CZ SPO1 TAC Jam/lockup

Hi y'all,

I was shooting a comp yesterday and my CZ had a severe jam. The round was stuck out of battery and I could not force the slide closed or open by hand. I got it clear after using a table to force the action open. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Attachments

• PXL_20201005_231558264.jpg
    PXL_20201005_231558264.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 43
Hi y'all,

I was shooting a comp yesterday and my CZ had a severe jam. The round was stuck out of battery and I could not force the slide closed or open by hand. I got it clear after using a table to force the action open. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

So I have a couple of questions. Runnin a CZ as well, never had that happen but I'm also still under 10k rounds

Was it failure to go into battery, like it hung up or caught the feed ramp and then jammed?
Did it get caught up before the spent one ejected? Like the mag pushed it up?
Case mouth catch? (I'm assuming its a reload)
Is that a 147 or 165?

I had the same thing happen when shooting my Glock 17. It turns out that the factory round had a bulging case. I had over 900 rounds left from same case and found 6 additional rounds that were out of spec. Hope this helps.

Jeebus, I am thinking that that is a bad round.
I had a case of blazer once with 8 rounds of 1000 that had deformed lips on the cases and bullets seated crooked, which cause failures to go into battery (Glock 34).
I've never had an issue like that with any CZ (or any other pistol).

So I have a couple of questions. Runnin a CZ as well, never had that happen but I'm also still under 10k rounds

Was it failure to go into battery, like it hung up or caught the feed ramp and then jammed?
Did it get caught up before the spent one ejected? Like the mag pushed it up?
Case mouth catch? (I'm assuming its a reload)
Is that a 147 or 165?
It's a 115gr Herters factory round. It was mid run so it definitely tried to feed into the gun and got caught halfway. It was a factory 18rd mag too so I know the mag was fine.

I had a case of blazer once with 8 rounds of 1000 that had deformed lips on the cases and bullets seated crooked, which cause failures to go into battery (Glock 34).
I'm starting to believe it was the ammo.

My bad rounds were also Blazer.

Back
Top Bottom