Cz scorpion s1 carbine

I have read reviews that say the Scorpion is much better to suppress than the MPX. When we move out of MA to a free state of course...as to the Bren, that’s not a PCC so apples/oranges. If they made the scorpion in 10mm, now that would be nice.

My initial plan was to buy the mpx but I came across a great trade deal for the evo. I have never shot the mpx so I can't comment on which one is better but I guarantee that if a 9mm carbine is what you want that you won't be disappointed with the evo. I still think about getting a mpx once I have a spare 1800 but then I come back to how much an awesome gun the 900 buck evo is. I'm vain as the main reason I wanted the mpx was I thought it looked better than the evo but the evo looks really good in person. The evo is also built extremely well, I'm sure it can take some abuse if that's your thing. It is also a very soft shooter, very little recoil.

Pre-bans?

Grabbing on to this thread... I've been looking for a preban mag option for the Scorpion. I saw there was a guy who came up with an adapter sleeve that would fit surplus Uzi mags that allegedly worked well. They were supposed to be marketed by Detroit Ammo Co. but the thread and the link dried up. I guess there not a big market there.
xSCprez.jpg
The betas were 3D printed and looked wicked simple. Anyone know of a source for something similar or have the skills to create something like that? Thx.

Pre-bans?

Grabbing on to this thread... I've been looking for a preban mag option for the Scorpion. I saw there was a guy who came up with an adapter sleeve that would fit surplus Uzi mags that allegedly worked well. They were supposed to be marketed by Detroit Ammo Co. but the thread and the link dried up. I guess there not a big market there.
View attachment 305019
The betas were 3D printed and looked wicked simple. Anyone know of a source for something similar or have the skills to create something like that? Thx.

Weren't those adapter sleeves for UZI Pro mags? Only reason I bring up that technicality is because UZI Pro mags have different mag catch locations than pre-ban UZI mags. It might be something one could alter on the pre-bans, but I don't think it would work out of the box. I could be wrong though.

That is the only reason I haven't purchased either the MPX or Scorpion yet--lack of preban mags or solutions to use prebans. I'd hate to use 10 rounders. At the very least though, I'd use 10/30 mags for ease of reload if I went that route.

How's dealer stock in MA for the CZ Scorpion carbines? Been wanting to buy one for a bit and with all the Ban-talk now, it's probably past time I did. I think The Gun Parlor has one for sale, any others?

Why do you like it over the Sig? Cause I'm considering both. MFS has great deals on the MPX, not sure about the EVO.

I have an MPX and really like it, but have no experience with the Scorpion. I had it transferred to me through MFS (it was previously Massified).

I’ve only had one range day with it in which I only put 50 rounds through it though, but it ran like a top.

Last edited:
How's dealer stock in MA for the CZ Scorpion carbines? Been wanting to buy one for a bit and with all the Ban-talk now, it's probably past time I did. I think The Gun Parlor has one for sale, any others?

MFS seems to have the CZ Evo 3 S1 listed for $1,050. and "in stock". That's the regular barrel carbine version. Their website shows the MPX at $1,912., but "out of stock".

Am I going crazy..... wasn't the CZ only $800 last year?

Northeast Arms has them, dunno if in stock. Mass Firearms has great deals on EVO and MPX. Don't forget NH stores either. Next Level, Stateline etc.

Scorpion has always been 1000 or so in MA from what I have seen. Just be careful with the faux suppressor or muzzle break - they need to be pinned/welded or silver soldered, and the stock needs to be pinned. So that adds to the cost. Some dealers just loc-tite the suppressor.

Weren't those adapter sleeves for UZI Pro mags? Only reason I bring up that technicality is because UZI Pro mags have different mag catch locations than pre-ban UZI mags. It might be something one could alter on the pre-bans, but I don't think it would work out of the box. I could be wrong though.

That is the only reason I haven't purchased either the MPX or Scorpion yet--lack of preban mags or solutions to use prebans. I'd hate to use 10 rounders. At the very least though, I'd use 10/30 mags for ease of reload if I went that route.

I read the guy had made ones for both original Uzi and Uzi Pro and both worked ok but the pro was a little better because of the catches and feed angle.

Gartman had a bunch when I bought mine. Massafied and ready to go.

MFS seems to have the CZ Evo 3 S1 listed for $1,050. and "in stock". That's the regular barrel carbine version. Their website shows the MPX at $1,912., but "out of stock".

Am I going crazy..... wasn't the CZ only $800 last year?

Maybe in some states you can get one for $800.

MFS has much better prices in store. The MPX gen 3 is $1600, think gen 2 is $1400.

I’ve also seen reviews concluding that the scorpion is better to suppress than the MPX, for those non-MA folks who might care.

Can somone let me know if we can buy these here in ma.. feel like there are no legal carbines besides the hipoints.
My gun was purchased from the factory ( First Responder ). All you have to do is find a dealer that will pin stock for you or you can buy a fixed stock like mine and attach it at time of purchase.IMG_0505.JPG

Are you referring to the Magpul edition?
Was just about to ask this because they have numerous versions on the market from magpul, the original carbine, the faux suppressor, a couple different kinds of pistol. I attached the distinct models, ignoring color options. Obviously the braced models (or lack there of) have a with and without version as well. I am very much ignoring the abomination in the OP.02B457A8-CDA2-4E69-B087-95C978CCA264.jpeg98FF4B18-D0DA-48F1-8EBE-493B85C5F0EC.jpeg1586961768396.jpeg
C2ED1766-2DDC-4AE7-A138-544273F7A247.jpeg9B1B6B5E-5CE8-4BBD-905F-D357AF498CCF.jpeg4F523401-D3AD-4D75-9EA8-449A1D028695.jpeg3D7210AF-871B-4C2C-874C-79E7E86953A4.jpegF1D4C5CC-317B-47C9-99BB-805106B21A23.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom