• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cz shadow 2 extended safety install. Is sanding neccesary?

I recently purchased a cz shadow 2 and I want to install the included extended safety. However after reading other sites, people claim that they have to file down the teeth on the safety in order for it to catch on the sear. If not the safety will only work on half cock position and not fully cocked. They claim the teeth hang it up. Is this true or does the extended safety just slide in and work properly? Is there anyone near Swansea,
mass that knows how to do this. I would prefer not to damage my new firearm. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thank you

Last edited:
Supposedly the extended safety has slightly larger teeth than the slimmer safety that the gun originally comes with. The gun comes with an extended safety in the box that you can install if you so choose.

I didn’t have to do any work other than drop it in. I liked the extended safety because I rested my thumb against it.

I think most fitting is if you want the S2 extended safety in a standard SP01.

Ive yet to try the extended safety on my S2. With my larger hands and high grip I think it might get in the way.

Ive yet to try the extended safety on my S2. With my larger hands and high grip I think it might get in the way.

I'm about to put it on mine, the stock safety is a pain in the ass for small hands, I have the extd. style on my S1 and I have a love/hate thing with it but its much easier for me to deal with than the flat one. It only really matters when I'm shooting steel... EG, single action, start with safety on, etc...

i know this is an old thread, but I’m looking to buy a CZ Shadow 2 flat safety, and they’re hard to find right now

But it looks like a lot of people in this thread may have an extra one that they’re not using. Would anyone be interested in selling it (or trading for my extended one)?

Back
Top Bottom