap rifles? CDS (Colt Derangement Syndrome) is real.
If there were 20 rifles on the table

Pws
Bcm
Spikes
Aero
Colt
Noveske
Knights
FN -m4
Fn scar
Danny defense
Sig mcx
Sig m400 higher end not the stupid tread and its stupid rail
Larue
Giselle
Lmt
Yhm
Cz bren
Lwrc
HK

How long til your picking up that colt if money is no object?

Mix in the price where colt wants to charge with the higher tier rifles and no thank you

The only other rifles in that list I would take over the Colt all cost considerably more than the Colt. I paid $399 for my brand new Colt M4 uppers so I don’t get the overpriced argument.

For 3 days I've been saying, "someone wants to trade their CZ for a Colt??? Shouldn't this be on the XC?"

F Colt and the horse they rode in on, pun intended.

As far as that list, I'm not sure, cost not an issue, I'd ever pick up the Colt. And doesn't FN make Colt AR's in the first place????

The only other rifles in that list I would take over the Colt all cost considerably more than the Colt. I paid $399 for my brand new Colt M4 uppers so I don’t get the overpriced argument.
You got a good deal right now 6920s are anywhere from 1100 stripped of furniture to 2k

For 3 days I've been saying, "someone wants to trade their CZ for a Colt??? Shouldn't this be on the XC?"

F Colt and the horse they rode in on, pun intended.

As far as that list, I'm not sure, cost not an issue, I'd ever pick up the Colt. And doesn't FN make Colt AR's in the first place????
Like i said, CDS is real. You can dislike Colt's politics all you want but the rifles aren't crap or even close to it and the Colt will run with any of those rifles listed.

FN doesn't make rifles for Colt as far as I know.

Back
Top Bottom