Cz Scorpion Evo pistol

Does anyone know where you can buy a cz scorpion evo pistol in mass? I see the carbine a lot, but no pistol variant.

Lol that’s because most decent configs likely violate the awb somehow. (Im setting aside the handgun compliance bullshit, although that can be a problem too in terms of sale/transfer.

How is the hk sk5 legal?

Would it be legal to get a scorpion carbine and switch it to a bull pup?

An MP-5 pistol likely violates the AWB and is not legal to own in MA. I suggest you re-read the relevant passages of the AWB to understand why this is so.

https://goal.org/Documents/law_faq_pdfs/awfacts.pdf

Edit: in fact it does violate the AWB: magazine attaching outside the pistol grip and a manufactured weight of over 50oz.

It’s not legal here. You have 3 options-

1 big kid pants/stop caring
2 move out of ma
3 get an 07 and attendant state dealer license and become exempt.

pick one

It’s not legal here. You have 3 options-

1 big kid pants/stop caring
2 move out of ma
3 get an 07 and attendant state dealer license and become exempt.

pick one

Don't we still have the post ban assault ban issue of: Mag outside of the grip and weight?

But seriously, as pistols most of these are just silly. The SP89 is just really big and awkward as a pistol. Without the K grip or the stock they are just awkward and silly.

You might look at a getting as a carbine and then SBR it.

Can't you also get an SBR tax stamp and put a stock on it?

Yes, you could do that, so I guess there's a 4th option. But it still blows chunks.

By SBRing it you get rid of the best part of a braced pistol- which is not having to file 5320s, and the fact that it's not NFA.

You still have the magazine problem to deal with unless you're pulling the "dont care" lever at that point.

-Mike

Get the carbine, SBR it*, and then cry every time you put a 10rd mag into it.

*After tax stamp, buy a short barrel and fore end, pin a muzzle device on it, and engrave your SBR info into the receiver before installing.

Can't you also get an SBR tax stamp and put a stock on it?
As Mike said, the point of the pistols is to wallhack the NFA.

If you buy one to get a stamp and go through NFA, it's sort of like buying a pre-ban magazine to pin it to 10 rounds.

Although you could argue it's easier to put a stock on a pistol rather than to cut/crown a carbine.

Either way, you're now in NFA land with its associated headaches.

Yes, you could do that, so I guess there's a 4th option. But it still blows chunks.

By SBRing it you get rid of the best part of a braced pistol- which is not having to file 5320s, and the fact that it's not NFA.

You still have the magazine problem to deal with unless you're pulling the "dont care" lever at that point.

-Mike

That's why I haven't done it.

I've been wanting a SBR Scorpion.

Here I think it'd be easier to do it from a rifle, but I'd prefer to start from a pistol even though that's more steps/money

definitely..
that is a whole other can of worms that somebody may or may not want to go down.

The end result (IMO) is a 100% more functional end product.
Get the carbine, SBR it*, and then cry every time you put a 10rd mag into it.

Yeah, with 10-round limit I feel at this point a fixed mag AR lower is an easier way to go.

8" barrel with flash suppressor, 10 round AR fixed lower, folding stock.

All mass legal if I understand correctly.

Yeah, with 10-round limit I feel at this point a fixed mag AR lower is an easier way to go.

8" barrel with flash suppressor, 10 round AR fixed lower, folding stock.

All mass legal if I understand correctly.

I'd actually love to get a Scorpion, but it's such a shame to have to be satisfied with 10rd mags. Too bad it isn't using Colt/Uzi pattern.

Same boat with the MPX in MA. Kinda indecent to SBR it and then use gross 10rd mags.

Right?!? I hate to sound vain, but man, I just can't get over how these sub guns look when gimped with 10rd mags.

scorpion10rd.jpg

Yor best bet if you want to do an SBR is to find a pistol out of state, transfer the frame, file your form one and then assemble parts with stock. cost of pistol + $200 for atf+ $175 for a stock plus shipping and transfer fees.... why pay for new hand guard and barrel or to have is cut down.

Yor best bet if you want to do an SBR is to find a pistol out of state, transfer the frame, file your form one and then assemble parts with stock. cost of pistol + $200 for atf+ $175 for a stock plus shipping and transfer fees.... why pay for new hand guard and barrel or to have is cut down.

It's kind of a wash. If you buy 16" MA compliant, you have a rifle stock already. You can then buy a $260 barrel/shroud kit and DIY the replacement (unlike an MP5, this can be done). You can then enjoy having both barrel lengths or sell the 16" one for like $75-100., thus being about the same as buying a pistol and later buying a stock. Plus, you don't have to convince someone in a free state to break down the pistol for you in two shipments instead of just selling the pistol to a free stater.

You can like what you like, but I would personally want something with pre ban mag availability.

Anything that takes Glock mags
MP5
Uzi
Tavor (9mm) takes colt pattern mags.

You can like what you like, but I would personally want something with pre ban mag availability.

Anything that takes Glock mags
MP5
Uzi
Tavor (9mm) takes colt pattern mags.

If you don't want to play the pistol games, you could get a carbine and swap the barrel or chop the barrel. AFTER an approved Form 1 that is..

I am very naive to this topic...newer to guns, have pistols, but no rifles. How is the mpx made mass legal but the scorpion isn’t...very confused.

Back
Top Bottom