Cz Scorpion Evo pistol

It's kind of a wash. If you buy 16" MA compliant, you have a rifle stock already. You can then buy a $260 barrel/shroud kit and DIY the replacement (unlike an MP5, this can be done). You can then enjoy having both barrel lengths or sell the 16" one for like $75-100., thus being about the same as buying a pistol and later buying a stock. Plus, you don't have to convince someone in a free state to break down the pistol for you in two shipments instead of just selling the pistol to a free stater.

so I would just buy the full size carbine, replace the barrel and shroud and it would be mass legal?

so I would just buy the full size carbine, replace the barrel and shroud and it would be mass legal?

After SBR tax stamp, if you mean going under 16". You'll probably also have to pin any muzzle device for full compliance. And only 10rd mags as we've discussed. Both guns are too new to have prebans.

It's kind of a wash. If you buy 16" MA compliant, you have a rifle stock already. You can then buy a $260 barrel/shroud kit and DIY the replacement (unlike an MP5, this can be done). You can then enjoy having both barrel lengths or sell the 16" one for like $75-100., thus being about the same as buying a pistol and later buying a stock. Plus, you don't have to convince someone in a free state to break down the pistol for you in two shipments instead of just selling the pistol to a free stater.

Good point but... the cost of a pistol in a fee state or on line is $200-250 cheaper than a ma compliant carbine....
My FDE pistol was $749 shipping for gun $25 parts$12 Transfer $25, ATF $200 Stock $175 Total just under $1200 cheaper than most in state carbines out the door

Last edited:
Yor best bet if you want to do an SBR is to find a pistol out of state, transfer the frame, file your form one and then assemble parts with stock. cost of pistol + $200 for atf+ $175 for a stock plus shipping and transfer fees.... why pay for new hand guard and barrel or to have is cut down.

The fun part is getting a remote to agree to break it down and a local who will move the frame....

I was at next level in Salem Brian had one on the wall I was checking it out for 800 bucks. Def a cheaper option than an mpx pistol. And these are a no go in mass.

Back
Top Bottom